East Fife v Forfar Athletic (Sat 24/2)

East Fife welcome Forfar to Bayview tomorrow.

After a good win at Bonnyrigg last Saturday dare we start  to look up the table  rather than below ? Mid  table League  2 is  very tight with 3 points covering 5 teams so both teams have  plenty of  motivation.

I would expect to  see us continue  with  4-2-3-1 :

-Fleming-

-Murdoch-Page-Easton-Newton-

-McManus-        -Millar-

-Lyon-        -Trouten-       -Healy-

-Austin-

8 hours ago, nofixedability said:

Dick Campbell to talk utter pish before during and after the match. McKinnon to look completely uninterested.

mr campbell to retire after the game, realising the new Mourinho of Scottish fitba smash & grab  has arrived.

East Fife get lucky with a 1-2 defeat.

yes, i've drinking, but tomorrow when I wake up, i'll be drinking again

get into this fife mob 

37 minutes ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Why so much hate and jealousy coming from forfar fans over the Campbell's?

Chill out 😂

Absolutely no hate or jealousy from me. Enjoyed most of his time with us but he is a complete haver that talks pish all the time. No doubts he will improve East Fife considerably.

Forfar the better team in the 1st half. Fleming made a good stop with his feet and the goal came from a good Brindley cross which Allan got on the end. 

East Fife never got going in the 1st period but I suspect they got the proverbial rocket at half time as we were superior in the 2nd and with a bit more luck could have grabbed all 3 points. 

Draw was probably fair result, can't give teams a half start and expect to win.

Game of two halves again today.

we played well first half but didn’t create much. Thought Allan took his goal well. 

second half we capitulated again, east fife came out firing and were unlucky not to take the three points. Probably would of had it not been for McCallum saves & some poor finishing.

It’s good to be grinding out points, but it’s worrying that we can’t seem to be able to see out a lead.
Onto Stranraer next week which is looking like a tasty tie. 

39 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Game of two halves again today.

we played well first half but didn’t create much. Thought Allan took his goal well. 

second half we capitulated again, east fife came out firing and were unlucky not to take the three points. Probably would of had it not been for McCallum saves & some poor finishing.

It’s good to be grinding out points, but it’s worrying that we can’t seem to be able to see out a lead.
Onto Stranraer next week which is looking like a tasty tie. 

It would appear that McKinnon thinks a one goal lead is safe, even though we bottled a three goal lead last week 

Edited by May Rckinnon

East Fife should have won.

The first half both teams cancelled each other out, but we dominated after the break. 

McCallum is a decent goalie and Forfar are quite good at doing what they do. We need to get better at breaking down teams that play a style of football intent on preventing the other side playing.

Don't get me wrong here, Forfar are entitled to play this way. They aren't overly physical or dirty, but they are very clever at sitting in and hitting on the counter attack. 

I like Andy Munro in particular. Gave Nathan Austin a really good run for his money.

Thought the first half was quiet with not much action bar Forfars goal. Seemed to be a misjudgement from Fleming and its snuck in. 

Second half was much better and we looked to want it more. Austin looked superb and won every flick on almost. The subs also gave us a boost and we were unlucky not to create more. 

Happy enough with a point and it's 3 unbeaten for Campbell. Things are improving already. 

10 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

East Fife should have won.

The first half both teams cancelled each other out, but we dominated after the break. 

McCallum is a decent goalie and Forfar are quite good at doing what they do. We need to get better at breaking down teams that play a style of football intent on preventing the other side playing.

Don't get me wrong here, Forfar are entitled to play this way. They aren't overly physical or dirty, but they are very clever at sitting in and hitting on the counter attack. 

I like Andy Munro in particular. Gave Nathan Austin a really good run for his money.

I think you're giving them too much credit calling them clever, when they are literally being told not to cross the halfway line.

3 hours ago, GoldenNuggets_YeeHaa said:

Thought the first half was quiet with not much action bar Forfars goal. Seemed to be a misjudgement from Fleming and its snuck in. 

Second half was much better and we looked to want it more. Austin looked superb and won every flick on almost. The subs also gave us a boost and we were unlucky not to create more. 

Happy enough with a point and it's 3 unbeaten for Campbell. Things are improving already

thought Austin struggled in the air to be honest, Munro & Allan won most encounters with him from what I seen. 

I was very impressed with Connor McMnaus in the middle of the park for East Fife, he seemed to dictate most of the play especially in the second half.