Open Goal Podcast

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

There's numerous posters from AVFTT that post on here.

I've never heard of "improving Scottish football" podcast, is it any good?

Nutmeg sponsor the site.

of course there is 😀 every single one of them went to Uni and watches wrestling 😀 

vft.jpg

Edited by Arab_R_us

Just now, Arab_R_us said:

vft.jpg

I like the extra effort McGuigan (sp?) went with there. Proper yuppie barrister.

Borthwick the boy though. He's that see through im surprised the milkman hasn't collected him on his rounds :wub:

2 hours ago, Arab_R_us said:

was wondering why its dosnt have its own section in P&B like the terrace and a few others ?

There aren't all that many old firm fans on here.  

I have a keen interest in football at all levels and would like to listen to both. However, I also have an embarrassingly large salary as well as coveted qualifications from a distinguished university, so I just can't justify listening to either.

2 hours ago, Arab_R_us said:

I get the impression  the average P&B poster is Middleclass, went to Uni, has a beard, likes pro wresting, likes posting Simpsons memes

Likes Simpsons memes and is probably middle class, in the immortal words of Meatloaf 2 out of 5 ain't bad.

Open goal, like meatloaf are completely insufferable.

29 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

of course there is 😀 every single one of them went to Uni and watches wrestling 😀 

vft.jpg

Working class people are famously banned from university. 

3 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

If you were going to make a spurious claim about the kind of person makes up the Open Goal listenership, what would it be?

Mine would be that it’s the kind of guys who think there’s a witch-hunt against David Goodwillie. 

believe women 

7 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

If you were going to make a spurious claim about the kind of person makes up the Open Goal listenership, what would it be?

Mine would be that it’s the kind of guys who think there’s a witch-hunt against David Goodwillie. 

“I don’t agree wae everything that Andrew Tate says, but…..”

3 hours ago, an86 said:

Coldplay have sold 100million albums. It doesn’t mean they’re not intolerable. 

There's definitely a point where popularity goes from an indicator of quality to an indicator of blandness. 

18 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Skin fade, sleeve tattoos, Golf GTI, holidays in Marbs.

10 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

So open goal watchers are now Rape apologists ? 

ffs

And can't grow beards. 

If this roaster keeps up this thread has real gold potential.

A very weird series of rants about p&b being middle class. Beards and pro wrestling, wit. 

I liked a couple of the one to one interviews on open goal back when it was first getting going. Couple decent stories and insights on occasion. But its all just far too old firm focused. f**k that.

Anything where they're all sitting talking shite is painful to watch. Awful patter. Haven't tried watching any of it for a long long time.

Was absolutely delighted to see their wee Lowland League project go up in flames as well, a terrible concept right up there with B teams.

I would imagine Nutmeg and VFTT approached Div asking for a wee corner to themselves, and possibly offering to make it worth his while in some little way.

No reason whatsoever that OG could not do the same.