Kelty vs Stirling

Not sure whether i'm looking forward to my first ever trip to Kelty.

massive need to bounce back after conceding an awful lot of goals in the last couple of games. 

I can't fail to see how there won't be changes from last week's starting lineup. 

I'm a big fan of Ross McGeachie but whether it's fitness related i don't know but it feels he's had a lot of games where he hasn't been up to his usual standard. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cummins start at RB. we don't really have the resources to make other changes to the defence. if you play Crane at LB then who do you play as a defensive midfielder?  

I expect Blair Currie to get a chance to atone for last week's nightmare. 

in midfield, i have no idea other than i'd expect McPake and Crane to start. i'd happily sacrifice a striker and have Banner and Crane sit with Leitch/Cooper just ahead and then McPake and Offord wide. 

Spence up front for me if Carrick still isn't fit ( i assume he won't be as he took no part in warm ups on Saturday). Hilson never looks like scoring.  Spence works just as hard and i at least feel confident he'll take a chance if it comes his way. 

i don't see any of the 3 hooked at half time last week starting anyway. none of them could have any complaints.

Really hope to see a big reaction after last week. they shouldn't be short of motivation either with what's at stake. I expect both QOS and Annan to win this week so it's important we take something. 

Think you've been peeking at my tactics board Mr Watters!  My doubts are RB, LB and AM. Cummins at RB but thought about Crane at LB too as Clark had a stinker, mind you the whole defence was poor. I'd go with Spence too and I'm 50/50 on the keeper after a bad few weeks.

Could this be a hairband free line up with Leitch & Milne dropped?

lineup.png

You will be glad to hear DC training this week & should be available Saturday if no setbacks 

I agree with BC to remain in goals...I'm hoping his bad luck in doses of 3 are over after Annan & Cove away & Alloa last week my starting 11

1... Currie 

2... Cummings 

3.... Clark 

4.... Mcgregor 

5.... McLean 

Midfield 4...

Rudi/Moore RM 

Cooper & Crane CM

McPake  LM 

2 Upfront 

Offord & Carrick 

Subs Banner,,Leitch,, Weir,,Hilson,, Rudi or Moore,, McGeachie,,Spence 

Lewis Milne in the pie shop until his contract runs down 

Big game upcoming,,big players needed,,voices need heard on the park & sidelines,, leadership & desire to perform,,be brave,,plenty of dig,,composure on the ball & take it to them,,be bold & brave & have a go 

C'mon the bino's 🇵🇪 💪 

Edited by Beepee67

9 minutes ago, Beepee67 said:

You will be glad to hear DC training this week & should be available Saturday if no setbacks 

I agree with BC to remain in goals...I'm hoping his bad luck in doses of 3 are over after Annan & Cove away & Alloa last week my starting 11

1... Currie 

2... Cummings 

3.... Clark 

4.... Mcgregor 

5.... McLean 

Midfield 4...

Rudi/Moore RM 

Cooper & Crane CM

McPake  LM 

2 Upfront 

Offord & Carrick 

Subs Banner,,Leitch,, Weir,,Hilson,, Rudi or Moore,, McGeachie,,Spence 

Lewis Milne in the pie shop until his contract runs down 

Big game upcoming,,big players needed,,voices need heard on the park & sidelines,, leadership & desire to perform,,be brave,,plenty of dig,,composure on the ball & take it to them,,be bold & brave & have a go 

C'mon the bino's 🇵🇪 💪 

That's a lot of attack minded players for a key away tie when we've shipped 9 in the last two games.

Are you actually Darren Young?

13 minutes ago, Beepee67 said:

Lewis Milne in the pie shop until his contract runs dow

Which side of the counter though - buying or selling? I'd like to see Moore again but he wasn't even on the bench. Rudi hasn't impressed (yet) but good to hear DC back. It's a very quiet team I agree. Need leaders all over.

We are a decent team going forward 

I know that i have Crane as the only holding midfield...but I'd expect Moore & Rudi to tuck in out of possession, same with Cooper 

I can't see Leitch or McGeachie starting on Saturday....Milne won't start again IMO he's had far too chances & i continue to stick by my thought's he's maybe a decent player in another team but for us he's a player in a team with no position for him....Hilson i think has also been a disappointing signing.... 1 goal between the pair of them isn't enough for me..

