The Newcastle 4

14 hours ago, Chripper said:

K.

...Back to topic.

Valuations are mostly determined on the status of the league that their club plays in:

Elliot Anderson (EPL) - £35m

John McGinn (SPL) - £2.7m

In the case of Anderson, Kellyman, Maatssen, Dobbin, Minteh, Iroegbunam and possibly Dewsbury Hall these transfers were done between teams in PSR troubles so they have inflated the values to look like a huge profit and to comply with the financial rules.

Yes the leagues are a massive part but these transfers done before the end of June were to help each other out and are not a 'true' value of these players.

14 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

Once again your analysis is bulletproof.

Matt O'Riley might go for over 30m this summer so I think it depends more on the size of club you are more than the league itself although the league does factor in. 

I don't think he will go above 30m. Have people not been watching the EPL transfers the last year? They have totally reigned it in. He will go for between 20-25m and probably closer to 20m with add ons. 

The Anderson transfer was for PSR purposes not a reflection of what EPL clubs are willing to pay.

1 hour ago, ahemps said:

I don't think he will go above 30m. Have people not been watching the EPL transfers the last year? They have totally reigned it in. He will go for between 20-25m and probably closer to 20m with add ons. 

The Anderson transfer was for PSR purposes not a reflection of what EPL clubs are willing to pay.

Most likely it won't be but in the bbc gossip column the other day, it was speculating it could be around £35m. It may not be a premier league team  either, someone like an Athletico Madrid might go in for him.

I can see it being around the 20-25m range though, a club would be crazy IMO to pay any more than that.