14 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

It was quite strange seeing both sets of players falling to their knees at full time as if we’ve both been relegated. 

Well weird, like they had both lost out on champions League final in extra time, rather be embarrassed for the shite that  they had both dished up for over 90mins and most of the season.

Wonderful stuff here.

Sums Hibs as a club up that when the news came through that they'd finished their own season by conceding a goal from nowhere in the 94th minute, it was met with only slight chuckles, knowing smiles, and shrugs of familiarity at a tale foretold.

Of course they had. It's who they are. I love them dearly.

Edited by VincentGuerin

33 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Wonderful stuff here.

Sums Hibs as a club up that when the news came through that they'd finished their own season by conceding a goal from nowhere in the 94th minute, it was met with only slight chuckles and knowing smiles and shrugs of familiarity and a tale foretold.

Of course they had. It's who they are. I love them dearly.

You’re a bad man 🤣🤣

6 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

You’re a bad man 🤣🤣

The good Lord, in his infintite wisdom, saw fit to bless the Italians with excellent cuisine, the Swiss with a handy banking system, the Austrians with stunning scenery.

And he blessed the Hearts with the best derby rivals he could create.

Edited by VincentGuerin

Shaw should certainly have finished his chance and given VAR something to check but he looked well offside to me at the time and again from any replay I've seen. 

No one mentions Moses' terrible first touch though, if he'd taken it in his stride and not had to check back it would have been an even easier change with everyone still onside. 

Would have been a travesty for us to finish top 6 this season so can't complain at the outcome. 

4 hours ago, Pepper said:

Shaw should certainly have finished his chance and given VAR something to check but he looked well offside to me at the time and again from any replay I've seen. 

No one mentions Moses' terrible first touch though, if he'd taken it in his stride and not had to check back it would have been an even easier change with everyone still onside. 

Would have been a travesty for us to finish top 6 this season so can't complain at the outcome. 

I'm not sure what replays you've seen but it's onside.  Fortunately the last defender is holding the cut of the pitch while failing to stop the cross. Shaw is just utter humpty.

image.thumb.png.2769b1317519a6a99b084ef0e187c023.png

But on the subject of terrible football players, that lad Youan is a good laugh. Runs faster than just about anyone in the league but absolutely hopeless with a ball at his feet. 

3 hours ago, ropy said:

As much as a Shaw goal wouldn’t have affected our top six ambitions, an extra 2 points would have been handy.

Oh aye absolutely. We can't put the whole blame at his feet for our failings this season. He is a tragically bad football player, make no mistake.

I am bemused by Montgomery's post match interview on BBC. "We were 20 seconds from jubilation...". Why would Hibs be jubilant that they would simply have given themselves a chance of finishing in the top six, but still reliant on a result on Wednesday (depending on the weather forecast)?

11 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I am bemused by Montgomery's post match interview on BBC. "We were 20 seconds from jubilation...". Why would Hibs be jubilant that they would simply have given themselves a chance of finishing in the top six, but still reliant on a result on Wednesday (depending on the weather forecast)?

Jubilant for making the top six is tin pot as f**k too.  The guys a p***k, blaming what happened before he came in on the poor season.  His job was to get the best out of the players that wee brent wasn't.  He's failed miserably and should be packed back to summer bay. 

39 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Johnson would probably have had Hibs in the top six.

Never mind.

Top six means f**k all if you don't make Europe.  We don't deserve either.

8 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

St Mirren's form is shite. Making top six would probably have meant making Europe.

Our form is shite also and we have lost to them twice already and haven't beaten them.  File it under unlikely.