I like Spenny alot...my best position for him is an impact striker..taking over from Carrick after 60 mins on his comeback 🤞 

15 minutes ago, SA45 said:

Which side of the counter though - buying or selling? I'd like to see Moore again but he wasn't even on the bench. Rudi hasn't impressed (yet) but good to hear DC back. It's a very quiet team I agree. Need leaders all over.

Moore wasn't available on Saturday 

Milne selling the pies...chained to the counter so he can't escape & sneak onto the bench 🤣

I actually enjoy other's opinions, it's great to have a bit of passion,, I actually think some people feed off the gloom & negativity,, out on a limb but i still don't see Annan finish above us,,that's my main reason for my confidence we will be ok 👍 

I have belief in the lads 💪 🇵🇪

Edited by Beepee67

6 minutes ago, Beepee67 said:

Moore wasn't available on Saturday 

Milne selling the pies...chained to the counter so he can't escape & sneak onto the bench 🤣

I actually enjoy other's opinions, it's great to have a bit of passion,, I actually think some people feed off the gloom & negativity,, out on a limb but i still don't see Annan finish above us,,that's my main reason for my confidence we will be ok 👍 

I have belief in the lads 💪 🇵🇪

There's a lot I'm not happy with but I don't think now is the time to be venting and time to get behind the team and show we deserve to be in this league. I think there's an element in our support that wouldn't mind being back in L2.

If the worst happens, at least say we tried our best (fans and players) not like some of the surrenders against FFC, HA and Alloa. 🇦🇹 🥁 🎺

20 minutes ago, SA45 said:

There's a lot I'm not happy with but I don't think now is the time to be venting and time to get behind the team and show we deserve to be in this league. I think there's an element in our support that wouldn't mind being back in L2.

If the worst happens, at least say we tried our best (fans and players) not like some of the surrenders against FFC, HA and Alloa. 🇦🇹 🥁 🎺

Agreed 👍 

I'm desperate for us to stay in League 1.....i want us to be a good hardworking team & prove that we belong here,,consolidate in time & look to progress again 

Play a better brand of football against bigger teams 

No disrespect but I've done the trips to Peterhead, Elgin, Stranraer & i dont really want to be doing them in League 2 again,, if said teams get promoted then well done 👏  bring it on in League 1 .... the league i want my team to be in 

Hard work, desire, leaders, willingness to keep going 💪

Keep the faith  

C'mon the bino's  🇵🇪 

Edited by Beepee67

2 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

Agreed.

Desperate to stay in league one.

I do still have confidence we can do it.

👏👏👏👏👏👏

Together on & off the park 

C'mon the bino's 🇵🇪  💪

I get emotional like many others at times,,but at times like this when we are wanting them to perform on the park we need to back them off the park also 

We can do this lads 💪

Sure to be a good game ,we will want to atone for last game and hopefully same starting line up as last week as strongest we have at the moment if Corbett still out , never know which Keltys going to turn up though 

11 hours ago, Beepee67 said:

I can't see Leitch or McGeachie starting on Saturday....Milne won't start again IMO he's had far too chances & i continue to stick by my thought's he's maybe a decent player in another team but for us he's a player in a team with no position for him....Hilson i think has also been a disappointing signing.... 1 goal between the pair of them isn't enough for me..

I'll predict that Leitch will start along with Milne. I don't know what it is, but if you look over the course of the season, it's clear that Darren Young sees them as vital players in the side and won't be seen without them. Cooper should have replaced Leitch some time ago (in the eyes of the fans I know) but never has, and Milne probably wouldn't have made as many appearances as he has done either. I don't like being critical of our players, but it's hard not to be with those 2 (and if they read this, then prove me wrong) yet Young continually starts them, so I predict both will start again on Saturday and will produce the same kind of performance that supporters have become used to.

I think Geeks and Hilson will be on the bench though. Have spoken about Hilson in the Alloa thread, and don't want to repeat myself. Like everyone, I love Geeks and hope to see him become a 1 club man, he'll give you all he has but at times that's not enough at this level. It's a much of a muchness between him and Scouse at RB, but I suspect Scouse will come in for him after he was taken off at Half Time on Saturday, and to be fair on Scouse, he did well when he came on and made a good few runs where the ball should have been played out to him but it never came.

