🔴🔵 The Caley v Raith Rovers 🔵🔵

35 minutes ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Am I alone in feeling a bit meh about this game?  Matchday and canny understand why I feel like this....

It has the feel of a good pre-season friendly.  Interested to see how we set up and how the players perform but ultimately I see it as a game to get out of the way before the real stuff (i.e. the play-offs) starts.

Wry smile for me later as the reality of this game being unwatchable toilet sets in around 8mins... thinking of the neutrals tuning in like I usually do for 'morton versus ayr' or similar, and the hype for the Friday TV game withers away before the third sip of your tin. 

0 0 would be fine here really 

In terms of team news for us, Sean McAllister has returned to us from Everton after he was thought to be out for the rest of the season with injury.  

I'd expect him to start on the bench.  You might expect us to stick to the same team after winning two games in a row but Ferguson is a bit of a tinkerman in terms of his line ups so I think we might some alterations.

Raith's bottle job reminds me of our season when we were flying and top of the league and fcked it. Seemed whenever Ross County (iirc) dropped points we did as well before they waltzed it. 

As it's a TV game I'll watch it. Probably a draw

10 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Raith's bottle job reminds me of our season when we were flying and top of the league and fcked it. Seemed whenever Ross County (iirc) dropped points we did as well before they waltzed it. 

As it's a TV game I'll watch it. Probably a draw

How do you bottle a league you've barely been top of all season? 

13 minutes ago, grumswall said:

How do you bottle a league you've barely been top of all season? 

Were you not 5 points ahead at one point? I'm sure Dundee Utd had a game in hand but nevertheless, getting the win v them should have galvanised you but the fact a very meh Dundee Utd will no doubt run away with it now is damning. As a neutral I wanted to see you guys go up so it's said with no malice 😂

8 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Were you not 5 points ahead at one point? I'm sure Dundee Utd had a game in hand but nevertheless, getting the win v them should have galvanised you but the fact a very meh Dundee Utd will no doubt run away with it now is damning. As a neutral I wanted to see you guys go up so it's said with no malice 😂

We where 4/5 at one stage (can't quite remember) and no offense was taken, I just find it baffling to say we've bottled a league we've been top of for maybe 4 weeks all season. It does seem to be the narrative that utd fans are largely running with though. I'm personally blaming Ayr for injuring Stanton starting our bad run of form in december👀

20 minutes ago, grumswall said:

We where 4/5 at one stage (can't quite remember) and no offense was taken, I just find it baffling to say we've bottled a league we've been top of for maybe 4 weeks all season. It does seem to be the narrative that utd fans are largely running with though. I'm personally blaming Ayr for injuring Stanton starting our bad run of form in december👀

Bottled the chances was maybe a more apt term. How many times did United drop points and you did the same? 

That 4-4 v us was probably the start of the decline of the title challenge. We were fcking grim back then (not that we've improved much) but you did beat us at Somerset after that so we can't be blamed 😂

If we win our next 3, and utd lose their next 3, the league is ours, it's achievable. *

*put the whisky away philpy.

It's not quite a bottling, but when you consider the size of our squad and the ability to bring players in, we've made a bit of a mess of what should have been taking it to the final day at least.  

We've dropped far too many points to some sides who are pretty damn poor.

Edited by CALDERON

6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Bottled the chances was maybe a more apt term. How many times did United drop points and you did the same? 

That 4-4 v us was probably the start of the decline of the title challenge. We were fcking grim back then (not that we've improved much) but you did beat us at Somerset after that so we can't be blamed 😂

I think it was between that and drawing 2-2 against Arbroath. Stanton was out injured, and Dabrowski was playing injured until mid January. 

It's worth mentioning that over half the games this season we've played a centre midfielder at centre back. We've only lost one game against the top 3. It's all very much those last two games against Arbroath and overall against Airdrie which have cost us. Still wouldn't as such say we've bottled given there's every chance we finish with a higher point total than last season's winner.