Semi Final: Rangers vs Hearts

Hopefully Rangers 2-2 Benfica and extra time and they win on penalties and get propper steaming and we get a non-Hibee east coast referee. If the SFA have any on their books. All our injured players have miracle cures and that dead octopus that used to predict winners, comes back to life and predicts a Hearts win. 

I'm not holding my breath though.

51 minutes ago, Orbix said:

If the games on the Sunday, is it then Wednesday the talk about Shankland signing a pre contract to unsettle him and the squad will start?

Don't think they can offer pre-contracts 15 months in advance tbf.

26 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Do you think this stops the daily record etc? 

True. Genuinely do expect all the links despite there being nothing in it.

Edited by Tony Wonder

13 hours ago, Neiljb said:

we get a non-Hibee east coast referee. If the SFA have any on their books.

Pretty certain they don't - I'm not sure they have an East Coast ref of any description.

We did the “hope Rangers go to penalties in Europe shortly before this big cup game at Hampden” thing a couple of years ago, and it was fucking dire in the end. Don’t have the energy to get my hopes up in that context again.

Routine Berrz win.

13 hours ago, Neiljb said:

Hopefully Rangers 2-2 Benfica and extra time and they win on penalties and get propper steaming and we get a non-Hibee east coast referee. If the SFA have any on their books. All our injured players have miracle cures and that dead octopus that used to predict winners, comes back to life and predicts a Hearts win. 

I'm not holding my breath though.

Even if we do that, get proper steaming and stuff, i dont think it will affect us that much for a game in late april given we have benfica this Thursday 

1 hour ago, SEETHING said:

We did the “hope Rangers go to penalties in Europe shortly before this big cup game at Hampden” thing a couple of years ago, and it was fucking dire in the end. Don’t have the energy to get my hopes up in that context again.

Routine Berrz win.

True, but we picked a number of guys who'd barely played in months and looked more tired than them.  Souttar was brilliant but lots of them looked well short cause we had nowt else available.

They'll probably pump us, but we'll get it right against them one day

34 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

True, but we picked a number of guys who'd barely played in months and looked more tired than them.  Souttar was brilliant but lots of them looked well short cause we had nowt else available.

They'll probably pump us, but we'll get it right against them one day

We also never had much depth at all to our squad. We brought Halliday and McEneff off the bench. Our squad now, on the maybe naive assumption we can get a few players back, is much better.

8 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Here's hoping (not a f*ck*ng chance) that Hearts get a 50/50 split and annoy the shit out of the sectarian singing hordes.

Both semi finals should be a 50/50 split,  not seeing an issue. 

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

Both semi finals should be a 50/50 split,  not seeing an issue. 

There is zero chance that we will take anything close to 25,000 for a semi final against Celtic. Probably 10,000ish.

For the Hearts/Rangers match, the issue will be the entitled club known as Rangers.

Edited by kingjoey

11 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

There is zero chance that we will take anything close to 25,000 for a semi final against Celtic. Probably 10,000ish.

For the Hearts/Rangers match, the issue will be the entitled club known as Rangers.

Fair enough about Aberdeen then but Hearts shouldn't have an issue selling 50%.

18 minutes ago, bennett said:

Fair enough about Aberdeen then but Hearts shouldn't have an issue selling 50%.

Probably not, bur there's no chance that the entitled club known as Rangers will agree to a 50/50 split. "Whit aboot oor 47,000 season ticket holders?"

4 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

It'll be like the LC semi. Rangers fans will get all the good seats and we'll probably take about 17,000 thanks to some bollocks about security

The way they sold that was a disgrace. Best seats held back which led to people not buying the shite ones and therefore not forcing them to open the ones on the curve of the north.

This is the SC, it should be 50/50 with no issues. If they have to release it in tranches, leave Rangers with the comedically expensive ones and the ones with shite views