Hearts v Hibs

Just now, DC92 said:

It's pretty obvious, really. You said "this is us in a fucking terrible season" when it's actually an average season for Hibs.

Not really.  Dunno why you have had to go so far back, we generally both make top six, sometimes we under perform and get relegated then take the league to court and lose. Since both us went down originally (first time for you guys) we both usually make the top six and Europe. 

1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

It's not scandalous to give a foul for a player making contact with another player and not getting the ball.

Aye of course, only Hibs were trying to win it 2nd half. Must've imagined us creating chances and pushing bodies forward. 

The lad dived mate.  Lets not start that nonsense. 

You guys slag Boyle, the state of the Costa Reekin wonder kid. 

You must have, apart from a counter attack at home you created jack shit.  

2 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

The lad dived mate.  Lets not start that nonsense. 

You guys slag Boyle, the state of the Costa Reekin wonder kid. 

You must have, apart from a counter attack at home you created jack shit.  

He made the most of it. It's not a dive though, he doesn't initiate it, he is caught. Blame Fish for being a diddy. 

Vargas got in behind twice, the offside one wasn't offside, so if he'd not fucked the finish it would've counted. He also robbed Obita and Shankland had a good chipped effort off it. Bushiri produced a good block on a Forrest effort and Nieuwenhof had a great chance where he fucked a header. 

See what I mean about it growing arms and legs?

Just now, Hoose Rice said:

Not really.  Dunno why you have had to go so far back, we generally both make top six, sometimes we under perform and get relegated then take the league to court and lose. Since both us went down originally (first time for you guys) we both usually make the top six and Europe. 

That's how far back I had to go to get to a second 3rd place finish for Hibs. 

If you want a bigger sample size, you've finished top six 11 times out of 23 since the split was introduced. Twice in the last 4 years.

Based on last night I'd fancy Hibs to finish 6th. I don't see how that's uniquely bad compared to your usual efforts.

5 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

He made the most of it. It's not a dive though, he doesn't initiate it, he is caught. Blame Fish for being a diddy. 

Vargas got in behind twice, the offside one wasn't offside, so if he'd not fucked the finish it would've counted. He also robbed Obita and Shankland had a good chipped effort off it. Bushiri produced a good block on a Forrest effort and Nieuwenhof had a great chance where he fucked a header. 

See what I mean about it growing arms and legs?

What?  The guy threw himself to the ground after kicking our players foot.   Same player is gash.  If you think they are good chances then fair play.

Anyway, match is done and can't be arsed arguing with the good jambos on here. 

2 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

What?  The guy threw himself to the ground after kicking our players foot.   Same player is gash.  If you think they are good chances then fair play.

Anyway, match is done and can't be arsed arguing with the good jambos on here. 

It wasn't given for contact on the foot, it was for putting his body into his hip. 

Agreed, not going to be on the same page here.

3 minutes ago, DC92 said:

If you want a bigger sample size, you've finished top six 11 times out of 23 since the split was introduced. Twice in the last 4 years.

Based on last night I'd fancy Hibs to finish 6th. I don't see how that's uniquely bad compared to your usual efforts.

It's a terrible record, agreed.  If only we had an owner that spent others money leading us to admin and almost going bust.  Our record would have been better then.  

Instead we built the stadium, the "barn" and never focused on the pitch. 

We have the players now to win a lot more games - some of our fans gush over Newell, some of your fans over Beningame, neither come close to the footballer Emi is. 

4 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

It wasn't given for contact on the foot, it was for putting his body into his hip. 

Nah and cool mate, wouldn't expect anything else.

Did you think Boyle should have got a penalty against celtc incidentally and it was clumsy by the defender, or a dive?

4 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Nah and cool mate, wouldn't expect anything else.

Did you think Boyle should have got a penalty against celtc incidentally and it was clumsy by the defender, or a dive?

I thought it was risky by the defender, but ultimately I didn't think it was a penalty as I thought Boyle was the one that changed his shape slightly to hit him.

