Not safe yet Ayr Vs. On the brink Arbroath

Ayr broke their win one lose one streak on Tuesday and seem to have came out of the shitslump of terrible performances and are walking slowly to safety. Injuries have meant there are a few players playing out of position and it didn’t hurt us too much against Morton. Obviously that doesn’t mean it’ll work two games in a row. 

Arbroath have a chance to kick off a Hail Mary on Saturday so it could be a nervy afternoon. 

Surely to f**k well win this? It’s our only game left against a team currently below us and Queens Park play Inverness. 

0-0 with no shots on target, no bookings and 3 players injured for both teams. 

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Not sure ‘Hail Mary’ covers us pulling back 12 points and 30 plus goals on the team above us with 4 games to play to be completely honest. 

Lost track a little, who are you likely to play in defence if Little and O’Brien are out? 

For us, we actually have some options in the forward positions which is a nice change. 

Brown bingo for the team again possibly.  Argument to start the same 11 from Tuesday, however would be surprised to not see McAllister back in, but would either be at the expense of Stanger or Sanders.  McHugh possibly if he has overcame his injury in place of McKenzie.  

20 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Lost track a little, who are you likely to play in defence if Little and O’Brien are out? 

For us, we actually have some options in the forward positions which is a nice change. 

I mean our goalkeeper changes every other week so not sure who the hell will be lining up at the back. 

Basically - it is more or less 3 points guaranteed for you. We’re on our holidays and preparing for a major rebuild in a league down 

We would need to win every game by about 4 or 5 goals with ICT also losing by 2 or 3. Bare in mind that we had ONE single effort on goal last Saturday.

Like a dying dog, just put us out of our misery please, thank you.

Clarke 

Stanger   Sanders  McGinty  Musonda

Dempsey   McHugh 

Chalmers        Amartey          Murphy 

Dowds 

This please 🙂

39 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Same team as Tuesday with Murphy in for Chalmers.

Has to be this.

If McHugh is fit to start I’d bring him in as well for McKenzie. 

Yeah McHugh and Murphy in for me too. 

Just win Ayr, just win. A big step towards just getting this season by. QP play ICT so a chance to increase the gap over 1 or both.

I'll be sorry to see Arbroath go tbh. 

Only right Arbroath kick off the farewell tour from one of the best away days to another

Please feel free to donate the 3 points to your seaside cousins, 1-0 will do, and please don’t kick us too much, we break easily x x x

If Ayr win, what result is best for us in the other game? Inverness defeat or a draw. Probably the worst result would be an Inverness win. 

A draw would mean a better chance at a higher placed finish for the £££ but that wouldn’t be guaranteed. An Inverness defeat would put 7 points between us and them with 9 still to play for, meaning we could afford to lose 2 of the last 3 games if worst came to the worst. 

Hopefully Thistle and Dunfermline will be on holiday by the time we play them anyway. 

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Was hopeful this was going to be Jim’s last stand but it looks like he’s here to stay. 

From an outsiders point of view, he’s inherited a team that has been Dick Campbells project for an eternity that he had struggled to get a tune out of and only had a Christmas window to get players in. 
He’s an experienced manager and deserves a pre-season to put his own mark on the team and try and build it up again. 

But I’m not watching him Every week. He may well be yesterdays man, like Duffy or Hughes and has no idea how to manage in this environment. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

From an outsiders point of view, he’s inherited a team that has been Dick Campbells project for an eternity that he had struggled to get a tune out of and only had a Christmas window to get players in. 
He’s an experienced manager and deserves a pre-season to put his own mark on the team and try and build it up again. 

But I’m not watching him Every week. He may well be yesterdays man, like Duffy or Hughes and has no idea how to manage in this environment. 

It’s torture to watch and he stands there with hands in his pockets on the side. His interviews are also nonsense. I definitely want him away but he’s here to stay so need to get behind him 

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Not sure ‘Hail Mary’ covers us pulling back 12 points and 30 plus goals on the team above us with 4 games to play to be completely honest. 

This is where the term “event horizon” becomes applicable.

17 minutes ago, Iain said:

Not sure I agree with dropping Chalmers. Think he scored and played well the last time we faced Arbroath.

Yeah, this - plus if Arbroath look to sit in and counter we need players that can create things. There isn’t any point having Fraser Bryden on the pitch in that scenario, with Chalmers on the bench. 

9 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Clarke 

Stanger   Sanders  McGinty  Musonda

Dempsey   McHugh 

Chalmers        Amartey          Murphy 

Dowds 

This please 🙂

Aye. A win here and we’re almost home and dry. Would like to see us starting with the 3 of Chalmers, Amartey and Murphy. Would probably swap Amartey and Murphy about though. 

5 hours ago, Iain said:

Not sure I agree with dropping Chalmers. Think he scored and played well the last time we faced Arbroath.

Aye, Chalmers is a confidence player. He wasn’t great on Tuesday night but don’t think dropping him at this stage of the season is correct thing to do particularly if we’re hoping to keep him.