Semi Final: Aberdeen vs Celtic

This is up there with Queen of the South and the Rogic final. Absolutely heartbroken after that. Still in Glasgow. 3 and a half hours to get home. 13hr round trip for f**k all. Its the hope that kills you. 

Kudos to the celtic fans that left straight after the shootout and were taunting aberdeen fans as we headed back to our buses. Classy as always. 

Just now, 10menwent2mow said:

This is up there with Queen of the South and the Rogic final. Absolutely heartbroken after that. Still in Glasgow. 3 and a half hours to get home. 13hr round trip for f**k all. Its the hope that kills you. 

Kudos to the celtic fans that left straight after the shootout and were taunting aberdeen fans as we headed back to our buses. Classy as always. 

Careful now, you'll be accused of goading them first.

1 minute ago, 10menwent2mow said:

I dislike celtic as much as anyone but that's fitba, if Aberdeen had won then you guys would have been taunting them. 

3 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

The 12:30 kick off is a piss take considering the travel for the away fans.

Just now, Comrie said:

Careful now, you'll be accused of goading them first.

To be fair. Judging by the number of Irish tricolours they had, I guess they had to rush back to Glasgow or Prestwick for flights home. Funny, when I was walking back to my bus I didn't hear many South Ireland accents. Maybe I am getting a little confused. Surely you'd expect if the majority of the support turn up with South Ireland flags, that's where they came from. 

5 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Don't think it comes close to QotS tbh. That was a performance of pure shitebaggery.

1 minute ago, bennett said:

I dislike celtic as much as anyone but that's fitba, if Aberdeen had won then you guys would have been taunting them. 

I'd have still been in the stadium cheering my team off the park. As it was I didn't want to hang about to see the Celtic fans that were left celebrating. Just found it bizarre that some left as soon as the last pen was saved. 

I'd have still been in the stadium cheering my team off the park. As it was I didn't want to hang about to see the Celtic fans that were left celebrating. Just found it bizarre that some left as soon as the last pen was saved. 

Some folk just have travel plans, man. And yes, there were Irish fans that travelled over today.

50 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

Shite state of affairs when the diets winning the cup is the best outcome. 

“Diets” and “Yams” is some of the worst Edinburgh patter available. Agree though, please win Hearts. 

Just now, LuboMoravcik said:

Some folk just have travel plans, man. And yes, there were Irish fans that travelled over today.

Great. I welcome all those who come from RoI. It just seems a wee bit disproportionate to the number of Ireland flags in the support. 

33 minutes ago, STFU_Donny said:

Your first point is correct but the ref doesn’t blow the whistle until the potential penalty - that’s why there’s so much confusion.

Michael Stewart is an absolute balloon.  

Great. I welcome all those who come from RoI. It just seems a wee bit disproportionate to the number of Ireland flags in the support. 

I'm sure I don't need to explain the history of the Irish diaspora in Scotland to you, or why the name Celtic was even chosen, so I'll leave it there. Safe journey, your team played well.

Just now, LuboMoravcik said:

I'm sure I don't need to explain the history of the Irish diaspora in Scotland to you, or why the name Celtic was even chosen, so I'll leave it there. Safe journey, your team played well.

I'm aware of all that. Irish diaspora?? In the words of Roy Keane, Do me a favour. A bus overtook us on the way down today, kings coaches from Aberdeen, aye, that Irish diaspora moving into the noth East of Scotland. Awa n shite. 

45 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

He doesn't point at the spot. He has already blown for a foul, pointed at where the foul was committed and also then pointed up field to show it was against the Dons. This was going on before the CCV stuff. 

Go and watch the multiple camera angles. VAR had no need to look at it. 

Yep, spot on. The foul was on Johnston. No Penalty. 

VAR Explainer | Video Assistant ...

11 minutes ago, bennett said:

No, we would have been celebrating in the stadium, while they slithered away.

3 minutes ago, kent_don said:

Why did he let play continue and not blow for it straight away?

For the same reason that assistants flag late.

Play is allowed to develop so that if the ball ends up in the net or an attacker is fouled in the box, the goal/penalty can subsequently be awarded if a VAR review determines that the original free kick should not have been given. 

Edited by The Master

1 minute ago, The Master said:

For the same reason that assistants flag late.

Play is allowed to develop so that if the ball ends up in the net or an attacker is fouled in the box, the goal/penalty can subsequently be awarded if VAR determines that the original free kick should not have been given. 

took the words out of my mouth. first class officiating.

Edited by 2426255

4 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

I'm aware of all that. Irish diaspora?? In the words of Roy Keane, Do me a favour. A bus overtook us on the way down today, kings coaches from Aberdeen, aye, that Irish diaspora moving into the noth East of Scotland. Awa n shite. 

If you're aware of all that then you are aware that a lot of people in Scotland come from the Irish disapora, regardless of a fan bus heading down from Aberdeen.