31 minutes ago, gordon9736 said:

Two weeks ago, Clyde fans were incensed when Forfar celebrated scoring a goal in front of their fans,, which is an ecstatic moment . Now they're backing their player who went out his way to challenge to try and start a fight with a supporter after the final whistle, which was, imo, premeditated. His team mates were pulling him away. 

Scullion caused the issue by trying to start the fight. All players get verbal abuse from the opposing fans, we've all shouted something at some time. 

Don't get me wrong, the BR fan deserves a lifetime ban from all football grounds for his behaviour as well as a visit from the police.

I would say the majority of Clyde fans including myself weren’t too bothered about the Forfar celebration because the game is the game, although I was at that game and there was no abuse given to the Forfar player at the time, so I understand how Clyde fans where frustrated over the player celebrating in front of us, when his own fans where very near us. I disagree when u say Scullion caused the issue because the Bonnnyrigg fan started everything. They were giving him abuse for no reason, it was them that caused spitgate.

3 minutes ago, C_titz said:

Funny how there’s never any trouble at away games with any other club in this division. Clyde always the victim

There are some absolute clowns in our support who act like idiots granted, but you can’t justify a Bonnyrigg fan spitting on a Clyde player and make it about Clyde fans causing trouble 

5 minutes ago, C_titz said:

Funny how there’s never any trouble at away games with any other club in this division. Clyde always the victim

I think Peterhead and Spartans might have something to say about that. 578E11F0-3974-436B-9B7A-3300B293F989.thumb.png.6025c30d543ab98d5774cb87f756c437.png125D181E-DFEE-4ED8-A24F-B2FA185C2A59.thumb.png.eea3f172b125e5826dc1daddbe625e1d.png

8 minutes ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

I would say the majority of Clyde fans including myself weren’t too bothered about the Forfar celebration because the game is the game, although I was at that game and there was no abuse given to the Forfar player at the time, so I understand how Clyde fans where frustrated over the player celebrating in front of us, when his own fans where very near us. I disagree when u say Scullion caused the issue because the Bonnnyrigg fan started everything. They were giving him abuse for no reason, it was them that caused spitgate.

Where you really?

9 minutes ago, C_titz said:

Your username accurately describes what happens every time I check back on this thread, yourself included!

25 minutes ago, Ocelot1877 said:

The fan that spat on him caused the issue. If he hadn’t of done that and took his medicine after giving it tight to scullion during the game nothing would have happened . 

Unless you are saying what Scullion done means he deserves to be spat on by a fan, in which case I ask you what level of abuse or what would have to be said by a player to a fan to warrant being spat on by an opposing fan?

We have all shouted stuff sure, but expecting players not to react to any abuse is how these problems exist. There are some football fans that expect to be able to shout abuse and never have any consequences, they then go back and feel like a hard nut and tell there pals about it all in the pub it’s embarrassing.

It’s something I have experienced working in retail years ago where folk would just give cheek, be rude and abusive and expect to get away with it because I’m at my work, it’s how these cretins exist and keep doing it. Clyde fans are also absolutely chronic for this behaviour at times also btw.

Spitting on someone is absolutely manky, degrading and potentially dangerous considering what diseases can be passed by doing it. This is why laws exist that classify this as assault. The fact I have to yet again explain all this on a football forum with adults is utterly embarrassing 

Also btw the behaviour you point out about Clyde fans in Forfar was rightfully called out on here as them being morons and sore losers, yet in this situation you have made it the players fault for some reason

Right, the fan spitting at him is a vile thing to do and there's no justification for it. That doesn’t justify Scullion also spitting back, because if spitting at someone is a horrible thing to do then it's not justified even if it's retaliatory and someone else has spat first.

You use the example of working in retail: if a retail worker gets spat at, they're still going to be in serious bother with their employer if their response is to spit back.

27 minutes ago, C_titz said:

You need to actually have some away fans to have any issues so it’s no surprise these are highlighted by the bigger clubs in the division 😉.

In all seriousness though you are talking shite as evidenced by the two statements from your own club above and the recent goings on of some Dumbarton fans too. 

1 hour ago, gordon9736 said:

Two weeks ago, Clyde fans were incensed when Forfar celebrated scoring a goal in front of their fans,, which is an ecstatic moment . Now they're backing their player who went out his way to challenge to try and start a fight with a supporter after the final whistle, which was, imo, premeditated. His team mates were pulling him away. 

