Scotland Vs Northern Ireland

8 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Just for what it’s worth, Che Adams is clearly a better player than Lawrence Shankland is. 

I'd say it's likely inarguable that Adams is the better of the two players but Shankland had a better first touch and is a more natural finisher. 

Which one suits our style better is not clear at all. 

Just now, Unleash The Nade said:

So on your theory , Patterson who’s in an English Premiership team , but can’t get a game , deserves his place in the squad , just because of that ? 

You just made my point there. Patterson isnt getting a game. Adams does. 

Maybe this is the way to go. Absolutely no expectations whatsoever going into a tournament. What do we have to lose? 

I’ve always been really positive, possibly blindly positive. So maybe a reality check is good for us. Let’s face it, everything else has failed us over the last forever of qualifying.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

You still haven’t justified your rash comment by naming who you’d rather have in the squad ! 

Whats rash about it? Does the truth hurt.

1 minute ago, Unleash The Nade said:

So on your theory , Patterson who’s in an English Premiership team , but can’t get a game , deserves his place in the squad , just because of that ? 

You’ve lost it. Again. Just needs Perthshire Bell to come back and you’d have an aneurism.  

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

He also links play, holds the ball up and has eight more goals than Lyndon Dykes this season. 

Suggesting he only works hard just isn’t true. 

Strikers need to score though. That should be their main job. He scores more than Dykes is hardly strengthening your argument either.

Let midfielders and fullbacks link the play.

Just now, C4mmy31 said:

Whats rash about it? Does the truth hurt.

Deflection yet again 

All I’m asking is who ( in your opinion ) you’d rather see in the squad ,

It’s not a difficult question, since you seem to think Shanklands not worthy 

Just now, GTG_03 said:

Jesus. Some amount of bed wetting going on here. It was a poor performance which highlighted that we struggle when teams sit in against us. 

I have faith that Clarke will go about fixing that. However, we're not going to play against teams in the euros who are going to sit in which will suit us. If we go behind in those games, it becomes a real worry.

Patterson was poor and Dykes was anonymous in a game where the Irish did a great job subduing us.

No bed wetting. Legitimate criticism for a team that in the main has performed well and received plenty of praise the last four or five years.  

i have no doubt we will get back to winning ways sooner rather than later. However, that display was inept and deserves to be called out as such.

We couldn’t break down an inexperienced Irish side, that would probably have taken a narrow defeat at the start of the game. 

Still time to sort it out but what is it now, 7 or 8 games without a win? It hardly inspires confidence. 

29 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

As pish as it was, folk need to calm down. 

It was a friendly, they’ll be ready come Germany. 

NI had a better intensity, but that’s hardly surprising given it’s their big game and a game in which our players just don’t want to get injured. 

This is correct.

This was NI's big game. They were 100% up for it and committed.

6 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Top mind games from Steve Clarke, having us head to the tournament fooling everyone into thinking we're total mince rather than the champions elect.

Wee reminder about the Norn's qualifying group. They did manage a win against Denmark, although the Danes had already finished top of the group and had the cigars out. It's a friendly, so I don't think it quite tops the disasterpiece that was the Faeroe Islands in 2002, but it's still easily in our top 5 worst results of the 21st century. It's like losing at home to Gibraltar, Cyprus, or Malta.

image.png.ede745c97bb167274f3954cc24848b6e.png

We managed a much lauded win against the danes when they were top of the group and had the cigars out

Slightly creepy you remember so much about me 

I remember you’re an absolute nutcase who was obsessed with Perthshire bell. Not really that stalkerish.