It's do or die for the bully wee, it's going to be a very tough battle on that grass park. Hoping Mccall picks the right team for a change. I think this is a game made for Martin Rennie so hopefully he can be effective this game. Bonnyrigg are not in the greatest of form but it would be very typical for them to pump us.

Hoping for a good away backing.

We need players up for a scrap. Unfortunately we only have about 7, and five of them are centre halves.

I think we really need to consider how we got more height in the team. Whether that's putting Howie into midfield or fullback, or going three at the back. We simply can't afford to give up cheap chances at set pieces.

The battle of Bonnyrigg…

I have a feeling this won’t be one for the purist. Do we have enough men brave enough to stand up to the diabetes threatened, hammer throwing horde? All signs point to unlikely… 

It's going to be *so* bad that I would probably even go with a Howie-Hamilton-Sula-Dunachie defence, if the latter became available. Set pieces are going to be absolutely massive and our recent record with them at both ends - but especially our own - leaves a lot to be desired, while Kinnear isn't the man you want for an aerial onslaught. Hopefully McCall packs the midfield, as Bonnyrigg are piss weak there.

Good to see my fellow fans are continuing their bipolar routine. They'll no doubt be sucking up the arses of each player should we get a result Saturday, which is entirely possible given the complete and utter gang that Bonnyrigg Rose present as. I'd fancy us to win as we definitely have more quality, but the Scottish national redneck rugby unit will be all about making it an eyesore in their shit pit as usual. If there's ever been a club that have brought less to the league system I'd be extremely surprised to see it, and I won't be disappointed to see the back of them when they go down in May.

1 hour ago, Wee man the jackass said:

Good to see my fellow fans are continuing their bipolar routine. They'll no doubt be sucking up the arses of each player should we get a result Saturday, which is entirely possible given the complete and utter gang that Bonnyrigg Rose present as. I'd fancy us to win as we definitely have more quality, but the Scottish national redneck rugby unit will be all about making it an eyesore in their shit pit as usual. If there's ever been a club that have brought less to the league system I'd be extremely surprised to see it, and I won't be disappointed to see the back of them when they go down in May.

What should people’s moods be like when it comes to Clyde at the moment? 

2 hours ago, Wee man the jackass said:

Rather than acting surprised when we shit the bed most of us have reached the point of expecting it (and will be pleasantly surprised if we get a result). It’s all very well having ‘more quality’ but not much use if you have a bunch of pea-hearted shite bags in the team. Time for the players to roll their sleeves up and show us they are up for the fight. Respect is earned.

As for your last comments, I don’t think we are in a position to look down our noses at anyone. Bonnyrigg earned their place here the hard way, through good management putting them on an upwards trajectory. Quite the opposite of us.

3 hours ago, Wee man the jackass said:

Least they have a ground was my first thought and if ever there was a comment to pin to the dressing room wall to motivate a team that’s it!

3 hours ago, SLClyde said:

2 days of rain before the game, just as well the Bonnyrigg pitch is like a bowling green…

Yep, been raining pretty much nonstop in Edinburgh since breakfast time, and more tomorrow.

A postponement would not be unexpected I would say. Would that be good/bad/indifferent for Clyde?

22 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Yep, been raining pretty much nonstop in Edinburgh since breakfast time, and more tomorrow.

A postponement would not be unexpected I would say. Would that be good/bad/indifferent for Clyde?

We’ll see you next season

44 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Don’t think it’ll matter as it’s not like pre or mid January and deals are being done. 

But playing on that pitch is bad enough without constant rain for days before it. 

On 13/03/2024 at 20:13, 1993 said:

Least they have a ground was my first thought and if ever there was a comment to pin to the dressing room wall to motivate a team that’s it!

The walls would crumble quicker than our supporters do when we dare not win a game of football if they even tried it. A team of fat hammerthrowing jobbers who will be far more interested in their full-time kebab pie than anything said on here. Average BMI on par with their alleged average attendances.

On 13/03/2024 at 19:20, Clyde01 said:

Rather than acting surprised when we shit the bed most of us have reached the point of expecting it (and will be pleasantly surprised if we get a result). It’s all very well having ‘more quality’ but not much use if you have a bunch of pea-hearted shite bags in the team. Time for the players to roll their sleeves up and show us they are up for the fight. Respect is earned.

As for your last comments, I don’t think we are in a position to look down our noses at anyone. Bonnyrigg earned their place here the hard way, through good management putting them on an upwards trajectory. Quite the opposite of us.

This is as close to a sensible post as I've seen from one of our own in a while - the only issue with this is that it's completely untrue. If people expected it, they wouldn't throw the toys out the pram, have complete and utter meltdowns and declare things as completely over after every single draw or loss. Equally, if it was a 'pleasant surprise' they wouldn't be celebrating wins like we'd won the world cup and going on delusional rants about how we're on the right track a week after claiming things were over. I cringe every single time I think about the contrast in some between the Stenhousemuir result and Forfar or Stranraer. Just completely fickle and baby-like support.

Respect is indeed earned and if I were a player I'd not be fighting for the shirt knowing my fans are calling us worse than shite every time we dare not achieve perfection. We're a horrendous bunch sometimes, constantly in bother with opposition fans because of immature wee arseholes who can't accept anything back and constantly on the back of our own. Maybe if the same energy was spent getting behind them or even just trying to be objective about things, we'd be in a better place.

As for the comments on Bonnyrigg, f**k them. They'll be doing everything they can to get Saturday called off.

8 hours ago, Wee man the jackass said:

I cringe every single time I think about the contrast in some between the Stenhousemuir result and Forfar or Stranraer.

To be fair they were pretty contrasting results, surely you can see the frustration in being able to play the runaway leaders off the park one week then shitting the bed against 9th on multiple occasions other weeks.

It shows that we have some decent fair weather footballers who can play a bit when the pressure is off but have zero mentality to put in a shift when it’s needed most. Not all of the lads but a good number sadly.