Airdrie v Dunfermline

Another close encounter of the recent spell between Airdrie and Dunfermline.

Two form teams although I think having the better goal difference leads me to being optimistic.

Think I've predicted a narrow home win but I'd not be fazed with a draw. Just glad we've done well given all the natural concerns at the start of the season. 

15 minutes ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

To be fair if McPake hadn’t instructed the groundsmen to dig holes in the pitch Dunfermline might’ve won the original match that was postponed.

So a win on Saturday to all but secure 4th will absolutely be the moral victory.

I'd forgotten just how many craniums that detached in Airdrie, very funny. 

I think Airdrie should get thier groundsman to dig a hole in our pitch, surround it with mud, fill the hole with water, and claim the undersoil heating has failed. After all the team has a few injuries and has played quite a few games recently so would benefit from a weekends rest. Midweek rearranged games are also 'our thing' recently too. 😉

3 minutes ago, parsdaft said:

Isn’t the South Stand behind the goals? Bit of a weird one if it is as I don’t think we’ve been in there before?

IMG_4739.png

They had the Ayr fans behind the goals on their last home visit, wasn't sure if it was a one off, but seems to be a new thing that larger away attendances will be behind the goals.

28 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

They had the Ayr fans behind the goals on their last home visit, wasn't sure if it was a one off, but seems to be a new thing that larger away attendances will be behind the goals.

That’s a tad annoying, much prefer viewing the game from the side of the pitch as opposed to one end behind the goals. 

2 hours ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

To be fair if McPake hadn’t instructed the groundsmen to dig holes in the pitch Dunfermline might’ve won the original match that was postponed.

So a win on Saturday to all but secure 4th will absolutely be the moral victory.

No chance, our team was absolutely gubbed at that stage. Just prolonged the defeat although I thought we played not bad in the rearranged game, just shite in both boxes.

1 hour ago, parsdaft said:

Isn’t the South Stand behind the goals? Bit of a weird one if it is as I don’t think we’ve been in there before?

IMG_4739.png

Hopefully we get put behind the golas opposite next time to complete the set of being in every stand.

Airdrie are the form team in the league for the last wee while but McPake does seem to handle them better than most. We are also in form and I can see a narrow win either way in this one.

8 hours ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Smashing. I'm sure you can look at that imminent 4th place trophy on your mantelpiece after McCabe hightails it to Motherwell or St Johnstone or some other mob.

See you the morra.

1-2. Chris Kane to get all 3 goals.

Edited by da_no_1

40 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Smashing. I'm sure you can look at that imminent 4th place trophy on your mantelpiece after McCabe hightails it to Motherwell or St Johnstone or some other mob.

See you the morra.

1-2. Chris Kane to get all 3 goals.

Yassssss

2 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Smashing. I'm sure you can look at that imminent 3rd place trophy on your mantelpiece after McCabe masterminds back to back promotions.

See you the morra.

2-0. Toddy to get all goals.

FTFY

I always feel like Indiana Jones off to punch some Nazis every time I go to Airdrie.

Forgot the hat and whip though and my dad isn't Sean Connery.

Edited by DA Baracus

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

I always feel like Indiana Jones off to punch some Nazis every time I go to Airdrie.

Forgot the hat and whip though and my dad isn't Sean Connery.

Always had you pegged for Aqua's Dr Jones as opposed to Speilbergs...