Partick Thistle 🔴🟡Vs Airdrieonians ♦️♦️

Big game for both sides in the race for 3rd place.

Airdrieonians on a rich run of form including a Challenge Cup win. They have even improved on their away form and will be full of confidence after seeing off Dunfermline today.

Thistle have been on a steady run of form but missing depth and now an automatic starter in Lawless. Today's bench against Raith was threadbare.

Impossible to be confident of a prediction but I'm hopeful we can get another win at Firhill, in a no doubt close and feisty affair.

Should be a bumper crowd with some pre and post match shenanigans from the respective firms. 

10 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Should be a bumper crowd with some pre and post match shenanigans from the respective firms. 

zimmers on stun.

Edited by thisal

The £90k game TM

My already very low hopes of going up through the playoffs evaporated with Lawless' injury but the extra dosh for finishing 3rd could make a difference next year in a league where there's unlikely to be a prohibitive favourite like there has been for the past few years.

Edited by Fuctifano

5 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

The £90k game TM

My already very low hopes of going up through the playoffs evaporated with Lawless' injury but the extra dosh for finishing 3rd could make a difference next year in a league where there's unlikely to be a prohibitive favourite like there has been for the past few years.

Also, no obvious whipping boy at the bottom. 

Its going to be tight, tight as a tiger.

10 hours ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Also, no obvious whipping boy at the bottom. 

Playoffs pending, I've still fingers crossed for a Montrose away day. Though aye, it's looking like a much more even league next season.

15 hours ago, Pride of Fife said:

Three games to kick shit into each other. Each challenge you make should be full blooded with intent to hurt. Red cards and suspensions are fine so longs you cause damage to opponent.

Hopefully balanced up by a bit of lazy arsed muscle atrophy in Raith .

17 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Assuming the prize money has went up this year as it is as only 75k of a difference last season?

SPFL Media Watch did a spreadsheet last season that suggested it was £90k gross. Their pinned Tweet has the final numbers.

It's got this season's figures tabbed on its Twitter account: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e5A-1txobxW548SF2-4IpwkmqP156qydOfxYBANAUM8/edit#gid=0

Looks like £100k gross this year, or thereabouts, for the difference between 3rd and 4th.

Obviously, that's not the full picture, not least because most Clubs' player bonus structure will likely eat into this. So the net impact will be smaller (probably closer to  £70k depending on other related assumptions).

But your £75k figure isn't right. It was last that in 2019-20. The figures are calculated as a percentage of the prize pot, and the total prize pot is bigger now than it was then. So whilst the proportions haven't changed the absolute gap in pounds and pence has.

3 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

SPFL Media Watch did a spreadsheet last season that suggested it was £90k gross. Their pinned Tweet has the final numbers.

It's got this season's figures tabbed on its Twitter account: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e5A-1txobxW548SF2-4IpwkmqP156qydOfxYBANAUM8/edit#gid=0

Looks like £100k gross this year, or thereabouts, for the difference between 3rd and 4th.

Obviously, that's not the full picture, not least because most Clubs' player bonus structure will likely eat into this. So the net impact will be smaller (probably closer to  £70k depending on other related assumptions).

But your £75k figure isn't right. It was last that in 2019-20. The figures are calculated as a percentage of the prize pot, and the total prize pot is bigger now than it was then. So whilst the proportions haven't changed the absolute gap in pounds and pence has.

Funnily enough I noticed that spreadsheet not long after I had posted here as I had linked it in the Airdrie thread. 

The good news for us at least is that we're looking at a fourfold increase in prize money this season even if we finish fourth. Good chance to kick on as a result.

From a Raith perspective I’m vaguely hoping for a Partick win that might derail Airdrie’s current momentum. Other than that can you expect too much from 2 teams who will be playing each other in the playoffs in a few weeks? 

1 hour ago, mrpaddyx said:

From a Raith perspective I’m vaguely hoping for a Partick win that might derail Airdrie’s current momentum. Other than that can you expect too much from 2 teams who will be playing each other in the playoffs in a few weeks? 

We played both Ayr and QP in the last few games of last season. Apart from anything else, you want to try and get a psychological advantage before going into the playoffs. 

I see a draw in this one, I equally see potentially 2 draws in both play off games with extra time and penalties eventually splitting the teams. At that point who knows. What I do know though is we have such a thin squad compared to last years play offs and will be playing much tougher opposition. It would take a miracle for us to beat Airdrie and Raith over 2 legs each and then the premier team with essentially no bench. Forgive me for being in play off mode already because to me personally at this point I am not that bothered about a 3/4th finish but I do understand the money aspect is important to the club. A win would make us favourites in the play offs you would have to say though on the back of 2 home wins and 2 away draws with your lot. 

1 hour ago, Doolan9 said:

I see a draw in this one, I equally see potentially 2 draws in both play off games with extra time and penalties eventually splitting the teams. At that point who knows. What I do know though is we have such a thin squad compared to last years play offs and will be playing much tougher opposition. It would take a miracle for us to beat Airdrie and Raith over 2 legs each and then the premier team with essentially no bench. Forgive me for being in play off mode already because to me personally at this point I am not that bothered about a 3/4th finish but I do understand the money aspect is important to the club. A win would make us favourites in the play offs you would have to say though on the back of 2 home wins and 2 away draws with your lot. 

I think we lost the 1st game at Airdrie ?

Winning the playoffs would be a miracle, but it would be nice to end the season on a good run, ideally maximising the cash coming in as well, so hopefully we put maximum effort in to this and aren't already playing mind games for what comes next.