Hearts v Hibs

Oh dear.  

Play to our best and cause them problems.  Joe Newell doesn't hide for a change and Man Bun struts his stuff.  

The defence though ffs at their pink shit hole concerns me deeply.  

Actually glad to have this so quickly after yesterday.

Hibs won't, or maybe can't, come and sit in so that'll suit us. They obviously have threats but in general we've been in great form and we should be looking to win.

I'd go back to a back 4 and get Forrest and Vargas off Shankland. 

Was expecting this to be on the telly,  come on Sky sports you can do better.

Hearts have been getting the better results while Hibs try to play some nice football,  Hearts to steal the win again. 

Going to the game more in hope than expectation that I double my tally in terms of seeing HIbs winning at Tynie. I think it's once in around 15 attempts. Awful.

That said, it'll be interesting to see how both teams show up after their respective results at the weekend. Hearts got battered but are obviously off the back of a great run & we were very good for long spells against Dundee, coming off the back of an atrocious run over the same period.

Both teams strengths come in to direct opposition with the others weakness. Our left hand side could cause a lot of problems for whichever jobber gets picked at right back for Hearts which seems to be a problem position for them. The same can be said in reverse for Shankland and whoever we pick at LCB. 

Same Hibs team that started on Saturday please.

2-2 IMO.

14 minutes ago, conboyhibs said:

Going to the game more in hope than expectation that I double my tally in terms of seeing HIbs winning at Tynie. I think it's once in around 15 attempts. Awful.

That said, it'll be interesting to see how both teams show up after their respective results at the weekend. Hearts got battered but are obviously off the back of a great run & we were very good for long spells against Dundee, coming off the back of an atrocious run over the same period.

Both teams strengths come in to direct opposition with the others weakness. Our left hand side could cause a lot of problems for whichever jobber gets picked at right back for Hearts which seems to be a problem position for them. The same can be said in reverse for Shankland and whoever we pick at LCB. 

Same Hibs team that started on Saturday please.

2-2 IMO.

I've seen Hibs fans talking about targeting our RB but I think it's being overplayed massively. Lembikisa and Atkinson are both decent enough. Atkinson was atrocious on Saturday, but so were the rest of the defence and that's not the norm. Atkinson was excellent against Motherwell. He's played well in wins at ER and Parkhead. Him or Lembikisa have both played their part in our good run.

Just now, Tony Wonder said:

I've seen Hibs fans talking about targeting our RB but I think it's being overplayed massively. Lembikisa and Atkinson are both decent enough. Atkinson was atrocious on Saturday, but so were the rest of the defence and that's not the norm. Atkinson was excellent against Motherwell. He's played well in wins at ER and Parkhead. Him or Lembikisa have both played their part in our good run.

Agreed. I think people always look for "narrative" ahead of games like this. It's not some kind of crisis position for us, and, ultimately, this is a game we should be winning.

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

Agreed. I think people always look for "narrative" ahead of games like this. It's not some kind of crisis position for us, and, ultimately, this is a game we should be winning.

Se should, we are 21 points ahead of them for a reason. However, I understand Hibs have decent attacking options as well and that Montgomery seems to have clicked he can't just play 4-4-2 so we'll need to be at it. Wouldn't be a major shock if we dropped anything, but if we play well I think we should have enough to take advantage of that Hibs backline.

1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

Se should, we are 21 points ahead of them for a reason. However, I understand Hibs have decent attacking options as well and that Montgomery seems to have clicked he can't just play 4-4-2 so we'll need to be at it. Wouldn't be a major shock if we dropped anything, but if we play well I think we should have enough to take advantage of that Hibs backline.

Aye. Remove the derby fuss from it and in terms of quality this is basically a home game against Dundee. We should win, but there's a danger we don't.

We've been getting by on very fine margins, and quite a lot of Hearts supporters I've spoken to lately have agreed that us going on a bad run wouldn't be a major shock. But neither would us just getting back on track with a series of narrow-ish wins.

13 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I think it's largely due to the fact that Obita has comfortably been our POTY this season and if Maolida plays like he did on Saturday then he's a huge problem for any right back in the league. Granted I haven't seen an awful lot of Lembikisa but Atkinson is always someone I look to as a week link for Hearts, I don't think he's very good. Clearly the chopping and changing in that position points to Naismith not being 100% confident in his options there either.

Hearts obviously massive favourites, in large part due to Shankland being a complete goalscoring freak & our glaring deficiencies at the back but I'm pretty confident Hibs will score. It's a completely different Hibs team from 6 weeks ago. Boyle, Maolida, Moriah Welsh, Rocky, Miller & Marcondes all started for us on Saturday - none of which were available to us then.

Edited by conboyhibs

6 minutes ago, conboyhibs said:

I think it's largely due to the fact that Obita has comfortably been our POTY this season and if Maolida plays like he did on Saturday then he's a huge problem for any right back in the league. Granted I haven't seen an awful lot of Lembikisa but Atkinson is always someone I look to as a week link for Hearts, I don't think he's very good. Clearly the chopping and changing in that position points to Naismith not being 100% confident in his options there either.

Hearts obviously massive favourites, in large part due to Shankland being a complete goalscoring freak & our glaring deficiencies at the back but I'm pretty confident Hibs will score. It's a completely different Hibs team from 6 weeks ago. Boyle, Maolida, Moriah Welsh, Rocky, Miller & Marcondes all started for us on Saturday - none of which were available to us then.

There's not really been chopping and changing outside when it's necessary. Atkinson had a knock earlier in the season and then was at the Asian cup.

Boyle, Miller and Bushiri all played against us in the last derby. You've added a few players that look to have improved you, but it's not some all new team we don't know about.

9 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

There's not really been chopping and changing outside when it's necessary. Atkinson had a knock earlier in the season and then was at the Asian cup.

Boyle, Miller and Bushiri all played against us in the last derby. You've added a few players that look to have improved you, but it's not some all new team we don't know about.

Fully aware of that, hence why I said it's a different Hibs team that we were able to field 6 weeks ago. 

The Hibs team that played in the last derby probably edged the game and has now been much improved from middle to front since then which is why I don't believe it's quite as cut and dry as Hearts sweeping Hibs aside. 

Edited by conboyhibs

Goodness knows what to expect. Hopefully that hammering hasn't affected confidence too much. 

I expect a close game, I just hope the Hearts fans stay patient if things don't go our way early doors.