Last time Livingston were at Tynecastle they stank the place out with a display so defensive that even a cartoon version of Craig Levein would have thought it was a bit much. 

Hearts had 77% of possession, 24 Shots, 10 on target (Livi had three and zero) and played 667 passes but it took until the 79th minute for Vargas to get the goal

That was a long and frustrating afternoon for Hearts fans, and we won so it must have been even less enjoyable for the visitors

Hopefully this is going to be better, but I might take a book just in case

14 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Last time Livingston were at Tynecastle they stank the place out with a display so defensive that even a cartoon version of Craig Levein would have thought it was a bit much. 

Hearts had 77% of possession, 24 Shots, 10 on target (Livi had three and zero) and played 667 passes but it took until the 79th minute for Vargas to get the goal

That was a long and frustrating afternoon for Hearts fans, and we won so it must have been even less enjoyable for the visitors

A sell out home crowd too, what short memories we've all got.

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I was there too, aye it was chronic, we had a lot of injuries and had just conceded a load of goals to Killie and Dundee, so i can see why Martindale was so defensively set up, but it was eye bleedingly bad watching it.

52 minutes ago, CharlieWhisky said:

Another one I’d rather we lost so we can be relegated and remove any vain hope of survival from even the happiest and clappiest of Martindale happy clappers.

f**k that, could never want my team to lose, whether we're relegated sooner then later makes no difference to me, i still want us to win any game we play.

Martindale wont be leaving unless he wants to anyway, so wanting us to lose makes no sense, Ward aint sacking him.

1 hour ago, CharlieWhisky said:

Another one I’d rather we lost so we can be relegated and remove any vain hope of survival from even the happiest and clappiest of Martindale happy clappers.

Bet we hear this weekend again whether its Match Day 31, 5, 37 we will continue to fight for our safety 😂 

I doubt even the most optimistic Livi fan can see getting anything from this; A team low on confidence and form; makeshift in every area. We also only have half the bench and those we do have are mostly academy players.

Ross County have proven Hearts defense can be suspect but they're  at home and Shankland (our nemesis) is meant to be fit.

My heart hopes for a 0-1 bore-fest but my head thinks it will more likely be 3-0.

10 minutes ago, Aylo vanal said:

Livi fans not a fan of DM? I think he's done well for years, outside looking in but I'm not sure what livi fans expect.

A lot of it is, this season his signings have been awful (in part due to the budget being cut 30% from last season's). Guys like Devlin that have the experience and should be doing better have been awful. We've been shite at the back all season. Couple that with his tactics this season that have seen us go on runs where we hadn't won a game in about 15, didn't have a shot on target in 3 straight games and a record of missing crucial penalties or throwing away games. He's been at fault for being stubborn, but you need to caveat it with the fact that the lowest budget in the league then went on to be cut further.

He's a bit of a victim of his own success too, some fans just assumed that top 6 is 'our place' and we should be fighting for it every year. Again, probably credit to the work he's done previously. IMO he should get until December this year to see how he turns it around in the Championship. 

Think we are making the budget cuts up. Ward recently said (on X) the budget was £1.8m but some say £1.2. What is it?

Where do you get the 30% is that made up or just a number plucked from the air? 

25 minutes ago, Aylo vanal said:

Livi fans not a fan of DM? I think he's done well for years, outside looking in but I'm not sure what livi fans expect.

It's more his off field involvement than his on field progress.

No other SPFL manager has the influence that Martindale seems to have at Livi. Thats the problem and the big issue that generally has the fans split.  The lack of overall club governance means we are stuck in this position until Martindale wants to change it.

23 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

A lot of it is, this season his signings have been awful (in part due to the budget being cut 30% from last season's). Guys like Devlin that have the experience and should be doing better have been awful. We've been shite at the back all season. Couple that with his tactics this season that have seen us go on runs where we hadn't won a game in about 15, didn't have a shot on target in 3 straight games and a record of missing crucial penalties or throwing away games. He's been at fault for being stubborn, but you need to caveat it with the fact that the lowest budget in the league then went on to be cut further.

He's a bit of a victim of his own success too, some fans just assumed that top 6 is 'our place' and we should be fighting for it every year. Again, probably credit to the work he's done previously. IMO he should get until December this year to see how he turns it around in the Championship. 

Yeah he's made a lot of strange decisions this season, like not playing Brandon but sticking Nouble in as a FB, not giving Anderson a decent chance to get some sort of form but sticking with Nouble who'd been shite for over a season now. Even playing Guthrie over Anderson, who at best is a plan B hail Mary type player to throw on when you just need something from a long ball launched up the pitch. Also when he's played Guthrie he hasn't given him any support, a guy who'll win headers and knock ons all day but nobody up there for him to knock the ball to. MacKay out for a spell when we signed him too, and now MacKay and Brandon have been 2 of our best players, offering us a decent attack going forward. 

Lost his mojo this season and has lost the plot for how to get it back. Injuries in defence hasn't helped but he's made too many poor decisions in team selection, and formation trying to compensate and it has left us struggling to have any goal threat. 

Our defence needs scrapped for next season, too many are injury prone, and slow as f**k when they do play.