Best Squad in the League vs The Championees

5 minutes ago, Owsley 2 said:

A little unfair, it's not always pish. We have had four 5-0 wins and a 5-2. Losing at home to Annan and drawing with Edinburgh at a time when they were getting humped every week was inexcusable. Losing to a decent side like Alloa less so.

Dropping further points at home to Kelty and Montrose both of which are ones directly on Rankin for poor game management is also inexcusable imo.

Going out of the Scottish cup at the first hurdle after getting a favourable tie and somehow failing to get out of the Betfred cup group after putting ourselves in a great position is another couple of black marks against his name this season.

You can genuinely count on one hand the amount of times he’s changed games for the better while there are countless failures through poor subs or refusal thereof alongside poor set ups.

Really if we fail to get through the play offs I’d let him go. If we get through them we’ll just be calling for his head partway through next season again when we are near the bottom.

Who’s Ben Williamson, why is he going all Kevin Keegan in the press and why is “the most buzzing (he’s) ever been for a game” coming against a Falkirk side that have already romped to the title?

3 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Who’s Ben Williamson, why is he going all Kevin Keegan in the press and why is “the most buzzing (he’s) ever been for a game” coming against a Falkirk side that have already romped to the title?

Even if Accies win today, which is eminently possible, we'll be 'Och that's a nuisance' then shrug and move onto the next leg of our valedictory circuit.

4 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Only quoted as he’s the ex Sevco star……..allegedly……..odds on in my book for red card trying to take out a real star , Dylan Tait 

37 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

He has a connection to one of the Arse Cheeks so platforming his opinion gives our sporting press yet another reason to mention 'Rangers'.

(Is he saying anything 'controversial'? If so get it on the changing room door)

Edited by Ned Nederlander

17 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Hitting every branch of the “failed OF starlet” tree on his way to Darvel or Johnstone Burgh. 

Given the first hand experience we've had over the last few years I don't think any Falkirk fan should be telling Hamilton fans Rankin shouldn't be sacked unless they're on the wind up (which I appreciate some are).  

They watch their team every week, they know the ins and outs and there are red flags all over the shop.  Being unable to handle Dylan Tait being a prime example along with the tales of horrendous substitutions and poor football.  

We've seen it up close with a few recent managers and doubt we'd have been up for sticking with M&M or McKinnon longer (for example) so they could have an opportunity to learn!  

Not all replacement managers are as shit as the one's we got either.  Doesn't always mean the club turns to mush.  McCall would have them promoted in no time.  

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

42 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

I’m pretty Ill so I’ve a free ticket for Falkirk end tonight. Can send by email if you want it. 
pissed off this will be the only game in 10 years I’ll miss. 

Get well soon mate.

4 hours ago, Balde Bairn said:

You could still get promoted so he certainly hasn’t failed. This is beyond self entitled. Falkirk is the second best team to play in this division but you expect Rankin to surpass what Sevco did in the league. It’s just ludicrous.

His target was to amass 80 points - that's on the record from fans forums. He cannot achieve this ergo he has failed to achieve his target for a second consecutive season.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Just now, Ranaldo Bairn said:

If you finish second on 75 points or whatever and go up via the playoffs he will have succeeded.

If we finish on 75 points he'll still have missed his target, though. Which is a fact.

I'd still punt him if we go up.

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

If we finish on 75 points he'll still have missed his target, though. Which is a fact.

I'd still punt him if we go up.

I'd imagine promotion was his number 1 target!

Number of points very much a minor consideration.

4 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I'd imagine promotion was his number 1 target!

Number of points very much a minor consideration.

Winning the league was the target tbh, and matching Dunfermline's total from last season was chosen as a (realistic tbh) total that would achieve that.

He's managed neither.

The club were very quick to use the points total as his KPI in defence of him when he was still on track to hit that but probably not win the league.

Promotion is not a word that has ever been used this season as a target or aim. Because it is the absolute minimum expectation from the backing and investment he's received.

Not getting promoted would represent complete failure not just a missed target.

4 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

You'd have thought he would have kept quiet given a midfield 3 of Spencer, McGinn and Oliver dominated him in the Partick league cup game this season.