🔴🟡Thistle vs Morton🔵⚪️ 16th March 2024

4 hours ago, baba douche said:

Seriously now, come on. You lost on Saturday - a feeling you're used to against us - but you had some players out, and your still in a decent position to get a top four place.

Moaning about some advertising hoardings in embarrassing - I'm sure you've NEVER tried to get a LEGAL competitive advantage (smaller, narrower pitch perhaps)?

These snottery tears are pathetic.

I acknowledged we’d lost to the better team on the day - no problem, we were murder.

But if you think ‘moaning’, as you put it, about moving the hoardings is more embarrassing than… an actual professional football club moving the hoardings with the deliberate purpose of impeding players’ movement… well, maybe nothing will embarrass you (as you’ve confirmed by trying to compare this to the dimensions of our pitch, which, as far as I recall, are the same for every game in the season).

To repeat, forcing a professional footballer to move a hoarding that had been intentionally put there to get in his way in order to take a fuckin throw-in - and the ball-boys putting them back every time! - is the height of tin-pottery.

Not confident we’ll make fourth the way things are going - and there’s no way we’re going up even if we do - but it would surely be worth it just to Ross County you gimps all over again.

8 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

To repeat, forcing a professional footballer to move a hoarding that had been intentionally put there to get in his way in order to take a fuckin throw-in - and the ball-boys putting them back every time! - is the height of tin-pottery.

It's very funny. And the reaction from Morton fans is keeping the chuckles going. 

8 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

It really isn’t though.

For example, I would personally argue that conceding ten goals in a single game of football is far more tinpot. 

1 minute ago, John MacLean said:

It's very funny. And the reaction from Morton fans is keeping the chuckles going. 

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

It really isn’t though.

For example, I would personally argue that conceding ten goals in a single game of football is far more tinpot. 

Deflect away, chuckle bros…

Did you or didn’t you move the hoardings to prevent an opponent taking long throws?

You did.

Case closed.

9 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Did you or didn’t you move the hoardings to prevent an opponent taking long throws?

We did. 

It was amusing at the time. 

That you are still raging on the Monday makes it even funnier. 

Please don't stop. 

1 hour ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

I acknowledged we’d lost to the better team on the day - no problem, we were murder.

But if you think ‘moaning’, as you put it, about moving the hoardings is more embarrassing than… an actual professional football club moving the hoardings with the deliberate purpose of impeding players’ movement… well, maybe nothing will embarrass you (as you’ve confirmed by trying to compare this to the dimensions of our pitch, which, as far as I recall, are the same for every game in the season).

Not confident we’ll make fourth the way things are going - and there’s no way we’re going up even if we do - but it would surely be worth it just to Ross County you gimps all over again.

I think putting the hoardings there was iffy, but putting them back once Strapp had moved them wasn’t as the advertiser has paid for their product to be advertised.

17 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

I think putting the hoardings there was iffy, but putting them back once Strapp had moved them wasn’t as the advertiser has paid for their product to be advertised.

At last, a wee bit of honesty...

(Although I'm struggling with idea that the advertising would have been invisible in its original position, or an entire two or three yards further from the pitch.)

Good for Thistle; not as good as someone stealing his towel earlier in the season but good none the less. How much time is wasted with this guy having to trot up for every shy, drying the ball, and prancing up and down the line until he's ready? Anything that cuts a bit of the time wasting out is fine.

On 16/03/2024 at 21:28, The Ghost of B A R P said:

That’s as bad as I’ve seen us… no clue in possession beyond ‘give it to Power’ or ‘skelp it long’.

We somehow managed to be worse out of possession, though… barely won a second ball all day and got bullied by a team who pressed miles better than us.

And maybe the clearest example we’ve seen of Imrie making a total arse of the team selection. No amount of injuries justifies two of the shouts: French as a ‘midfielder’ (Jesus wept) and Gillespie as a ‘number 10’ (more tears).

No problem acknowledging the better team won, but I’ve got to mention the bollocks with the hoardings: possibly the most tin-pot thing I’ve ever seen at any level of football. Hope it was worth it.

What did u want us to do ? Make a wee runway for him ? It’s called home advantage for a reason 

When you have a weakness from balls coming in from wide areas, you do what you can to negate it. I'm just surprised they thought of it.

Given it's annoyed a few Morton fans, I hope it's replicated by other teams mainly to highlight their managers tactical limitations.

These sorts of things have boon going on for ages, no tables in away dressing rooms, no hot water or heating switched on etc. One of the best examples - although it is rugby - is the big obstruction in the middle of the away dressing room at Murrayfield. They allowed folk to think it was to cover something to to with the stadium construction but it's solely to make it more difficult for the away team. 

Best bet is to not let it be known that these things have not had an effect.

1 hour ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

At last, a wee bit of honesty...

(Although I'm struggling with idea that the advertising would have been invisible in its original position, or an entire two or three yards further from the pitch.)

Even although it was iffy, it seemed to have worked as his throw ins didn’t cause problems this time.

3 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

To repeat, forcing a professional footballer to move a hoarding that had been intentionally put there to get in his way in order to take a fuckin throw-in - and the ball-boys putting them back every time! - is the height of tin-pottery

Home team doing something to give the home team an advantage? Shocker.

No one "forced" Strapp to move the hoardings. He chose to. He could have just taken a short throw like 99% of other players.

A professional football team bleating and greeting cause they couldnt take a long throw any time the ball was in the opposition half because they dont have any other way of creating chances is far more of a riddy than us moving the boards IMO.

4 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Partick lost 0-10 to Queens Park on 3rd December 1881. How far back do you want to go? At least we managed to score two.

Morton fans just can’t help themselves when it comes to us. We keep slapping them down and putting them in their place, but they keep coming back for more. 

We have absolutely broken them, again.

8 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Let's just check the size of the Cappilow pitch shall we...

tI's 5 metres shorter and narrower than ours according to the records. - actually well short of FIFA recommendations.

SURELY that's a competitive advantage to the team that plays there for half the season? But NO, let's greet about some hoardings.

Away and drink yer ain pish ya walloper.

Edited by baba douche