Are the Media Against Celtic?

I'e always enjoyed the idea that the media, whose sole motivation when it come to sport is encouraging people to buy or consume their product, have an ingrained bias against the second most popular club in the country.

Sounds like a great business idea.

13 hours ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Is this honestly what people do at university these days?

Actually I heard one of the red-brick universities funded a two year research project to clarify if excessive consumption of alcohol impacted chances of getting good exam results.

FFS - I did that research fifty years ago and didn't even get paid for it.

SPOILER ALERT - the answer was YES

2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

I'e always enjoyed the idea that the media, whose sole motivation when it come to sport is encouraging people to buy or consume their product, have an ingrained bias against the second most popular club in the country.

Sounds like a great business idea.

That's no way to talk about Rangers Vincent.😆

On 26/03/2024 at 14:33, bennett said:

Prepare yourself for over 100 years of journalistic grievances. 

Which club was it that banned the BBC from their ground because of journalistic grievances? 

Yes the media are completely against Celtic. I may be a Motherwell fan but I can see this. Why, just the other night I saw a pundit on Sportscene talking without Peter Lawell's hand moving; the bias is absolutely incredible! Some of the guests even have tongues which aren't stained brown from being stuck up Brendan Rogers's arse! The media, the referees, every other fan, the clubs, the players, SFA, IFAB, PTA, CIA, SHB, PGA, all against the celts. Year after year and season after season I am always amazed at how those plucky little millionaire underdogs win trophies in the face of all this conspiracy, sectarianism and bias!!

30 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

Which club was it that banned the BBC from their ground because of journalistic grievances? 

Rangers never banned the BBC and the beeb apologised to Rangers over a genuine grievance. 

"The BBC is committed to reporting the Scottish Premiership fully and fairly across all clubs. However it recognises that the club has genuine concerns about the accuracy and balance of some coverage.

"The BBC acknowledges that there have been occasions when parts of the coverage of Rangers FC have not met its editorial standards. It has apologised for those instances and is happy to repeat these apologies now

6 hours ago, bennett said:

Rangers never banned the BBC and the beeb apologised to Rangers over a genuine grievance. 

"The BBC is committed to reporting the Scottish Premiership fully and fairly across all clubs. However it recognises that the club has genuine concerns about the accuracy and balance of some coverage.

"The BBC acknowledges that there have been occasions when parts of the coverage of Rangers FC have not met its editorial standards. It has apologised for those instances and is happy to repeat these apologies now

😂😂

When I can be bothered filling in these dissertation requests, I do it from the perspective of a Stranraer fan. My general comments are usually around why the ferries left and when they are coming back.

I’ve never completed one as a paranoid Celtic fan.

26 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Well the SFA certainly aren't.  Shitting themselves giving Brendan a 1 game ban with one suspended :lol: 

Let me guess which game he'll not be banned for?

I’ve just noticed this thread “are the media against celtic”

1 - Are they fucking joking,celtic are always offended never ashamed.

2- yer havin a fkn laugh

3- the media have pandered to them for the 50 years I’ve followed football,all in the name of religion.

4-f**k celtic