The race for Europe Kilmarnock v St Mirren 16/03/2024

2 hours ago, Lex said:

Keep playing like this and we will win this game comfortably. 

Narrator: They did not keep playing like this. 

One of my favourite and underrated things about today was St Mirren stealing our traditional first half end from us at the coin toss. Meant the St Mirren fans got a cracking view of the 5 goals and the "get it up ye" celebrations. Lovely. 

What a game of football, I'm still scratching my head in disbelief as to what I just witnessed. 

1st half St Mirren were far the better hungrier team, spurred on by an excellent away support.

Whatever Mcinnes said to his players at half time it sure worked because to a man their effort and work rate improved Immensely. 

Killie 2nd half just blew St Mirren away.

Icing on the cake was Watsons superb solo 

If Carlsberg did comebacks That was what us jubilant killie fans just witnessed. 

What a 2nd half, what a result. 

I'm still absolutely buzzing!!

21 minutes ago, Ocular Patdown Required said:

Not sure what was worse - St Mirrens tifo barcode display or their second half performance 

That "tifo" was one of the most tinpot things I've ever seen, red and black/brown bin bags and rolls of kitchen roll, somebody's maw is going to be raging when she checks her kitchen cupboard.

1 hour ago, deadasdillinger said:

He moved Watson to right back

I felt like he was playing RB (or following Kiltie at least) for most of the game. He was in the RB position when we conceded corners for both goals.

It was another one of McInnes’ fluid formations - Joe Wright defo wasn’t RB and Watson stayed behind Armstrong all game.

Edited by Sortmeout

51 minutes ago, NFL12 said:

Where’s Hendo these days. T’internet doon maybe?
Hendo, come out, come out wherever you are.

I'm touched you still remember me. It must have been 18 months ago when i made some critical comments about Killie. For me, it was just a bit of banter, but for you, it must have meant so much more.

2 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I'm touched you still remember me. It must have been 18 months ago when i made some critical comments about Killie. For me, it was just a bit of banter, but for you, it must have meant so much more.

Ah yer back.. were you there today. Painful was it?

Edited by NFL12

33 minutes ago, stevieKTID said:

That "tifo" was one of the most tinpot things I've ever seen, red and black/brown bin bags and rolls of kitchen roll, somebody's maw is going to be raging when she checks her kitchen cupboard.

Maybees aye, maybees naw. I’ll tell you this much - ask your Killie treasurer how tinpot our support was today, and ‘tinpot tifo’ aside, would he rather Ross County or Livingston had racked up today.

2 hours ago, David Merdy's Boots said:

I'd like to think that my depressed post on here at half-time, coupled with my 45 minutes of screaming abuse at my computer screen at various players for being useless fucking c***s, inspired that turnaround in the second half. A possible alternative explanation is that I'm an excitable fanny that should give our players and manager a little more leeway, considering how well the season had gone thus far until last week.

I was there when we went 6-0 up against Meadowbank after about 35 minutes sometime in the 90s, but Meadowbank were known to be utter pish then and we had players like Tommy Burns. Can't think of another game where we've scored so many goals in such a short space of time. That arse collapsing by St. Mirren was spectacularly inexplicable.

It was an epic meltdown deserving of praise.

2 minutes ago, NFL12 said:

Ah yer back.. were you there today. Painful was it?

These things happen, it was a high two weeks ago and a low today. Hopefully we both make it to Europe, i think both sides probably deserve it over the season.