Scullion caused the issue by trying to start the fight. All players get verbal abuse from the opposing fans, we've all shouted something at some time. 

Don't get me wrong, the BR fan deserves a lifetime ban from all football grounds for his behaviour as well as a visit from the police.

Some of our fans getting stupidly wound up at an opposition player celebrating a goal is just slightly different from a player being spat at by an opposing fan, though, isnt it?

Also, who is backing him? Literally all of us have said he shouldn't have went over to the Bonnyrigg fans in the first place and he was stupid to do so. Or do you mean backing him because we've said he doesn't deserved to be spat on? Which would be a strange take on it all.

And how can you tell it was premeditated from a 15 second video? Being an Elgin fan I'm going to assume you weren't there yesterday so I'd like to know how you've come to that conclusion.

20 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Right, the fan spitting at him is a vile thing to do and there's no justification for it. That doesn’t justify Scullion also spitting back, because if spitting at someone is a horrible thing to do then it's not justified even if it's retaliatory and someone else has spat first.

You use the example of working in retail: if a retail worker gets spat at, they're still going to be in serious bother with their employer if their response is to spit back.

Appreciate your point and I agree. I called out Scullion in my post previous to the post you quoted. He’s acted poorly and there’s no doubting that, however the difference between him and the fan is that you can almost understand his actions in the heat of the moment as an act of retaliation despite still being wrong. The same can’t be said of the Bonnyrigg fan, he’s acted like a cretin and escalated the situation. Which is why it’s weird people are trying to make this Scullions fault 

Edited by Ocelot1877

1 minute ago, Ocelot1877 said:

Appreciate your point and I agree. I called out Scullion in my previous post. He’s acted poorly and there’s no doubting that, however the difference between him and the fan is that you can almost understand his actions in the heat of the moment as an act of retaliation despite still being wrong. The same can’t be said of the Bonnyrigg fan, he’s acted like a cretin and escalated the situation. Which is why it’s weird people are trying to make this his fault.

I disagree - the escalation was from Scullion who screamed and seemed to be challenging the Bonnyrigg fans to a fight, he was less than a metre away from them. Why was he doing that? To be clear, no one is supporting the “fan”, no one deserves to be spat at or assaulted in any way …. it’s disgusting behaviour and I’d ban the “fan” from NDP. But the whole sorry situation doesn’t happen if Scullion simply runs to his fans to celebrate instead of taunting the home crowd. Scullion played a big part. Again, I stress, I’m not justifying anyone spitting at anyone else (that’s vile), but you can’t say Scullion’s is totally innocent in escalating things.

1 minute ago, Broonaldo said:

I disagree - the escalation was from Scullion who screamed and seemed to be challenging the Bonnyrigg fans to a fight, he was less than a metre away from them. Why was he doing that? To be clear, no one is supporting the “fan”, no one deserves to be spat at or assaulted in any way …. it’s disgusting behaviour and I’d ban the “fan” from NDP. But the whole sorry situation doesn’t happen if Scullion simply runs to his fans to celebrate instead of taunting the home crowd. Scullion played a big part. Again, I stress, I’m not justifying anyone spitting at anyone else (that’s vile), but you can’t say Scullion’s is totally innocent in escalating things.

Nobody has said Scullion is innocent in all this. Nobody.

I had hoped when I seen Ebbo sitting up in the naughty steps on Saturday away from everything that we might not have to go through a Clyde staff member getting into bother interacting with opposition fans. How wrong I was. 

Edited by same_ol_g35

2 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Nobody has said Scullion is innocent in all this. Nobody.

I think everybody is in agreement that the actions of the Bonnyrigg supporter and the Clyde player is totally unacceptable and disgusting. However, just one question, what would have happened if, instead of walking to the Bonnyrigg supporters and taunting them, the Clyde player had stayed with his team mates in the centre of the pitch and celebrated the win. Answer = NOTHING.

8 minutes ago, frustrated fan said:

I think everybody is in agreement that the actions of the Bonnyrigg supporter and the Clyde player is totally unacceptable and disgusting. However, just one question, what would have happened if, instead of walking to the Bonnyrigg supporters and taunting them, the Clyde player had stayed with his team mates in the centre of the pitch and celebrated the win. Answer = NOTHING.

Absolutely. I said something similar a few pages back.

Anyone know of this happening before? The only thing I can think of was Viduka spitting on an opposition player. Scullion is going to get a ban no doubt about that, just wonder how long of a ban he will receive. How long a ban did Viduka get?