Ayr ⚫⚪ vs Morton 🔵⚪ - 09/04/24

Met Office reckon the rains to go off anytime now and stay off tbf. All the makings for a dreadful game of football.

Absolutely no idea how we should be lining up here. Starting 11 on Saturday was more or less as everyone wanted and they've let us down big time. Broadfoot (somewhat correctly) been scapegoated but I'm not sure O'Connor has been much better, with Alan Power he either looks like prime Xavi or a caravan-towing Michael Miller, Robbie Crawford been quietly poor for weeks, Cammy Blues been anonymous for a long time as well. Just can't replace all of these players, here's hoping Dougie has it all worked out.

29 minutes ago, Ferguson said:

Met Office reckon the rains to go off anytime now and stay off tbf. All the makings for a dreadful game of football.

Absolutely no idea how we should be lining up here. Starting 11 on Saturday was more or less as everyone wanted and they've let us down big time. Broadfoot (somewhat correctly) been scapegoated but I'm not sure O'Connor has been much better, with Alan Power he either looks like prime Xavi or a caravan-towing Michael Miller, Robbie Crawford been quietly poor for weeks, Cammy Blues been anonymous for a long time as well. Just can't replace all of these players, here's hoping Dougie has it all worked out.

That name just screams Ayr United COVID season to me. 

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

That name just screams Ayr United COVID season to me. 

To me it screams a majestic strike from outside the box against Peterhead to seal the League One title in 2015-2016.

Everything else the boy did - or didn’t do - in a Morton shirt has blurred to nothing.

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

Will be surprised if this game is on.

That was my thinking this morning. Golf courses are all puddles, the roads are terrible and I've driven past a drain which is overflowing.

Now the sun is out and I'm more optimistic. Still holding off on getting my tickets for now...

1 minute ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

To me it screams a majestic strike from outside the box against Peterhead to seal the League One title in 2015-2016.

Everything else the boy did - or didn’t do - in a Morton shirt has blurred to nothing.

Aye, I'm convinced that's the only time he touched the ball in a Morton shirt.

Mullen

French Baird O'Connor Waters

Gillespie Wilson (if fit)

Quitongo Muirhead Garrity

Oakley

Would be my preferred lineup after Saturday. Power, Blues, Broadfoot, and Crawford all needing benched after a string of poor performances. Sadly that defence is the only alternative and sounds like we may have seen the last of Strapp in a Morton jersey :( 

13 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Morton are on a honking run and we are certain to beat them*

*if you don’t factor in the fact that for 4 months, Morton’s only wins were against us this season. 

They're going to Airdrie us, aren't they?

Clean sweep of wins.

Edited by Richey Edwards

Clarke

McAllister  Stanger  McGinty  Musonda

Chalmers  Dempsey  Smith  Murphy

Dowds  McKenzie

Subs: Albinson, Sanders, Tomlinson, Donnelly, McGeady, Guthrie, Bryden, Willoughby, McRoberts

Hoping Musonda is back and can come in for Sanders and go to left back. Ideally one of Syla/McHugh are available, but just no idea if they will be.  Worry for me is Brown firing McGeady into centre mid, sure he played there in a closed doors game v Motherwell.

1 hour ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

He scored a double (both headers from corners) on his league debut against QOS and I thought we’d found some sort of secret weapon. Can’t remember a single thing he did outside of that. 

I distinctly remember being absolutely baffled that David Hopkin loaned him out when we only had about three midfielders at the club. 

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes, Morten winning tonight, and Scott Brown complaining about the fucking wind again.