10 hours ago, WattersIsGod said:

Desperate to stay in league one.

Likewise. Promotion last season was more of a relief than anything (for me) and I'm in no rush to go back. What's a clubs natural level?? I suppose it could be argued on many levels, however I see ours as being here in League 1 and I think it's a travesty to the club and to the city when we are in League 2, so I'm desperate to stay. What I would say though, is that if you take Falkirk away from the league and you  introduce Arbroath and maybe Inverness, then attendances aren't much bigger than League 2 next season....so I suppose that's the bright side if it does happen. 

attendance wise we hold our own in this league even with the inevitable drop off from the end of last season. we're 4th in average home attendances behind Falkirk, Hamilton and QOS and second in average away attendances (which either indicates an above average travelling support or everyone wanting to go and watch when the Binos come)

i don't think it's unreasonable for us to want League One to be our natural level. 

i don't see Milne starting. he was definitely one of Darren Young's favourites earlier in the season but he seems to be on a shorter leash now. Leitch will no doubt start as he always seems to when fit. Cooper never seems to get the same trust. 

its not that they are bad players. i just think they are not being put in positions to succeed. Both are too slow to chase and harry. Milne knows it and his solution is to hold off and not press too aggressively and get done for pace. Leitch has a propensity for diving in and making late tackles simply because he's too slow to get there in time . they are both better players with the ball than without and we just have far too many of them. 

21 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

attendance wise we hold our own in this league even with the inevitable drop off from the end of last season. we're 4th in average home attendances behind Falkirk, Hamilton and QOS and second in average away attendances (which either indicates an above average travelling support or everyone wanting to go and watch when the Binos come)

Good one!

image.gif.15fe8bd8387c37b584060866ecef1212.gif

4 hours ago, WattersIsGod said:

i don't think it's unreasonable for us to want League One to be our natural level. 

i don't see Milne starting. he was definitely one of Darren Young's favourites earlier in the season but he seems to be on a shorter leash now. Leitch will no doubt start as he always seems to when fit. Cooper never seems to get the same trust. 

its not that they are bad players. i just think they are not being put in positions to succeed. Both are too slow to chase and harry. Milne knows it and his solution is to hold off and not press too aggressively and get done for pace. Leitch has a propensity for diving in and making late tackles simply because he's too slow to get there in time . they are both better players with the ball than without and we just have far too many of them. 

Attendance wise Stirling quite rightly should be top 4 as is a City after all but with draw of the old firm just along the road it surely effects you guys a lot , I know it effects us at Kelty knowing of at least a good  hundred and more  leaving our village every other week to watch them , just wished folk would watch their local teams as would produce more wealth where it's really needed 

7 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Attendance wise Stirling quite rightly should be top 4 as is a City after all but with draw of the old firm just along the road it surely effects you guys a lot , I know it effects us at Kelty knowing of at least a good  hundred and more  leaving our village every other week to watch them , just wished folk would watch their local teams as would produce more wealth where it's really needed 

it's something that's bugged me forever. probably more leave the area to watch the Old Firm than come to Forthbank. 

our attendance goes up a little during good times but soon falls away again. 

Stirling certainly should be a big enough place to support a club in League One. 

26 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Totally agree with you 👍 

Bigger attendances would be greatly appreciated but that's outwith our control, what we can do is create a good atmosphere, fan friendly club, open & welcome to all.

I follow my team home and away weekly & wouldn't swap it...we have lots of ups & downs but I've witnessed those throughout the years... the old firm just isn't for me,, i can't change others opinions 

But every 2nd Saturday i get that buzz entering Forthbank & on away days from Galabank to Kelty on Saturday...hoping & praying for a bino's victory 

Win,lose, or draw i will still be there the following week with the same hopes of a victory 

C'mon the bino's 🇵🇪 💪 

I just love watching us , win, lose or draw (no so much losing) , walking into our tidy wee ground which from 40 year ago when I went to my first Kelty game is a world apart but the feelings still the same, from watching boys your dad would be having pints with in the club to watching what we have now still gives me the same buzz on a Saturday , put your hand out and you can touch the players and as often seen in the good old days supporters sticking their legs through the railings to trip a player up awe the banter , you can stick the so called big teams up your erse for me 😂😂