Semi Final: Aberdeen vs Celtic

Well I commented to my dad during the Man City/Madrid penalties that its one of the few things I've not experienced in person.

So today is hopefully the first and last time because it's not a fun experience 😂

Really don't think we played well today and thought it was destined to be one of those days considering we threw our advantage away 3 times.

But we got there in the end

7 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

No, we would have been celebrating in the stadium, while they slithered away.

Your fans would have taunted our fans, whether inside or outside the stadium. Stop pretending otherwise. 😂

Just now, DavieCFC said:

Well I commented to my dad during the Man City/Madrid penalties that its one of the few things I've not experienced in person.

So today is hopefully the first and last time because it's not a fun experience 😂

Really don't think we played well today and thought it was destined to be one of those days considering we threw our advantage away 3 times.

We had a much better second half, far more controlled. Despite the very late equaliser I was confident we would see it out, minus some nerves for the shootout.

3 minutes ago, LuboMoravcik said:

Your fans would have taunted our fans, whether inside or outside the stadium. Stop pretending otherwise. 😂

Not outside the stadium, as we would have been inside celebrating.

If you were still hanging around when we left - unlikely, as you don't hang around to see your team lift the cup for the umpteenth time, never mind celebrate semi-final wins - you would have got taunted then.

5 minutes ago, LuboMoravcik said:

If you're aware of all that then you are aware that a lot of people in Scotland come from the Irish disapora, regardless of a fan bus heading down from Aberdeen.

Funnily enough, I didn't hear a single Irish accent among the taunting or from the celtic fans that weren't being c***s after the game. Do you have to support celtic if you live in Scotland and are from the Irish diaspora, or could you maybe support your local team rather than have some half arsed connection to a country you've never been in. 

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

Ah, the incoming Rangers/Celtic fans to explain using doublethink as to why a diddies team's reasons for feeling cheated are wrong and why we all have the same 24 hours in a day.

God, I hate it.

They shouldn't be allowed on this forum at all. Bigoted fuckwits.

1 minute ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Funnily enough, I didn't hear a single Irish accent among the taunting or from the celtic fans that weren't being c***s after the game. Do you have to support celtic if you live in Scotland and are from the Irish diaspora, or could you maybe support your local team rather than have some half arsed connection to a country you've never been in. 

You're just sounding like a bitter anti-Irish bigot now. You didn't hear every Celtic fan's accent today so that's an irrelevant point. No, you don't have to support Celtic but plenty of them do, which is their choice. How are you able to tell what countries people have and haven't visited? Since when are family ties a 'half arsed connection'? 😂

Do better.

1 hour ago, Jives Miguel said:

I know people are desperate for Celtic to lose, but you can't just stick your leg in front of someone in the action of kicking the ball and claim it's a foul. Hoilett is one initiating the contact, if anyone is making a foul there its him. 

1 hour ago, LuboMoravcik said:

Aberdeen player makes no attempt to play the ball, CCV does. Aberdeen player hasn't touched the ball. He only gets hurt because he moves into CCV's space. If you think that's a penalty you're an absolute moron.

1 hour ago, stressball said:

Because there’s a foul on Celtic before it even happens.

And Hoilett impedes CCV who is in the action of playing the ball. If Hoilett actually touches the ball before CCV makes contact it is then a penalty.

Celtic got a pretty similar penalty awarded for them against Hearts when Kyogo threw his leg across the front of the defender without trying to play the ball and initiated contact. So there is precedent there for that type of challenge being a penalty.

I’d even go as far as saying the one today is more of a penalty as Hoilett actually plays the ball by the looks of it

You can see it at around the 1:20 mark in the video below

38 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

This is up there with Queen of the South and the Rogic final. Absolutely heartbroken after that. Still in Glasgow. 3 and a half hours to get home. 13hr round trip for f**k all. Its the hope that kills you. 

Kudos to the celtic fans that left straight after the shootout and were taunting aberdeen fans as we headed back to our buses. Classy as always. 

Definitely feel your pain. The 3-3 in the covid cup final still upsets me 4-ish years on.

On your second point though, sounds like pretty standard fan behaviour, grow up. If the shoe was on the other foot, you'd be doing likewise. If they're throwing stuff as they are want to do sometimes, then fair enough that's out of order, but rubbing it in (particularly after a tense match) is, well, normal 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Celtic got a pretty similar penalty awarded for them against Hearts when Kyogo threw his leg across the front of the defender without trying to play the ball and initiated contact. So there is precedent there for that type of challenge being a penalty.

I’d even go as far as saying the one today is more of a penalty as Hoilett actually plays the ball by the looks of it

You can see it at around the 1:20 mark in the video below

Thanks for reminding me of that O'Riley volley.

I don't think that was a penalty in the video above either, having just watched it. I also don't think the Aberdeen claim today was a penalty either, but the foul in the build up makes it irrelevant.

4 minutes ago, LuboMoravcik said:

You're just sounding like a bitter anti-Irish bigot now. You didn't hear every Celtic fan's accent today so that's an irrelevant point. No, you don't have to support Celtic but plenty of them do, which is their choice. How are you able to tell what countries people have and haven't visited? Since when are family ties a 'half arsed connection'? 😂

Do better.

Anti Irish bigot. Fucking hell,that's new.

22 minutes ago, DavieCFC said:

You only had advantage twice. We chucked it once.

6 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

Definitely feel your pain. The 3-3 in the covid cup final still upsets me 4-ish years on.

On your second point though, sounds like pretty standard fan behaviour, grow up. If the shoe was on the other foot, you'd be doing likewise. If they're throwing stuff as they are want to do sometimes, then fair enough that's out of order, but rubbing it in (particularly after a tense match) is, well, normal 🤷‍♂️

As was pointed out. We'd still have been in the ground. 

45 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

I'd have still been in the stadium cheering my team off the park. As it was I didn't want to hang about to see the Celtic fans that were left celebrating. Just found it bizarre that some left as soon as the last pen was saved. 

If Hearts beat Rangers tomorrow then the jambos will be taunting our fans and vice versa,  I get that your upset after losing such a tight game as we've all been there.