⚫️⚪️The Pars vs The Jags🔴🟡 - 6th April 2024

If we avoid defeat here I’d say we are pretty comfy for playoffs, I think a win would probably all but seal 3rd. But it’s Thistle and the Championship so you never know. 

Dunfermline have picked up improved form, pretty much since we last played them, so I am expecting a tough game. We have defended better over the last three games, so I’m hopeful that continues into this one. I enjoy Dunfermline away.

I think everyone can agree Thistle are certainties for the play offs.

Us on the other hand need to keep the winning habit and hope others drop points if 4th is reachable.

I'm not confident about this one after that 2nd half against Arbroath. Cruising and let it almost completely collapse. Worrying stuff. 

We've won 3 in a row for the first time all season, I don't think we have the consistency to make it 4 so I'll predict a score draw. 

If Brian Graham scores in this he'll have scored in all four matches between us this season. Off the top of my head I can't remember anyone else doing that for or against us.

Right pain the ar*e so he is. 

1 hour ago, par-adise said:

If Brian Graham scores in this he'll have scored in all four matches between us this season. Off the top of my head I can't remember anyone else doing that for or against us.

Every match thread always has posts like this from opposing fans. His scoring record over the last few seasons has been excellent.

1 hour ago, par-adise said:

Didn't one of the Alloa players have sort of record? Alan Trouten possibly - not sure if I'm conflating two different things though. There was one season where I'm sure a visiting player had scored as many goals at EEP as our own top scorer had?

3 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Didn't one of the Alloa players have sort of record? Alan Trouten possibly - not sure if I'm conflating two different things though. There was one season where I'm sure a visiting player had scored as many goals at EEP as our own top scorer had?

Sure you’re bang on and it was Trouten.  The season we had Hippolyte, Louis Longridge and El Bakh II as our forward options.   Shudder.

8 minutes ago, parsboi said:

Sure you’re bang on and it was Trouten.  The season we had Hippolyte, Louis Longridge and El Bakh II as our forward options.   Shudder.

12 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Good shout but afraid not. He scored 3 at EEP that season across 2 games and 1 of those was the challenge cup. He scored 2 in AJ's last game. He also scored against us in the cup the following season. 

Edited by par-adise

1 hour ago, Reid said:

Every match thread always has posts like this from opposing fans. His scoring record over the last few seasons has been excellent.

Aye, I think he’s also scored in all three games we’ve played against Ayr this season as well 

BBG has gone through a wee barren patch over the last couple of matches, hopefully he'll be back in the purple on Saturday as per his usual scoring/not scoring cycles .Another clean sheet would be nice as well .

Last two Thistle players -I think, only checked the obvious ones- to score against a team in all 4 league games were Doolan vs Stirling Albion in 2010/11 (6 goals across the 4 games) and Alex Burns vs Motherwell in 2002/03 (5 in 4).  As said above, Graham has this game plus the Ayr game to achieve that feat.

No real interest in checking who has done it against us though Owen Coyle would be the most obvious candidate.

Edited by Fuctifano

12 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

No real interest in checking who has done it against us though Owen Coyle would be the most obvious candidate.

Ruari Paton did it this season, although he didn’t score against us in the Scottish Cup game. 

8 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I despise Brian graham. 

I think that's one of the biggest compliments I can give an opposition player. 

GHxQKSLXIAADh8h.jpeg.c5bc7a6da588fdcf510f4008c1161988.jpeg.7fd357d327179e4fe3ac486a418a1fc4.jpeg

Seriously, I'd be the same if he was in opposition to us and hadn't played to such a level for Thistle over a few difficult years. 

13 hours ago, I Clavdivs said:

BBG has gone through a wee barren patch over the last couple of matches, hopefully he'll be back in the purple on Saturday as per his usual scoring/not scoring cycles .Another clean sheet would be nice as well .

Get that shite in the sea