⚫️⚪️The Pars vs The Jags🔴🟡 - 6th April 2024

Good turn out from the Pars fans today.

I know we normally announce tickets sold and it looks a bit daft when many don't turn up, but looked a healthy number of bums on seats today. 5500 is superb for a middling Championship side. More than Kilmarnock had today and they are flying in the top division.

Edited by Chubbychops

39 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Good turn out from the Pars fans today.

I know we normally announce tickets sold and it looks a bit daft when many don't turn up, but looked a healthy number of bums on seats today. 5500 is superb for a middling Championship side. More than Kilmarnock had today and they are flying in the top division.

Agreed, and fair play for a very decent turnout. Our last game at EEP was announced as just under 5k but it looked closer to 3k that day.

Today was a much healthier home end in terms of actual numbers in attendance.

34 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Agreed, and fair play for a very decent turnout. Our last game at EEP was announced as just under 5k but it looked closer to 3k that day.

Today was a much healthier home end in terms of actual numbers in attendance.

Aye. And all the kudos to the people that went on that Friday night. It was a dull yin. 🤣

15 hours ago, HoBNob said:

The ref and the linesman were both poor, I'd need to see the penalty again but it did look soft? 

I thought on the whole though a draw was a fair result. Happy enough with the Pars performance in what was difficult conditions. 

C'mon the Raith midweek. 

Yes, to put it politely the officials were poor. The penalty was one of the softest you’ll ever see, but we’ll take it. 
We started really well and slowly grew out of the game. We were lucky enough to get away with it when the ball was cleared off the line twice. Joe Chalmers made a rip roaring James Hunt of it that allowed them to score, and naturally it was that man again that did the damage. You can’t give a marksman like Brian Graham an opportunity like that,  he is guaranteed to punish you. He’s as tricky as a bag of monkeys and I’d love him in our team. 
All said I’m happy that we are one point further away from the relegation zone, and if the rest of the league does us a favour we could possibly still  hit 4th place 

Edited by Wacky

Just now, HoBNob said:

Aye that's a penalty. 

Is O'Reilly injured? 

Yeah, pretty sure I’d go down grabbing my ankle if someone stood on it with their studs. Muirhead surely can’t be the best defender Thistle have? Guy’s a bombscare.

Thistle fans will probably still claim it was a dive for the penalty though and ignore Brian Graham’s actual dives. Don’t get me wrong, Graham’s a really good player at this level and he’s a proper pest to play against (I’ve said as much on our thread). But you can’t start moaning about other players going down easily/diving when your team has the likes of him and Fitzpatrick throwing themselves to the ground, as they did yesterday.

Remember Graham’s attempt to get Bene sent off just before half time? Grabbed a fistful of Bene’s shirt and just threw himself to the ground still holding it 😂

18 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Yeah, pretty sure I’d go down grabbing my ankle if someone stood on it with their studs. Muirhead surely can’t be the best defender Thistle have? Guy’s a bombscare.

Thistle fans will probably still claim it was a dive for the penalty though and ignore Brian Graham’s actual dives. Don’t get me wrong, Graham’s a really good player at this level and he’s a proper pest to play against (I’ve said as much on our thread). But you can’t start moaning about other players going down easily/diving when your team has the likes of him and Fitzpatrick throwing themselves to the ground, as they did yesterday.

Remember Graham’s attempt to get Bene sent off just before half time? Grabbed a fistful of Bene’s shirt and just threw himself to the ground still holding it 😂

I genuinely can't tell anything from the video shown - which foot has Muirhead used to stand on Kanes? Both feet are 'near' Kane, but I can't actually see contact.

Ref was closer, so MAY have had a better look at it.

Also, why does Kane then jump about 5 feet to his left then fall over?

Doesn't really matter in the scheme of things, but I'd be laughing if we got that.

Edited by baba douche

33 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Aye that's a penalty. 

Is O'Reilly injured? 

Yes, O’Reilly has been injured pretty much entirely since he signed. Due back soon according to Doolan, but he was apparently going to be back for the Caley game last weekend the last time we heard anything, so who knows.

And yeah, definite penalty when you see that back. I can see why people would think it was soft in a live viewing, because it would be easy to miss Muirhead standing on Kane’s foot in real time.

Edited by Nightmare

Just now, baba douche said:

I genuinely can't tell anything from the video shown - which foot has Muirhead used to stand on Lanes? Both feet are 'near' Kane, but I can't actually see contact.

Doesn't really matter in the scheme of things, but I'd be laughing if we got that.

Really? He quite clearly stands on Kane’s right foot as the ball is rolling in to Kane.

I do agree there’s probably an unnecessarily theatrical reaction after the contact, but there definitely is contact and if we had VAR that’s a penalty 100% of the time.

Just now, Nightmare said:

Really? He quite clearly stands on Kane’s right foot as the ball is rolling in to Kane.

I do agree there’s probably an unnecessarily theatrical reaction after the contact, but there definitely is contact and if we had VAR that’s a penalty 100% of the time.

Actually, when I watched the actual post, it's a lot clearer!

Defo a pen.

19 minutes ago, baba douche said:

I genuinely can't tell anything from the video shown - which foot has Muirhead used to stand on Kanes? Both feet are 'near' Kane, but I can't actually see contact.

You have to be at it here. Muirhead’s right foot clearly stands on Kane’s ankle. At this point you’re actively choosing not to see it, if you’re still trying to claim that’s not a penalty. It’s just really clumsy from Muirhead. 

edit - missed the post above once you’d actually watched it. Still not sure why you quoted saying you couldn’t see the contact, before watching the footage though.

Edited by CallumPar

Aye, from the further away view on our highlights it looked like a dive, but that shows that it’s a pretty clear penalty.

16 minutes ago, baba douche said:

Actually, when I watched the actual post, it's a lot clearer!

Defo a pen.

Why did you dive straight in before watching the actual video that demonstrated the point he was making?