Meh-tov and Sidib-meh versus Kilmarnock 13/4/24

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

New billionaire owner announced and on the pitch before kick off, thump Killie with Sidibeh bagging a hat trick, away home knowing we're a top flight side looking up again.

Job done.

Not a billionaire by the looks of it, but  wealthy  enough hopefully.

48 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Bit early, who's going to sit in a stand for four days. 

Well played. 

If we play as we can, we'll steamroller the plucky Saintees.

However, we're more than capable of reverting to hoofball and imploding. Hopefully it's the former and we're treated to a #toffee #boxoffice display at Meh-cDiarmid. 

52 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Not a billionaire by the looks of it, but  wealthy  enough hopefully.

Aye apparently has a lot of money behind them and talk of moving stadium isn't true, more wanting to upgrade McDiarmid and it's suites.

32 minutes ago, Fide said:

Well played. 

If we play as we can, we'll steamroller the plucky Saintees.

However, we're more than capable of reverting to hoofball and imploding. Hopefully it's the former and we're treated to a #toffee #boxoffice display at Meh-cDiarmid. 

We've not steamrollered anyone away from home in about 2 years except a rank rotten Dundee Utd. 

We've drawn our last 4 away league games, going to a place we never seem to do well at, in front of a big away crowd, with the hosts coming off the back of a vital away win.

"All the hallmarks..."

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We've not steamrollered anyone away from home in about 2 years except a rank rotten Dundee Utd. 

We hadn't came back from 2-0 down at halftime to absolutely ragdoll a team until we played St Mirren. 

Theres a lot not to like about, but hoping to blow us away feels naive. Nobodies scored more than twice against us other than Celtic or Rangers since MacLean was sacked.

And in the same timeframe only those two, plus yourselves and Hearts, have conceded less in the league.

Screenshot_20240409_191322_Chrome.thumb.jpg.88b51ab3bb2067a2eaafa27875f58f4d.jpg

Goalscoring the issue but even then it's almost a goal a game with the new strikers in the squad.

A hell of a lot riding on this one - a Killie win, coupled with a St. Mirren loss to Celtic and fourth place is basically ours to lose. Even a draw (given our away form) coupled with a St. Mirren loss isn't bad from our perspective, but it would be amazing to go and do the business to really cement fourth place.

I suspect Levein will have Saints up for this after last weekend's win against Hibs, and I expect a stuffy game. Could end up being a bit like Saturday's match in terms of playing style. I won't be going up to Perth, but I'm glad to see a big away support will be there. Why Saints didn't start off with just the north stand for away fans I don't know, but ultimately it doesn't really matter too much as everyone who wants to go should hopefully be able to get tickets one way or another.

2 hours ago, Andy_K_97 said:

A hell of a lot riding on this one - a Killie win, coupled with a St. Mirren loss to Celtic and fourth place is basically ours to lose. Even a draw (given our away form) coupled with a St. Mirren loss isn't bad from our perspective, but it would be amazing to go and do the business to really cement fourth place.

I suspect Levein will have Saints up for this after last weekend's win against Hibs, and I expect a stuffy game. Could end up being a bit like Saturday's match in terms of playing style. I won't be going up to Perth, but I'm glad to see a big away support will be there. Why Saints didn't start off with just the north stand for away fans I don't know, but ultimately it doesn't really matter too much as everyone who wants to go should hopefully be able to get tickets one way or another.

We sell main stand first,as that’s where the wheelchair access,impaired vision commentary,and personal assistant for food  and drinks, are housed,hope that helps 

5 hours ago, Andy_K_97 said:

Why Saints didn't start off with just the north stand for away fans I don't know, but ultimately it doesn't really matter too much as everyone who wants to go should hopefully be able to get tickets one way or another.

Apparently it's because you've not required the North Stand allocation, as you've not sold out the Main Stand allocation, any time in almost 20 years.

You get the Main first, as all clubs do, due to it being built for wheelchair access while the North isnt.

5 hours ago, Andy_K_97 said:

I agree. Killie fans should be in the North Stand. That way they can reminisce about Tommy Burns' lob bouncing over the bar.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Apparently it's because you've not required the North Stand allocation, as you've not sold out the Main Stand allocation, any time in almost 20 years.

Well that's not true. We were split over the two stands in more than one occasion recently. 

Also, we only started getting punted into the main stand maybe 10 years ago so no idea where you got 20 years from. 

2 hours ago, The Marly said:

I agree. Killie fans should be in the North Stand. That way they can reminisce about Tommy Burns' lob bouncing over the bar.

I still have nightmares about this now, how we lost that match I will never know!  Ended up in the home section after our bus was late and the away end was full.

Personally, I'd always want away fans in the North stand, but as others have said, the main is opened first as it has the disabled facilities and as it needs to be open anyway, it's more cost effective. Saints ask each club for an expected travelling support and if <c900 is communicated, then main only. More and it is main plus North. Suspect Killie indicated that it would be 1,000ish, so Saints will have decided to sell main first and do as they have done, open the North after that. Tbh, I doubt Killie will sell that much more, so might only be a few fans in the North anyway.

I'd expect that in any upgrades of McDiarmid, will incorporate a disabled section in North stand, but as it stands, it's not currently needed.