Open Goal Podcast

18 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

in the past they have talked about;

• players running down their contracts
  • what happens when your out of contract
  • what changing room are really like
  • money and what footballers really think about appearance bonuses etc etc

IE what really happens as they have been there.

I could go on and on, if you really want to know about what being a professional footballers is like particular in Scotland you get stuff on open goal you dont get anywhere else but you don't want to listen.

I listened the other week actually to their Scottish Cup preview, complete and utter waste of time.

Just now, Arab_R_us said:

tbf watching hoofball every week i can see why

Tippy tappy, """""""tikki takka"""""""" football sounds like something a bearded, wrestling watcher would want.

Why do you have a problem with good honest, working class hoofball?

Drew McIntyre has a big beard, loves wrestling (since he is one) and has in the past posted Simpsons memes on Twitter.

Yet he's a Sevco fan. So where does he fit in to this? I'm confused.

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Drew McIntyre has a big beard, loves wrestling (since he is one) and has in the past posted Simpsons memes on Twitter.

Yet he's a Sevco fan. So where does he fit in to this? I'm confused.

Hipster Rangers fans are definitely a thing.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Being 100% honest, if you had to construct a "median" listener of Open Goal it would probably be someone with a sleeve tattoo, a gymshark tracksuit who loves banter and for A View From The Terrace it'd be a bearded hipster who likes making jokes about wrestling on Twitter.

I think they'd be a guy in his 30's living with a partner but still takes his laundry home to his Maw.

56 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

what changing room are really like

Wow, I am going to search out the episode containing this golden nugget. I hope they are like the inside of a spaceship really. 

1 hour ago, Arab_R_us said:

The average Terrace listener loved  " The Marvels "  and is a big advocate for the " Message "

and has He/Him on his twitter BIO

Stunned that this thread has ended up with some casual bigotry.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

if you had to construct a "median" listener of Open Goal it would probably be someone with a sleeve tattoo, a gymshark tracksuit who loves

........visiting establishments like Black Rooster and who spends more time in toilet cubicles than they probably should.

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

........visiting establishments like Black Rooster and who spends more time in toilet cubicles than they probably should.

If you're eating from there, then a lengthy time in a cubicle won't be uncommon.

Big fan of the Terrace/AVFTT. Pay for the Pateron too. The Lower league round up with Telfer and Shaughn my favourite and don’t have a horse in that race.

I’ve tried open Goal just not for me. I enjoyed the early interviews with Russell Anderson and Barry Robson that he did about 8 years ago? I did listen to the recent Mciness and Lee Miller interviews the first being passable as Slane wasn’t involved 

1 hour ago, Arab_R_us said:

The average Terrace listener loved  " The Marvels "  and is a big advocate for the " Message "

and has He/Him on his twitter BIO

:lol:

This thread has been a great read but this has done me in, honestly just say "The average Terrace listener is WOKE!!!"

I was a big fan of Open Goal in the early days of Si Ferry 1-on-1 interviews and even the beginning of the podcast, I could stomach the OF-centric talk and enjoy some of the banter, and really got it with the run-up to Euro 2020, was an unashamed fan of the whole "Yes Sir, I Can Boogie" rise. After the Euros though, I really felt that I was hearing the same stuff every week and rapidly lost interest at that point. Absolutely hated the Open Goal Broomhill pish, happy that it fell apart.

As for AVFTT it's a weird one, I've always thought I'd get right into it as it's right up my alley on giving a wider view of Scottish football, but I've never really been all that arsed with podcasts and I consume most of my content through YouTube. Always enjoyed the hosts' contributions on here and on Twitter but the actual podcasts/TV shows are something I've never bothered to get into any more than that.

I think if you're interested in the dressing room culture and the 'one of the lads' mentality then Open Goal is a decent listen, while A View From The Terrace very much is summed up by its name, it's a fan's view of the game and its quirks, and isn't pretending to be anything else.

6 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

:lol:

This thread has been a great read but this has done me in, honestly just say "The average Terrace listener is WOKE!!!"

I was a big fan of Open Goal in the early days of Si Ferry 1-on-1 interviews and even the beginning of the podcast, I could stomach the OF-centric talk and enjoy some of the banter, and really got it with the run-up to Euro 2020, was an unashamed fan of the whole "Yes Sir, I Can Boogie" rise. After the Euros though, I really felt that I was hearing the same stuff every week and rapidly lost interest at that point. Absolutely hated the Open Goal Broomhill pish, happy that it fell apart.

As for AVFTT it's a weird one, I've always thought I'd get right into it as it's right up my alley on giving a wider view of Scottish football, but I've never really been all that arsed with podcasts and I consume most of my content through YouTube. Always enjoyed the hosts' contributions on here and on Twitter but the actual podcasts/TV shows are something I've never bothered to get into any more than that.

I think if you're interested in the dressing room culture and the 'one of the lads' mentality then Open Goal is a decent listen, while A View From The Terrace very much is summed up by its name, it's a fan's view of the game and its quirks, and isn't pretending to be anything else.

Terrace just recently started doing their podcasts on YouTube. I've become the same as yourself most of my podcasts have sort of fallen away as I mostly consume content on YouTube.  

https://youtube.com/@TerracePodcast?si=cGwB86HF-SVzoT5s

19 hours ago, Arab_R_us said:

I get the impression  the average P&B poster is Middleclass, went to Uni, has a beard, likes pro wresting, likes posting Simpsons memes.

They are football fans but actually hate the types of people that actually play football in the main. Working class comes from council estates. Bit too Crass for them.

Its a class thing. Bit of snobbery going on here IMO

None of the bit in bold describes me and I think Ferry, Slaney and Kyle are painful to listen to.