Airdrieonians vs Morton

2 minutes ago, A Diamond For Me said:

For all the snottery greeting about Morton being hard done by due to a totally unearned reputation for being a bunch of hammer throwers, they didn't half try to kick and hack their way through the game this afternoon. 

To be fair, a team with Kirk broadfoot and Alan power in it is hardly going to be playing passing football. Two absolute cloggers 

47 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

When did Air da Ray fans develop such a massive chip on their shoulder?  This is car crash stuff indeed.

Unfair, mate. They're very well-balanced - chips on both shoulders, and current front-runners in the P&B 'roasting gloaters of the season' title race.

4 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

Unfair, mate. They're very well-balanced - chips on both shoulders, and current front-runners in the P&B 'roasting gloaters of the season' title race.

To be fair, I suspect almost all airdrie fans are just enjoying every little win that comes along. Tipped to go straight back down but McCabe has us in 4th whilst playing good football. Got to enjoy these times as supporters of diddy clubs. Added bonus of beating Morton 

30 minutes ago, Scosha said:

“Nice” Airdrieonians - the same group that roundly booed a player whose brother had the audacity to call out alledged racism from your own support. Despicable behaviour. 

Yeah it’s definitely that…

Not the fact he physically abused his girlfriend or anything…

1 minute ago, Aufc said:

To be fair, I suspect almost all airdrie fans are just enjoying every little win that comes along. Tipped to go straight back down but McCabe has us in 4th whilst playing good football. Got to enjoy these times as supporters of diddy clubs. Added bonus of beating Morton 

Can't argue with that. Fair play today, a well-deserved win.

32 minutes ago, Scosha said:

“Nice” Airdrieonians - the same group that roundly booed a player whose brother had the audacity to call out alledged racism from your own support. Despicable behaviour. 

Easier than talking about the game then ,,???

9 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

current front-runners in the P&B 'roasting gloaters of the season' title race.

Unfair.

Mainly as both Ayr and Falkirk fans exist.

40 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

He was having a right go at the Airdrie Doctor at what appeared to be half time. Despicable character

Never seen someone so intent on proving everyone right with the preconceptions about him.

Imrie’s prematch interview came up as a suggested video on YouTube this morning.

He came across as an absolute weapon. Talking about how Airdrie have been long ball merchants when he’s watched them and like it’s a myth the play tidy stuff.

The dictionary definition of wee man syndrome and just a thoroughly unlikeable guy.

Watch that 9th spot now Morton…

1 minute ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Imrie’s prematch interview came up as a suggested video on YouTube this morning.

He came across as an absolute weapon. Talking about how Airdrie have been long ball merchants when he’s watched them and like it’s a myth the play tidy stuff.

The dictionary definition of wee man syndrome and just a thoroughly unlikeable guy.

Passed them of the park the day.

20 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

Can only speak for myself here but for me I don’t mind the Morton support at all. More just the fact that your manager may be the most unlikeable man in football atm.

ETA - also quitongo is a wife beater

Edited by Diamonds02

2 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Always amuses me when this gets levelled at airdrie. Amuses me because last season we never did it and we got pumped a few times and teams accused us of not having a plan B. Now we are able to go long at times as have todorov and we get accused of being long ball merchants.  

Poor Dougie must have been all confused today as we passed around his team as he was expecting long balls

21 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Yeah mate, his brother's version is no longer "alleged", it was ruled a lie!

Best not go there with the Quitongo's!

Indeed. As I recall no evidence of racial abuse was found whilst the tribunal found neither the club nor individuals associated with the club had racially discriminated against Mr Q. Although not required to, they went further and commented that conversations alleged by Mr Q to have taken place, did not in fact take place. In other words, he was a liar.

The ruling was not a good day for the Quitongo family and I’m not sure they’d relish you reminding the world of its findings.

Just now, Diamonds02 said:

Can only speak for myself here but for me I don’t mind the Morton support at all. More just the fact that your manager may be the most unlikeable man in football atm.

Have you ever seen an interview with Jim Goodwin?

Just now, Chippyminton said:

Have you ever seen an interview with Jim Goodwin?

He’s up there I’ll give you that but the video of him having a go at our female doctor from today just gives him the edge imo

58 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

He was having a right go at the Airdrie Doctor at what appeared to be half time. Despicable character, but obviously us "nice" Airdrieonians have requested the post be removed to save his embarrassment and I would assume he's already apologised.

Horrible little club. Get it round ye 

IMG_4712.jpeg

Just now, Diamonds02 said:

He’s up there I’ll give you that but the video of him having a go at our female doctor from today just gives him the edge imo

I didn't see it and I have no idea what's happened - so I can't really contribute any opinion on something I know nothing about. But whatever happened is likely to been a fairly typical 'heat of the moment' Imrie outburst. He's a passionate bloke who hates losing - sometimes too much maybe. Goodwin, on the other hand, is a fake, political schmoozer who'll always make the necessary excuses and blame everyone/everything because he knows the DUFC board are watching and he understandably values his paycheck.

Posting before catching up on previous pages. In the end I think we deserved the win and edged most of the game. Certainly the hesitance of Morton's two centre backs was so bad in that opening but Todorovs shot was so fierce. Hard to tell if Mullen might have got to it. Airdrie dominated that opening spell and Telfers shot was a thing of beauty.

Morton did come back into it and a great couple of saves and saving tackles kept the lead. There was a minor chance for Muirhead but I relaxed at half time.

The third goal from a corner looked like ending it but  the subs by us and by Morton let the nerves return. It was a great run by Quitongo to get the goal but I don't think our defence was under pressure.

I don't really know what happened in the stramash but the experiences Referee dealt with it well. 

Obviously a great three points for us and surely 45 points will be safety! Third and fourth still on edge for several sides, and nerves over 9th place. Mental league