Just now, Jives Miguel said:

Gaming chairs are horrendous and unnecessary. Get a good office chair.

I got this one for £400 a few years ago and its perfect IMO. Pricey but worth it.

https://www.autonomous.ai/en-GB/office-chairs/ergonomic-chair

Agreed. They don't last long either, whereas manufacturers of office chairs know their products are expected to stand up to years of abuse, and they've been more comfortable too, in my experience. Worth asking mates if their office is having a refit any time soon, as they often pay people to take away the old stuff and wouldn't care if someone else bagged a chair - I got asked to help clear out a shuttered branch of Burtons a few years back and the manager had a designer executive chair that originally sold for two grand  :mellow:

I seem to remember @Miguel Sanchez looking for a chair during COVID, so maybe he's got some suggestions.

17 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I ordered a gaming chair off Amazon and was genuinely delivered a wood lathe instead. Once it was returned, I just went to Ikea instead and purchased an office chair:

MILLBERGET swivel chair, Murum black - IKEA

It's nowhere near as cool as a gaming chair, but it's extremely comfortable.

That's what I've got. An extremely decent chair.

21 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I seem to remember @Miguel Sanchez looking for a chair during COVID, so maybe he's got some suggestions.

Thread here

I bought this

The seat is very shallow. Sitting completely upright there's about an inch between the edge of the seat and the back of my knees. The seat itself is also constructed a bit awkwardly. There are really tight elastic straps across the bottom, and after.. a time (I don't remember how long exactly but not that long) they cut into the foam, so sitting on the chair causes the straps to dig in and the seat gets flatter. I've got a bit of carpet wedged between them and it's okay, but it's a £200 chair it should have carpet shoved in it. 

The design is also very awkward to clean and gathers crumbs/dust/hair like a magnet.

Still, that's only one example. I'd agree with others saying "gaming" chairs seems like a bit of a con.

5 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Thread here

I bought this

The seat is very shallow. Sitting completely upright there's about an inch between the edge of the seat and the back of my knees. The seat itself is also constructed a bit awkwardly. There are really tight elastic straps across the bottom, and after.. a time (I don't remember how long exactly but not that long) they cut into the foam, so sitting on the chair causes the straps to dig in and the seat gets flatter. I've got a bit of carpet wedged between them and it's okay, but it's a £200 chair it should have carpet shoved in it. 

The design is also very awkward to clean and gathers crumbs/dust/hair like a magnet.

Still, that's only one example. I'd agree with others saying "gaming" chairs seems like a bit of a con.

I got something that looked very similar maybe five or six years ago - I forget the brand, but it cost about the same, and I can neither confirm nor deny that the purchase may have been inspired by the fetching black and gold colours. I remember having similar issues, and it started to become uncomfortable after less than a year. Bought a couple of other gaming-type chairs for my son before that, and they didn't last long - for one, he switched back to his old knackered office chair after a few months, which had become a nesting spot for the cats. They didn't like the new one either.

I could be miles off here and I'm only basing this off of what e-girls streamers I've seen in brief glimpses, but I'm pretty sure chair models are the same across companies, just with different colours/logos on them. I've definitely seen people using ~my~ chair but with a different logo on it and in different colours than what's available on GT Omega's website.

I think it was @Lofarl who bought something that cost two grand, we're better off asking him.

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I could be miles off here and I'm only basing this off of what e-girls streamers I've seen in brief glimpses, but I'm pretty sure chair models are the same across companies, just with different colours/logos on them. I've definitely seen people using ~my~ chair but with a different logo on it and in different colours than what's available on GT Omega's website.

I think it was @Lofarl who bought something that cost two grand, we're better off asking him.

I got a Herman Miller Aeron chair.  They do a sale sometimes.  Think I got it for about £900.  Had it over 2 years and you’d think I got it last week.  Still just as comfy and not a scuff or scratch on it.  I sometimes think it should have a headrest and it’s a bit of a dust magnet.  But I’d typically spend £200-300 every couple of years on a chair.  If you’re the same then I’d invest in a quality chair.

Doesn’t make me any better at gaming tho.

I've no idea what make it is, but I've just moved into a new office at work and I'm not sure I've ever had a chair of that kind as comfy as that one.  I'm sure it's one that's an absolutely ridiculous price though, so scared to look.  I'm currently using some Amazon jobber option that the stitching is mostly fucked on, and the other room has a shite Ikea one that we didn't spend enough on.  It's about as comfy as sitting on the floor.

Edited by forameus

Got & finally assembled it.

Solid build & comfy. Minor criticism is the leg rest. It's more like a calf rest for tall people.

£150 is decent from £300.