The Motherwell Football and Athletic Club Limited vs Celtic - 25th feb

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Taking the ball into the corner is Celtic officially admitting that they are now pretty shite, comparatively speaking.

Might want to give Pep a nudge mate as I’ve watched them do this against many a team, De Bruyne especially loves a wander to the corner flag to run down the clock so it’s not indicative of anything other than good game management and seen regularly by teams of all abilities 

Edited by Jinky67

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Might want to give Pep a nudge mate as I’ve watched them do this against many a team, De Bruyne especially loves a wander to the corner flag to run down the clock so it’s not indicative of anything other than good game management and seen regularly by teams of all abilities 

The Celtic of the last couple of seasons didn’t feel the need to do this. Good try though.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

The Celtic of the last couple of seasons didn’t feel the need to do this. Good try though.

No we did pretty regularly especially with late corners you would find O’Reily and Jota holding the ball at the corner flag and I’d like to think I watch Celtic more than you 😉

Edited by Jinky67

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

Every single time…..

You know if we could put a mark up on damaged seats caused by Celtic fans we would not need any outside investment. Ars*holes. 

1a59c94a-2756-40ab-bebe-18f06a44b7cc.jpeg

Quite the brass neck for Motherwell fans to be bemoaning stadium damage.

1 minute ago, buddie06smfc said:

Quite the brass neck for Motherwell fans to be bemoaning stadium damage.

Surprised it took a St Mirren fan over an hour to comment tbh.

We have idiots too. All clubs do. 

The truth is they damage our stadium every time they visit.  Hence my initial point. 

Now run along and beat Ross County midweek……crikey I am off for a shower after saying that 🤮.

36 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

No we did pretty regularly especially with late corners you would find O’Reily and Jota holding the ball at the corner flag and I’d like to think I watch Celtic more than you 😉

If that was Rangers in those circumstances I'd be expecting us to do the same thing and run the game down sensibly.

If you are a goal up in the closing minutes of a match, regardless of the opposition clubs at all levels of football will tend to hold on to possession and try and win corners/free kicks to run down the dying seconds of a match, doesn't matter about 'levels' or 'budgets' or gaps between the sides, if there is one goal between the teams you aren't going to go all out attack and risk the opponents turning over possession and possibly creating a chance, I've seen the likes of Real Madrid, Man City, Liverpool and other clubs do it on television, I've seen Celtic do it and have clubs do it when leading us, I've seen it happen at games I've attended watching Stirling Albion so, it's a bit of a petty barb as I'm sure your own side have done it countless times against sides you would expect to beat comfortably but are only one goal ahead going into stoppage time.

13 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

If you are a goal up in the closing minutes of a match, regardless of the opposition clubs at all levels of football will tend to hold on to possession and try and win corners/free kicks to run down the dying seconds of a match, doesn't matter about 'levels' or 'budgets' or gaps between the sides, if there is one goal between the teams you aren't going to go all out attack and risk the opponents turning over possession and possibly creating a chance, I've seen the likes of Real Madrid, Man City, Liverpool and other clubs do it on television, I've seen Celtic do it and have clubs do it when leading us, I've seen it happen at games I've attended watching Stirling Albion so, it's a bit of a petty barb as I'm sure your own side have done it countless times against sides you would expect to beat comfortably but are only one goal ahead going into stoppage time.

The Flybhoy doth protest too much, methinks.

27 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Strong “all these moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain” game here Mags.

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Strong “all these moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain” game here Mags.

I'm just going overboard on sentiment after an enjoyable weekend football wise, hospitality at my local team Stirling Albion yesterday with cracking food and drink to go with a 4-0 win, Celtic win in stoppage time albeit after a ropey performance especially in the first half then home to see Liverpool,  my favourite English team win the League cup with a 120th minute winner, also got a £300 coupon up yesterday so, now to finish the weekend in style with a Steak Pie supper 😎

10 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

hahah the defending of running the ball into the corner is fucking brilliant

Literally every team who are up by a single goal in stoppage time does this whatever the level or opposition so, when Bennett is calling out your point as shite its really time to move on.

I thought there was an agreement whereby the visiting club was held responsible for damage done by their fans.

3 hours ago, welldaft said:

Every single time…..

You know if we could put a mark up on damaged seats caused by Celtic fans we would not need any outside investment. Ars*holes. 

1a59c94a-2756-40ab-bebe-18f06a44b7cc.jpeg