VAR  

233 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

There are four different decision makers here who are coming up with different interpretations of the incident:

• On-field referee - Qualified and experienced referee. Has the "feel" of the game but only gets to see it once and may miss incidents or misinterpret them. Can sometimes get a second chance to view it at the screen, but only if the VAR intervenes. Could be influenced by crowd.
  • VAR - Qualified and experienced referee. Gets to watch multiple angles of the incident but may not have the feel of the game.
  • Appeal panel - Ex-players, managers etc. Don't think it includes any who is actually qualified as a referee. Could be influenced by the media clamour around an incident. Decisions not typically viewed in context of the game.
  • IRP - Ex-players, managers etc. "Guided" by someone with experience of the laws, but who knows what that means. Could be influenced by media clamour around an incident. Decisions definitely viewed in context of the game since it could be a couple of months later.

If all of these groups disagree with each other, is a decision really "wrong"?

That must be what happened with all three of ours.:lol:

Ex players, managers and coaches, all of whom famously showed an understanding of the rules and definitely didn't regularly show that they were morons who made up their own understanding based on some rose tinted, decades old era that never actually existed.

We hear it all the time on Sportsound, Sportscene and MOTD.

Yes. It is far better than the rage and frustration that I would endure on an almost weekly basis, caused by corrupt or inept officials. Keep it but get some decent officials in to operate it. The old firm would love to get rid of it.

9 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

Yes. It is far better than the rage and frustration that I would endure on an almost weekly basis, caused by corrupt or inept officials. Keep it but get some decent officials in to operate it. The old firm would love to get rid of it.

I highly doubt rangers would, certainly as a fan I wouldnt as the amount of decisions we've had after VAR intervened has been quite a lot

Two decisions give us 5 more points that the onfield ref didnt award (aberdeen away draw and hearts home win in injury time) 

Have we lost out on VAR at times, yup, both correctly and incorrectly, but personally I think VAR has been better overall for us