Dandies v those Dastardly Dees

The first half was okay, but the second half was terrible, perhaps influenced by the wind. Dundee bringing on three strikers and then Motherwell scoring switching to a more defensive strategy was disappointing for the game, haha. Fear for us in the Semi Final now.

Well done Dundee getting in the top 6 - well deserved and good to see the Doc do well.

Edited by betting competition

We started well enough, especially with Duk's running causing Dundee issues and incurring three bookings, but once Dundee got to grips with him then they were the superior team - as they have been in all three games against us now, in fairness. We needed a bit of luck and Dundee profligacy in the second half to get out with a point, and it was probably a point more than we deserved. I can't say anybody was particularly good for us, but I thought McCowan was particularly impressive for Dundee and they moved the ball well, looked like a team with a good mix of physical and technical qualities at times. 

It's poor from Shinnie at the end, but basically captures our lack of control and general rashness in microcosm.

Duncan hasn't played a lot of football lately, and I don't want to single him out because nobody was good for us, but his performance from the bench with the exception of one half-decent cross was one of the poorest I have seen from an Aberdeen player. He finished last season really promisingly under Robson as an understudy for Shinnie and Ramadani respectively, but he looks broken right now.

I wouldn't have minded Phillips getting some minutes, especially as he is the most natural replacement for Shinnie next week. I suppose he hasn't been out for too long so could still start, but surprised we didn't chuck him on for ten or twenty minutes at the end when Shinnie was clearly running on empty.

More broadly, I suppose it is four unbeaten, but variance has caught up with us over the last couple of games after maybe riding our luck a little bit to narrowly beat Motherwell and County, and we were fortunate not to lose today. Still not a good team, still not well coached, and absolutely deserve to be where we are in the table. If anything, the attacking patterns have disappeared since Warnock walked away, and the defence remains as fragile as ever despite somehow having three clean sheets in the last four games. 

29 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

We started well enough, especially with Duk's running causing Dundee issues and incurring three bookings, but once Dundee got to grips with him then they were the superior team - as they have been in all three games against us now, in fairness. We needed a bit of luck and Dundee profligacy in the second half to get out with a point, and it was probably a point more than we deserved. I can't say anybody was particularly good for us, but I thought McCowan was particularly impressive for Dundee and they moved the ball well, looked like a team with a good mix of physical and technical qualities at times. 

It's poor from Shinnie at the end, but basically captures our lack of control and general rashness in microcosm.

Duncan hasn't played a lot of football lately, and I don't want to single him out because nobody was good for us, but his performance from the bench with the exception of one half-decent cross was one of the poorest I have seen from an Aberdeen player. He finished last season really promisingly under Robson as an understudy for Shinnie and Ramadani respectively, but he looks broken right now.

I wouldn't have minded Phillips getting some minutes, especially as he is the most natural replacement for Shinnie next week. I suppose he hasn't been out for too long so could still start, but surprised we didn't chuck him on for ten or twenty minutes at the end when Shinnie was clearly running on empty.

More broadly, I suppose it is four unbeaten, but variance has caught up with us over the last couple of games after maybe riding our luck a little bit to narrowly beat Motherwell and County, and we were fortunate not to lose today. Still not a good team, still not well coached, and absolutely deserve to be where we are in the table. If anything, the attacking patterns have disappeared since Warnock walked away, and the defence remains as fragile as ever despite somehow having three clean sheets in the last four games. 

Aw Duncan was honking. Felt sorry for him. Absolutely no confidence at all and the crowd was on his back immediately.

Needs a loan.

Just now, DukDukGoose said:

Aw Duncan was honking. Felt sorry for him. Absolutely no confidence at all and the crowd was on his back immediately.

Needs a loan.

That moment when he received the ball in front of the dugouts, with space to charge into, but kind of stopped dead, stumbled over the ball and then gave it away. I burst out laughing, unfortunately. Must have wanted the ground to swallow him up. 

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

That moment when he received the ball in front of the dugouts, with space to charge into, but kind of stopped dead, stumbled over the ball and then gave it away. I burst out laughing, unfortunately. Must have wanted the ground to swallow him up. 

Then the right foot pass that almost cleared the Mainer not long after it!