Semi Final: Aberdeen vs Celtic

16 minutes ago, AJF said:

Nobody would be crying it's a scandal if Queens Park and Partick Thistle were playing in place of Celtic and Rangers this weekend.

I don't believe either of those sides have their own end at Hampden, or that their teams essentially have their home changing area there. Of course that's relevant.

It's technically neutral, but the way the OF are treated at Hampden stretches that definition to its very limits.

There's absolutely no justification for it. I heard some Police rep on the radio once talking about how it was necessary so that the fans could enter the stadium safely. You see, asking Rangers and Celtic fans to negotiate different ends of the same stadium on different visits is utterly impossible, but asking Hearts fans to do the same if we win our semi and play Celtic in the final (or probably even Aberdeen) is absolutely fine.

It's ridiculous.

Edited by VincentGuerin

11 minutes ago, AJF said:

But my point being, Hampden is still a neutral venue. That doesn't change just because Celtic and Rangers happen to be in the same city. A team's proximity to a stadium doesn't make it any less neutral for them nor does who is refereeing it nor does what section the fans sit in.

Nobody would be crying it's a scandal if Queens Park and Partick Thistle were playing in place of Celtic and Rangers this weekend.

It’s ok, no one expects you to get it. 

Edited by Dons_1988

It would be hilariously funny if Aberdeen win this but they will probably get scudded 9-0 again, the useless Cormack shagging bellends they are.

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s ok, no one expects you to get it. 

I get that other fanbases are inconvenienced by it being in Glasgow, but being there does not make it any less neutral just because Rangers and Celtic are also based in Glasgow. That was the original claim I was responding to.

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

It would be hilariously funny if Aberdeen win this but they will probably get scudded 9-0 again, the useless Cormack shagging bellends they are.

Aberdeen are going into this lower than a snake's belly. Not so much out of form as just plain shite, fans can't be arsed, nobody thinks they've got a prayer.

Rangers are struggling, Hearts are having a good season, we're taking a big support, people are enthusiastic.

So, the only possible outcome is Aberdeen beating Celtic 1-0 while we lose by 4 or 5 to the sticky buns.

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

I get that other fanbases are inconvenienced by it being in Glasgow, but being there does not make it any less neutral just because Rangers and Celtic are also based in Glasgow. That was the original claim I was responding to.

Ok, so neutrality isn’t solely defined by geography. Any other pearls of wisdom? 

2 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Aberdeen are going into this lower than a snake's belly. Not so much out of form as just plain shite, fans can't be arsed, nobody thinks they've got a prayer.

Rangers are struggling, Hearts are having a good season, we're taking a big support, people are enthusiastic.

So, the only possible outcome is Aberdeen beating Celtic 1-0 while we lose by 4 or 5 to the sticky buns.

This is a rare post by you that I can agree with.

There is a very good chance we will win simply because for the first time in years, I'll be missing an Aberdeen match at Hampden. I don't even have an excuse. I'm just a part time supporter.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Ok, so neutrality isn’t solely defined by geography. Any other pearls of wisdom? 

On 18/04/2024 at 15:07, kennie makevin said:

The real scandal is why it's played in Glasgow at all. A totally full Tannadice would be both fairer geographically and more atmospheric than a three quarter full Hampden.....and making Hampden exclusively the venue for the final only adds to the day.

This is what I was responding to, which only made reference to geography as regarding it not being neutral. I was simply responding to the point that was actually made with my opinion, which is just because the national stadium is in Glasgow does not mean it isn’t neutral. Hence my example of Queens Park and Partick.

22 minutes ago, AJF said:

Come on, you for one are a lot better than this.

11 minutes ago, AJF said:

This is what I was responding to, which only made reference to geography as regarding it not being neutral. I was simply responding to the point that was actually made with my opinion, which is just because the national stadium is in Glasgow does not mean it isn’t neutral. Hence my example of Queens Park and Partick.

As someone else said, at Hampden Celtic and Rangers have their own dressing rooms. Just think about that and your claim on neutrality. Their own dressing rooms.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

As someone else said, at Hampden Celtic and Rangers have their own dressing rooms. Just think about that and your claim on neutrality. Their own dressing rooms.

He doesn’t want to talk about that. He’s been permitted to talk about geography only. 

On 18/04/2024 at 15:07, kennie makevin said:

It's not a league game it's a supposedly 'neutral' national cup final. The real scandal is why it's played in Glasgow at all. A totally full Tannadice would be both fairer geographically and more atmospheric than a three quarter full Hampden.....and making Hampden exclusively the venue for the final only adds to the day.

Was it not neutral when Aberdeen played Hibs in a semi final at Hampden this season?

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

He doesn’t want to talk about that. He’s been permitted to talk about geography only. 

Christ, I was just responding to what was actually said, mate.

8 minutes ago, AJF said:

Christ, I was just responding to what was actually said, mate.

:lol: I know, you’ve said about 70 times, and no one has disputed the one and only point you keep repeating. 

10 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

English football would be well served by playing their cup semi-finals away from Wembley and London. Might bring back the 'magic' of the FA Cup Final.They have the facilities to do it. But back to Scotland . We, unlike England, are cursed with the cancerous presence of two vile secterian clubs. I have no interest in facilitating the slavering bigots who support the Old Firm to spread their bile at football matches. You clearly do. There we differ. I also want genuine neutrality for Cup semi-finals rather than always Glesga, Glesga, Glesga. You don't. You, as an Old Firm fan do not, in a football sense, understand the meaning of neutrality. You probably don't even think it's a good or desirable thing. 

Your suggestion is stupid though. Why not suggest a bigger stadium to back up your point if it’s all about neutrality?

Edited by stressball

3 hours ago, Aylo vanal said:

What end will celtic be in tomorrow?

What part of the country is the referee and governing body from?

How many refs are from outside Glasgow and Renfrewshire?

What city are celtic from?

They have the advantages before a ball is kicked, Having more fans there is another one but that's not their fault 

You sound like Trump here, desperately trying to back up your view with nonsense.

In what possible way are any of the first four going to give an advantage to Celtic? What end their fans are in??? Where the SFA is based??? Be serious.

If crowd numbers give an advantage, it's down to the opposition fans not supporting their team allowing that to happen. They had their chance to balance that up and failed to rise to the occasion. Hopefully their team put up a better show.

5 minutes ago, stressball said:

Your suggest is stupid though. Why not suggest a bigger stadium to back up your point if it’s all about neutrality?

Not that I support his suggestion, but how does a bigger stadium help neutrality? 

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Not that I support his suggestion, but how does a bigger stadium help neutrality? 

Means there’s more fans from both sides in, which is the crux of the argument.

Celtic are selling more tickets because it’s in Glasgow, so it makes it a non-neutral venue.

I’d be perfectly happy to play Hibs at Tynecastle with a 50/50 split and vice versa.

Edit: I think Kennie just wants as few Celtic and Rangers fans to get to the game as possible.

Edited by stressball