Enhanced Games

12 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enhanced_Games
Roidlympics is coming and it’s being funded by Peter Thiel. I can’t see it going very well due to the fact most of the athletes will be absolutely raging during the whole thing. 

Makes a change from other sports when it's usually the fans are raging all the time :lol:

29 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

Roidlympics is coming and it’s being funded by Peter Thiel. I can’t see it going very well due to the fact most of the athletes will be absolutely raging during the whole thing. 

16 minutes ago, greendot said:

Makes a change from other sports when it's usually the fans are raging all the time :lol:

Bring it on, cvntos...........

body1.thumb.webp.8e8227f67dd13d83f9a925db3e27175b.webpKirill-Tereshin.webp.a32a91bcd8dca019261dac7c612c9e48.webp

30 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

mmmmmmmrhm

afaik performance enhancing substances *can* be used safely - with supervision etc. - but they'd all be taking it right to the limit in order to be competitive

As poor as anti doping might be, the fact its not legitimised presumably stops most players/athletes from ripping the arse right out of it. (presumably)

Bit uncomfortable as and when any athletes taking part do a Benoit or end up dropping dead in a sauna in their 30's

I'm all for this.  Seriously.  I want to see what an athlete jacked and roided out his now massive tits can do.

If they are aware of the consequences then whats the real harm?

Oh the Benoit thing.  Oh yeah good point.

Edited by Lofarl
Benoit

Yeah, all for someone running the 100m in 4.5 seconds before their heart burst out of their chest.

Wonder if any mainstream outlet will buy the viewing rights.

It'll be most of the current athletes doing it without having to bother with diuretics and insane policies.

I'm 100% certain it won't be boys pumping their arms full of synthol, like posted.

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Bring it on, cvntos...........

body1.thumb.webp.8e8227f67dd13d83f9a925db3e27175b.webpKirill-Tereshin.webp.a32a91bcd8dca019261dac7c612c9e48.webp

It's incredible how the bottom guy still looks like a little worm :lol:

I would be amazed if this event ever happens. There are huge barriers to it - anyone involved will be banned from competing in normal sport and will thus have to sacrifice their career to compete in it. For athletes that means only has beens or never will be’s would consider it. It’s most likely that guys who have already been popped for doping will sign up. Not only will the athletes involved face sanction but the administrators, coaches, venues, medical staff would all be kissing their future livelihoods in sport goodbye if they get involved. So, again, rather than the elite you’ll likely get a load of already banned coaches or guys who have been suspended for other reasons.

Most performance enhancing drugs are either outright illegal or subject to legal sanctions in many countries. For example, if you wanted to host the Enhanced Games in the UK then the main PEDs for endurance events (EPO) and speed/power events (anabolic steroids) are illegal on the UK. How can you administer them, how could anyone test them for purity etc?

There are more practical concerns than that. There are a whole gamut of PEDs, do you just have a free for all or do you have a variety of races for people on different drugs, the way you have loads of different event for different disabilities in the Paralympics? The EPO 400m, the Nandrolone 400m, the Tren 400m? If you don’t do that you just say “it’s a free for all” then you encourage athletes to endanger themselves by taking large quantities of PEDs.

That’s the final point about it - PEDs are dangerous and especially so if you take them in large doses. EPO is widely believed to have caused a number of deaths in cyclists; numerous bodybuilders have died as a result of steroids. 

As I said, I very much doubt it’ll happen and I hope it doesn’t.

12 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I would be amazed if this event ever happens. There are huge barriers to it

Tbf elite level tennis like cycling a few years back is letting their stars take any drugs without having to leave the mainstream.

18 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

It'll be most of the current athletes doing it without having to bother with diuretics and insane policies.

I'm 100% certain it won't be boys pumping their arms full of synthol, like posted.

Does going Super Saiyan count as drugging?