Forfar V The Bloo Toon

Skelly runs about more, scores very little.

Rusty runs about very little, scores more.

Pretty sure I know which I prefer, especially at the moment. Especially when you consider the fee paid for one of them.

Edited by RateofKnots

3 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Skelly’s a street footballer, out of his depth at senior level.

Skelly needs a strike partner, never had one all season

Today was a massive chance to save our season, defeat on Tuesday and all roads lead North.

1 minute ago, tbsouth said:

Skelly needs a strike partner, never had one all season

Today was a massive chance to save our season, defeat on Tuesday and all roads lead North.

So blame McKinnon. He BOUGHT him. 

But that doesn't mean Skelly gets a pass. He's been woeful for months.

Edited by RateofKnots

Insane that we are debating Forfar strikers after today. That was all about McKinnon’s negativity and pacifism in the second half. Everything we did invited Peterhead onto us and we pretty much got what our tactics and attitude asked for. In the end lucky to get a point from being 3-0 up at half time.

1 minute ago, nofixedability said:

Insane that we are debating Forfar strikers after today. That was all about McKinnon’s negativity and pacifism in the second half. Everything we did invited Peterhead onto us and we pretty much got what our tactics and attitude asked for. In the end lucky to get a point from being 3-0 up at half time.

Correct, shades of the Hegarty era, do not cross the half way line.

3 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Agree to an extent but Peterhead should get credit, they were so slick and passed it through and around us for fun.

Just now, Jupiter Jazz said:

Agree to an extent but Peterhead should get credit, they were so slick and passed it through and around us for fun.

Credit to them for not ditching the game plan. They lacked cutting edge in the 1st half & were punished. 2nd half they added some quality to their play.

3 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

When the defence and midfield has 10 yards to play what do you expect, we simply didn't work hard enough 2nd half.

The hedge derbies are creeping closer

2 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Absolutely but they were also very much there to be attacked at the back and had we gone at them in the second half I think we could have scored more. Deciding to stick at three goals handed all the initiative to a Peterhead side that needed no encouragement to have a go at us, the tactics, subs and attitude in the second half was so, so wrong and it was pretty obvious early in the half that it was going to be a rear guard action rather than trying to go and win the game.

1 hour ago, tbsouth said:

Kerr Hay to score the 98th minute winner away to Rothes 1st game next season...💯

1 hour ago, tbsouth said:

Rothes away 1st game next season 

23 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

defeat on Tuesday and all roads lead North.

4 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

The hedge derbies are creeping closer

I think you've made your point.

1 hour ago, RateofKnots said:

Skelly runs about more, scores very little.

Rusty runs about very little, scores more.

Pretty sure I know which I prefer, especially at the moment. Especially when you consider the fee paid for one of them.

We know better than most how frustrating Rusty can be you know there is a decent player in there just depends which side of the bed he got out of that morning 😜

9 minutes ago, peternapper said:

We know better than most how frustrating Rusty can be you know there is a decent player in there just depends which side of the bed he got out of that morning 😜

Must say I don't find him frustrating in the slightest. He's a good watch and different from your run of the mill lower league forwards.

6 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Must say I don't find him frustrating in the slightest. He's a good watch and different from your run of the mill lower league forwards.

You do realise being competent at this level is reliant on players having good work rates? Stenny have a real togetherness & outstanding work rate, hence they're the best team in the league, they hardly have a bunch of world beaters.

McLean is a p***k. Legend in his own mind, turfed out of every club he's been at. 

I don't rate skelly, but I'd much rather have a character like him in the side instead of that lazy shit. Scored twice then thought his job was done, clearly the job was not done....

17 minutes ago, May Rckinnon said:

You do realise being competent at this level is reliant on players having good work rates? Stenny have a real togetherness & outstanding work rate, hence they're the best team in the league, they hardly have a bunch of world beaters.

McLean is a p***k. Legend in his own mind, turfed out of every club he's been at. 

I don't rate skelly, but I'd much rather have a character like him in the side instead of that lazy shit. Scored twice then thought his job was done, clearly the job was not done....

How would Stenny have to have "a bunch of world beaters" to be topping this league? Have you changed your view on Aitken's workrate btw?

Pretty sure he's not been turfed out of every club and the bottom line is I find him entertaining to watch, not sure what difficulty you have with that.

6 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

How would Stenny have to have "a bunch of world beaters" to be topping this league? Have you changed your view on Aitken's workrate btw?

Pretty sure he's not been turfed out of every club and the bottom line is I find him entertaining to watch, not sure what difficulty you have with that.

Compared to McLean, Aitken was at full sprint for 90 minutes. Matty was a Dumpling, not a fully paid up card carrying arsehole.