Partick Thistle 🔴🟡Vs Airdrieonians ♦️♦️

Can only repeat the positive spin we're all trying to put on it. A reality check, but also if we'd won or drawn we'd have almost been obliged to go for 3rd, whereas now we can forget it and focus on getting players fit for 3 weeks time. McCabe has shown he can learn from things so hopefully today gives us prior warning of what to expect and prepare for it. If we have Ballantyne, Frizzell and McCabe available and the rest well rested I'm still confident we'll give Partick a really good game.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

11 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Can only repeat the positive spin we're all trying to put on it. A reality check, but also if we'd won or drawn we'd have almost been obliged to go for 3rd, whereas now we can forget it and focus on getting players fit for 3 weeks time. McCabe has shown he can learn from things so hopefully today gives us prior warning of what to expect and prepare for it. If we have Ballantyne, Frizzell and McCabe available and the rest well rested I'm still confident we'll give Partick a really good game.

Today means nothing as far as the play off's go but, in saying that, it was good to give you a proper doing!

Gutted Stanway had to come off, one of his better games for us.

O'Reilly looks decent, albeit from a cameo.

Milne... bloody hell. Off form a bit after his injury, but won 99% of his challenges the day and a threat going forward too. Looks bang at it now.

Boing boing.

Happy Diack took his goal well. Fitzpatrick superb for his goal, ran a long way, round the keeper and confidently slotted home. Airdrie could easily have been 1-0 up with a bit of composure and all, but Mitchell sharp at the 1v1.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

I did predict we'd lose today and it turned out that way largely from being unable to take the one really good chance we had in the first half. We all know how important the first goal can be and once Thistle broke through with Fitzpatricks clever run and finish, it looked odds on a Thistle win. Clearly I'm less than impressed with some dodgy defending but credit to Thistle for being clinical, and deserved win as they dominated the second half. 

Rhys will need to look at the open nature of our play but the play offs will be quite different ( I hope)

I was nervously looking at the Dunfermline score but it was a relief just to be in the play offs : that's the one plus from today and the overall season.

At least we were not kept back at the end and most of us stayed till then.

Edited by Chapelhall chap
Spelling

Thought we had the better of the 1st half, although Mitchell had to make 3 or 4 saves in the last 10 minutes or so to keep the scores level. We might have had one or two ourselves too. 2nd half we just took complete control at the start and could have scored more than 3 in the 1st 20 minutes. From a team that lost 13 goals in 4 games in February, we have now just lost 3 in the last 7 - one a penalty and one in injury time when the game was already won. And today there were blocks getting made from just about everybody.

2 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I did predict we'd lose today and it turned out that way largely from being unable to take the one really good chancewe had in the first half. We all know how important the first goal can be and once Thistle broke through with Fitzpatricks clever run and finish, it looked odds on a Thistle win. Clearly I'm less than impressed with some dodgy defending but credit to Thistle for being clinical, and deserved win as they dominated the second half. 

Rhys will need to look at the open nature of our play but the play offs will be quite different ( I hope)

I was nervously looking at the Dunfermline score but it was a relief just to be in the play offs : that's the one plus from today and the overall season.

At least we were not kept back at the end and most of us stayed till then.

It might have felt like that, but it certainly didn’t look like it from the JHS. I think I heard just under 700 Airdrie supporters, which is probably the biggest behind Dundee Utd this season.

2 hours ago, Diamond8 said:

Absolutely and hopefully stops some memes for at least a week.

Oh no no no. That'll not be happening one little bit.  In fact let's ramp it up for the playoffs 😁♦️

has to be said - glorious sunshine, a 4-0 win, and a refereeing team that were competent (only noticeable call for me was a good advantage after McInroys foul & he gave him a quiet word rather than a caution, was expecting a yellow card which looked like it'd have been justified); dont think there was a single yellow card shown?

A good days cinching.

Edit: oh, gave a wee terrier puppy that was out in a neighbouring garden a belly rub on the way back to the car and all. 😍

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

16 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

You're hoping to shit the bed in Dingwall again?

Bit weird...

We didn't shit the bed in Dingwall at all we were  cheated out of our promotion to the SPL by the demands of a play-off system very much designed to protect the SPL club and on the day by a very poor referee.

By the time we reached the 70th minutes when Walsh awarded RC a penalty kick for a handball that never was we should have been 4 goals up playing against 10 men. Walsh denied us the most blatant penalty you'll ever see and a RC player should have been given a red card for a clear lunge on Tiffoney. Walsh initially ignored the handball and gave  the penalty and red card  decisions but reversed the 3 decisions  on the say so of the VAR official. All to the benefit of RC.

According to commentators and pundits his initial decisions were correct and his  VAR 'influenced' decisions were wrong.

I was amazed we managed to get as far as penalty kicks. 

I suggest you watch the highlights and imagine its Airdrie playing RC. I would be interested in your opinion following that.

There has been over the past couple of seasons a lot of talk about football integrity well as far as the play-off system  and that particular game there was no football  integrity attached to any aspect.

14 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

and a refereeing team that were competent

Agree with this, they managed the game well. I thought the first goal was off-side at the time but not only was the player in his own half, there were two defenders in front of him at the time the pass was played.

1 minute ago, Exiledjag said:

We didn't shit the bed in Dingwall at all we were  cheated out of our promotion to the SPL by the demands of a play-off system very much designed to protect the SPL club and on the day by a very poor referee.

By the time we reached the 70th minutes when Walsh awarded RC a penalty kick for a handball that never was we should have been 4 goals up playing against 10 men. Walsh denied us the most blatant penalty you'll ever see and a RC player should have been given a red card for a clear lunge on Tiffoney. Walsh initially ignored the handball and gave  the penalty and red card  decisions but reversed the 3 decisions  on the say so of the VAR official. All to the benefit of RC.

According to commentators and pundits his initial decisions were correct and his  VAR 'influenced' decisions were wrong.

I suggest you watch the highlights and imagine its Airdrie playing RC. I would be interested in your opinion following that.

There has been over the past couple of seasons a lot of talk about football integrity well as far as the play-off system  and that particular game there was no football  integrity attached to any aspect.

Are you the owner of this flag by any chance?

dataimagejpegbase649j4gv4SUNDX1BST0ZJTEU

9 minutes ago, Exiledjag said:

Right, firstly he’s a Dundee United fan. And secondly, we were 3-0 up with 20 minutes to go and lost - we absolutely did shit the bed. 

2 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Are you the owner of this flag by any chance?

dataimagejpegbase649j4gv4SUNDX1BST0ZJTEU

No but injustice is never forgotten and I have always liked a good conspiracy theory. Don't forget we did take McLennan and Doncaster (in their guise as the SPFl) to arbitration and I am sure they didn't forget.

3 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Right, firstly he’s a Dundee United fan. And secondly, we were 3-0 up with 20 minutes to go and lost - we absolutely did shit the bed. 

Your entitled to your opinion I have another view. I

I wondered what the Dundee utd fan's reward would be (assuming you are referring to the referee) and lo and behold he was given the next old firm game.

Coincidence, probably.

48 minutes ago, Exiledjag said:

C'mon, event though we got shite decisions against us, we still did shite the bed a wee bit.

The referee didn't make us concede again about 90 seconds after the first goal.