Dundee v Motherwell - 6th April

3 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

If they'd just delayed kickoff against rangers until later on that same day (assuming the Dundee official who said it would be fine to play later that afternoon was right) then it wouldnae really matter, would it? They'd be able to play this game in the coming week if Dens isn't playable on Saturday.

Of course, we just had a midweek there during which the Dundee v rangers fixture could have easily been played, too. That would have also taken the pressure off any potential rescheduling of this fixture. 

Said the same thing at the time. They could've arranged the dundee rangers game for 2nd or 3rd, but they imagine the uproar if they did that and rangers went on to lose the OF on Sunday with celtic having a free midweek. 🙄🙄

4 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Fucking Celtic's rain covers?

Fucking disgusting.

We've gone full St Mirren. 

Appalling behaviour. 

2 hours ago, Swello said:

although the bowling green of the past few years has noticeably gone downhill a bit this winter. 

Aye, I saw stats that from October to January there had been something insane like over 3 metres of rain falling in the Motherwell/Wishaw area. Even this weekend alone by the time it's done there will have been the same amount of rain this April than there was for the entire month of April last year. 

That and the Livi game where it pissed it down the entire time haven't helped it.

Edited by StAndrew7

15 minutes ago, Cedrics Mighty Well Army said:

Live update from Dens: game on!

image.jpeg.fbba6dec566fe06470d784400fd00b37.jpeg

That’s quite clearly Carlisle United’s ground.

Spoiler

I recognise the houses in the background.

6 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

:lol: Yes, it is indeed not Dundee's fault that they are about to have their fifth match postponed this year due to weather.

I think you'll find it's the 3rd in 2024 if it's cancelled

Apparently takes a couple of hours to lift the covers away so presumably they start that at 9am to allow for an inspection at 11am which means that if its raining that's 6 hours of rainfall onto an already sodden pitch.

Hopefully I'm wrong but I can see a late late call off if the rain keeps up tomorrow.

Any decent local games on if that turns out to be the case?

8 minutes ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

I think you'll find it's the 3rd in 2024 if it's cancelled

That's about a quarter of your fixtures in that timeframe tbf.

I still think Dens is going to be ruled unusable by the SPFL for next season unless you shell out a fortune to try and get it sorted as quickly as possible.

Be very Dundee if everything's looking rosy then it all goes to shit as your owners have to spank millions meant for the new stadium fixing Dens, or charge you all £500 for a season at Tannadice. 

10 minutes ago, santheman said:

Apparently takes a couple of hours to lift the covers away so presumably they start that at 9am to allow for an inspection at 11am which means that if its raining that's 6 hours of rainfall onto an already sodden pitch.

Hopefully I'm wrong but I can see a late late call off if the rain keeps up tomorrow.

Any decent local games on if that turns out to be the case?

There’s only meant to be light rain tomorrow morning, stopping for an hour at 11  

If the covers have done their job, that’ll be onto a pitch that is, ostensibly, playable.

2 minutes ago, The Master said:

There’s only meant to be light rain tomorrow morning, stopping for an hour at 11  

If the covers have done their job, that’ll be onto a pitch that is, ostensibly, playable.

The rain has been a lot lighter today as well - certainly nowhere near as heavy as I expected it to be.

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The rain has been a lot lighter today as well - certainly nowhere near as heavy as I expected it to be.

Looks like Edinburgh hogged it all then. Skelped doon all day and still going. 

They shouldn't have declared the pitch on Thursday if an inspection is needed tomorrow morning. It would a monumentaly embarassing incident if the Ref said 'naw'. 

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Be very Dundee if everything's looking rosy then it all goes to shit as your owners have to spank millions meant for the new stadium fixing Dens, or charge you all £500 for a season at Tannadice. 

First step toward a FC United of Dundee imo. The beginning of the end.

1 minute ago, STFU_Donny said:

First step toward a FC United of Dundee imo. The beginning of the end.

Renting Tannadice is probably cheaper than upkeep of Dens, so Nelms/Keyes would likely be delighted, especially as it being "forced" by the nasty SPFL would help them keep fans on side after making that decision.

Be a shame if that's how Dens exits Scottish football really.

6 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Incredibly unlucky to have completely localised rain directly above Dens park and no-where else in the country, five times.

That really is just bad luck, I guess.

👀 Dundee posting this is brilliant tbh

GKVzUYGWYAA9Gow.thumb.jpeg.3907aa92ee142258f51f72af7152ee53.jpeg

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Renting Tannadice is probably cheaper than upkeep of Dens, so Nelms/Keyes would likely be delighted, especially as it being "forced" by the nasty SPFL would help them keep fans on side after making that decision.

Be a shame if that's how Dens exits Scottish football really.

I remember when we shared with ICT for a season, the pitch was a right mess after being played on every week. 

It’s not really a viable solution for more than one season. 

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That's about a quarter of your fixtures in that timeframe tbf.

I still think Dens is going to be ruled unusable by the SPFL for next season unless you shell out a fortune to try and get it sorted as quickly as possible.

I don’t think that will be the case but I guess we can revisit that later this year and see who is correct.

4 minutes ago, STFU_Donny said:

I remember when we shared with ICT for a season, the pitch was a right mess after being played on every week. 

It’s not really a viable solution for more than one season. 

Pitches have moved on considerably since then.  Now interwoven hybrid pitches and lamps that create summer growing conditions in the bleakest of mid-winter