Open Goal Podcast

21 minutes ago, Dennis_WYNESS said:

Last song of the night was Loch Lomond and they noticed people leaving so started skipping bits 

How do you skip bits in Loch Lomond?!

14 hours ago, Moorie said:

Strachan is a good after dinner talker so will keep a crowd going. Could imagine it being who can talk the loudest competition with the rest.

the Gerry Cinnamon of the podcast world

What did they say? 

10 hours ago, Dennis_WYNESS said:

What was said?

Find it funny that those two old guys are taking the piss out of the young team

They dedicated the Tune to Play them out them and snodgrass and it was Elton Johns Rocketman. A modern toe tapper of a tune for Cowans taste

Posted (edited)

I regularly listen to the open goal podcast and enjoy it for what it is, I really like Derek Ferguson and James McFadden in particular. They’re good for a car journey or on in the background while doing mundane work stuff but there’s no way I would make the effort to get down to the Hydro and pay to attend. If they’re managing to sell out the place then fair fucks to them.

I also listen to the Terrace. Usually don’t regularly listen to the Premiership one as I obviously do not support a Premiership team and will listen from time to time but the lower league one for me is the very best and it’s the piece of media I enjoy most every single week. Big fan of it and Telfer and McGuigan.

Both serve their own purpose though and if people enjoy either and want to attend live shows and it keeps them happy then fair play. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

13 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I regularly listen to the open goal podcast and enjoy it for what it is, I really like Derek Ferguson and James McFadden in particular. They’re good for a car journey or on in the background while doing mundane work stuff but there’s no way I would make the effort to get down to the Hydro and pay to attend. If they’re managing to sell out the place then fair fucks to them.

I also listen to the Terrace. Usually don’t regularly listen to the Premiership one as I obviously do not support a Premiership team and will listen from time to time but the lower league one for me is the very best and it’s the piece of media I enjoy most every single week. Big fan of it and Telfer and McGuigan.

Both serve their own purpose though and if people enjoy either and want to attend live shows and it keeps them happy then fair play. 

I quite like listening to the podcasts as well and think McFadden is brilliant in particular. Funny Kenny Miller had a nightmare with that red card and they didn't mention it at all, would gave a field day on it if that was a different commentator.

49 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

The lower league podcast is the best one. 
tune into the the premiership one at time to time but already so many platforms talking about that come round Tuesday I’m thinking of the following weeks games 

Open Goal is an absolute shit show nowdays with the Thursday show with McFadden and Ferguson who have at least an ounce of football knowledge.

Fighting a losing battle though as Ferry can't help himself coming out with some playground arse cheeks and pubes jokes. He's a fucking numpty. 

Unfortunately, people are buying in to that utter nonsense...so I can't see it going anywhere.

On 25/05/2024 at 16:52, DA Baracus said:

These lads had a show at the Hydro last night. Looked like a pretty big crowd but apparently it wasn't the best.

Screenshot_20240525_084652_Reddit.thumb.jpg.214a57b668725ef04e9e8e75690416bb.jpg

That's painful to watch. Not great when you're shouting at the audience begging them to laugh instead of boo. You'd think they would've moved the chat on.

The podcast is probably alright to stick on when you're doing the dishes or that, where you're drifting in and out, but I can't believe there's 11k folk willing to shell out to watch them live. Fair play to them, they must've made a few quid. 

1 hour ago, Pens_Dark said:

Open Goal is an absolute shit show nowdays with the Thursday show with McFadden and Ferguson who have at least an ounce of football knowledge.

Fighting a losing battle though as Ferry can't help himself coming out with some playground arse cheeks and pubes jokes. He's a fucking numpty. 

Unfortunately, people are buying in to that utter nonsense...so I can't see it going anywhere.

Open Goals last video got 45,000 views , one before that 63,000 views

want to know what the last Terrace one got ?........... 491 views

losing battle :)

3 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

image.png.c7eecadd78a10932a9270c6abe286565.png

image.png.2fcc944c14c5eea62d85b11fc46f97e2.png

Fucking hell  🤣

You are comparing something that was primarily founded through people listening via podcasts to something that was initially founded via YouTube videos. I believe the Terrace have only recently started uploading to YouTube. 

So yeah, your comparison doesn't remotely work. 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Mrs Brown's Boys has huge audiences I believe.

More people support Celtic and Rangers than Partick Thistle and Queen’s Park but I know whose company I’d rather be in.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Mrs Brown's Boys has huge audiences I believe.

Hitler had millions of followers. Donald Trump has millions of followers. Jesus had 12 followers and one of them got him killed (I know he wasn't really dead, but still).

Just because something has a huge audience, it doesn't make it good.