Aberdeen v Ross County (Sat, 30th March)

VERY early for a match thread perhaps with the Scotland friendlies in-between. To save others googling Netherlands away Fri 22nd (Viaplay... I refuse to give them money, f*** em!!) Whilst at least the Scotland v Northern Ireland home match on Tue 26th is on BBC, 7:45pm K.O.

Once that passes, on Sat 30th March this relegation battle. Why is it not on Sky, nah, that is Livi v Celtic of course :(

The fact that a team with Miovski, Duk etc are fighting to avoid the play offs is hilarious. Am I the only one sensing similarities between this game and the Dundee Utd away match last season? Dhanda is back and will be fit, Murray on form. County's squad is for sure thin, best not over analyse now. Overall it has been a dismal, depressing & very unsettling season. Yet, there is hope. 

Simon Murray is turning into one of my favourite players in recent years! Murray has such a superb attitude & work ethic, gives 100% It's brilliant to see an attitude like that especially through the changes of managers. If others players could do the same... while the squad is not the best, we wouldn't be in the position we are now. 

Now County just need Jordan White to do his hatrick thing like last season and Aberdeen will be in trouble! 

I hope to see a big turn out of County fans for this. I'm gonna get the train myself. A decent performance is all I can hope for, Aberdeen despite their win against Motherwell are edgy, nervous and if County can be solid defensively, keep it 0-0 for a while, this match is winnable.

This is the time for the fans to turn out, avoid the play offs as this year I don't fancy our chances against Raith/United or worst of all the Partick Thistle revenge. St. Johnstone can't score, Motherwell aren't out of sight and a nervy, tense atmosphere in this, it's a game for even the neutrals. 

Let's face it, whatever team you support, Wimpy & The Mallard you want County to stay up. 

16 hours ago, Sonam said:

The fact that a team with Miovski, Duk etc are fighting to avoid the play offs is hilarious. Am I the only one sensing similarities between this game and the Dundee Utd away match last season? Dhanda is back and will be fit, Murray on form. County's squad is for sure thin, best not over analyse now. Overall it has been a dismal, depressing & very unsettling season. Yet, there is hope. 

Simon Murray is turning into one of my favourite players in recent years! Murray has such a superb attitude & work ethic, gives 100% It's brilliant to see an attitude like that especially through the changes of managers. If others players could do the same... while the squad is not the best, we wouldn't be in the position we are now. 

Murray does his best to resemble an octopus with the DTs that's just finished using a pneumatic drill every time he's come up against AFC to date.

Which means he's worth a fiver to score a hat-trick a week on Saturday.

6 hours ago, Staggie_93 said:

Hopefully we actually turn up against Aberdeen for once.

My pre-match optimism mixed with a few beers when I started this thread now being reminded of the actual results this season against the Dons:

3rd Sept '23 - Ross County 1 Aberdeen 1 (Akio equalising 5 mins into injury time, after it looked like Duk had won it for Dons on 88th min)

24th Sept '23 - Aberdeen 4 Ross County 0 (Shocking considering the run Aberdeen had been on)

27th Sept '23 Ross County 1 Aberdeen 2 (a superb Shinnie goal to be fair) - League Cup

2nd Jan '24 Ross County 0 Aberdeen 3 (a match I missed)

For as bad as Aberdeen have been, County have been terrible against them it has to be said. 

The first section of the usual away end is being sold to home fans. I think this is the first time that has happened since the fence came down. 

I see County have sold their initial allocation too. There wont be too many more tickets to give them, especially if they prefer to have any protection from the elements.

Do you think there will be a big attendance for the Dons for this match? 

County just need to turn up for once against Aberdeen, the previous matches this season for large parts County sat back and let Aberdeen completely dictate play and look great. 

While Miovski when on form is sheer class, the rest of the squad are are low on confidence. This game is f'in winnable, even though away from home! I hope to see County go for it, like they did last season against Dundee United. Hit them fast on the break, inteligent play, Dhanda to leave with a positive legacy FFS. 

I doubt Aberdeen will go down, but they aren't as good as County have made them look. A win would be superb.

1 minute ago, Super Staggie said:

I have bad feeling about this Dandy Dons 2 Staggies 0

As George Michael said, you gotta have faith.

16 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Looking forward to the pub before and after this game.

The game itself? Not so much. Edit: Might depend what the pie of the month is. 

Because it's still March it will be the same as the Killie Cup trouncing one. I had it, but no recollection what it was. Looking forward to the actual game.