However, I also said at the time I thought if it had been given it would've stood. Same as I feel about yesterday's. I think the contact is enough for Clancy to stick by it, but if he hadn't gave it VAR wouldn't have intervened.

14 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Do we actually know yet which of the two “challenges” the penalty was given for after the VAR

At the time it felt as if the referee on the pitch had been willing to give Hibs the benefit of the doubt once but not twice 

It’s entirely possible he changed his mind on both calls 

27 minutes ago, DC92 said:

They've been top 3 six times in the 21st century. Sadly for them, half of those top 3s came in the Championship. They're hoping to avoid (I think) their tenth bottom six finish overall and their third in five years.

It's a stretch to say this is an unusually bad season for Hibs. It's what they do every 2/3 years.

54 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

It's a terrible record, agreed.  If only we had an owner that spent others money leading us to admin and almost going bust.  Our record would have been better then.  

Instead we built the stadium, the "barn" and never focused on the pitch. 

We have the players now to win a lot more games - some of our fans gush over Newell, some of your fans over Beningame, neither come close to the footballer Emi is. 

I'm not sure what Romanov has to do with Hibs finishing consistently in midtable, but this is our 9th season since coming up post-admin. We've finished top 6 in 7 of those 9 seasons and are on course for a third top 3 finish. We've had one horrendous season and some other mediocre ones in that time, but the average league performance is much the same as under Romanov and before, 05/06 aside. That's certainly nothing to shout about, but that's how it is.

I honestly don't care about the cock measuring contest. It just feels like some Hibs fans wheel out some variant of the "we're having a terrible season and still we managed to do x against you" line just about every year.

Edited by DC92

6 hours ago, DC92 said:

It just feels like some Hibs fans wheel out some variant of the "we're having a terrible season and still we managed to do x against you" line just about every year.

You may be right - but its also almost identical to the variant that some Hearts fans frequently trot out -  "our team is in the middle of a terrible run but we didnt lose a derby so how shite must you be?".

I think the only thing fans of either club will agree on is that football fans will disagree about these things and look for any way to turn a debate their way.......................

I always find the Hearts got relegated twice argument quite funny considering we've been relegated twice yet hibs have still spent more time in the Championship than us.

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

I always find the Hearts got relegated twice argument quite funny considering we've been relegated twice yet hibs have still spent more time in the Championship than us.

I think you will find that it was a glorious adventure.....................

© Rod Petrie 

8 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I think you will find that it was a glorious adventure.....................

© Rod Petrie 

You'll not hear me arguing, the Championship season (when there was fans) was class.

26 minutes ago, Empty It said:

You'll not hear me arguing, the Championship season (when there was fans) was class.

Yep.

The only negative experience, really, was when The Rangers were also in the division - i.e. their fans.

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

Possibly that's an argument that's best not to get into in case there's any Aberdonians passing

9 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

They've been top 3 six times in the 21st century. Sadly for them, half of those top 3s came in the Championship. They're hoping to avoid (I think) their tenth bottom six finish overall and their third in five years.

It's a stretch to say this is an unusually bad season for Hibs. It's what they do every 2/3 years.

8 hours ago, DC92 said:

I'm not sure what Romanov has to do with Hibs finishing consistently in midtable, but this is our 9th season since coming up post-admin. We've finished top 6 in 7 of those 9 seasons and are on course for a third top 3 finish. We've had one horrendous season and some other mediocre ones in that time, but the average league performance is much the same as under Romanov and before, 05/06 aside. That's certainly nothing to shout about, but that's how it is.

I honestly don't care about the cock measuring contest. It just feels like some Hibs fans wheel out some variant of the "we're having a terrible season and still we managed to do x against you" line just about every year.

Regardless of how typical the mediocrity of Hibs this season is, the broader point stands.

That was a team we should have beaten at home and we didn't

Just like Ross county in December but for that matter Celtic should have beaten us at home and didn't

But this is all part of life's rich tapestry

As Seneca the younger (Roman Senator, Stoic philosopher and secretary of Ancient Corsica Hearts Supporters Club in 43 AD -49 AD) once said
"To bear trials with a calm mind robs misfortune of its strength and burden."