Scottish Cup final, Celtic v Rangers 2012, Hampden Park. 25th May

Follow follow is absolute gold. Despite not getting a penalty against them (which was a stonewaller) and their 'goal' bring chopped off (which was a foul) they've somehow been robbed by the Catholic, Tim, anti-***, conspiracy against them. Its laughable. 

10 hours ago, gannonball said:

TBF for a 3rd choice Norwich striker he was a bit of a find. He might have done too well and priced us out now though.

TBF you could really pick anyone from a mid-table EFL Championship team and they'd be great in Scotland.

Cantwell is the same. It doesn't miraculous levels of scouting to get a player from a better league.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

TBF you could really pick anyone from a mid-table EFL Championship team and they'd be great in Scotland.

Cantwell is the same. It doesn't miraculous levels of scouting to get a player from a better league.

Not really imo there's plenty who have been shite up here and vice versa. I'm not disagreeing that the English championship is a higher standard though to the SPL* though.

Also Cantwell is an absolute weapon and Clement clearly doesn't rate him massively either. Hes fine in a team who's 2-0 up and happy to turn it on but apart from that he's a bit of a passenger for me. Obviously totally different players and positions but Idah's been the guy for us to get us going rather than ticking us over. 

Edited by gannonball

36 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Not really imo there's plenty who have been shite up here and vice versa. I'm not disagreeing that the English championship is a higher standard though to the SPL* though.

Also Cantwell is an absolute weapon and Clement clearly doesn't rate him massively either. Hes fine in a team who's 2-0 up and happy to turn it on but apart from that he's a bit of a passenger for me. Obviously totally different players and positions but Idah's been the guy for us to get us going rather than ticking us over. 

Self burial of our league, love to see it. The championship player of the year came up here a few seasons ago and got absolute dog walked by a wee boy from Accies.

On 25/05/2024 at 11:19, Molotov said:

It’s utter bullshit and for decades favours the Old Firm. 

Hampden Park should be a completely neutral venue for cup semi finals and finals.

Home and away dressing rooms should be based on the toss of a coin.

The fans should be allocated the area that is geographically closest to their home village/town/city. 

The SFA, the SPFL and the police are complicit in agreeing to the demands of these two clubs at the detriment to the rest of Scottish football. 

Whoever wins the coin toss should choose. If a non OF team gets to Hampden several times during a period they may feel they have a lucky side if they were to win a few games with fans at one end. If they lose the coin toss then that's fair but it shouldn't be dictated to them what end they are in when one of the OF are involved. 

It is cringy as anything that only 2 teams get 'a side'

22 hours ago, gannonball said:

TBF for a 3rd choice Norwich striker he was a bit of a find. He might have done too well and priced us out now though.

22 hours ago, AJF said:

If he is to stay, I hope Norwich rinse you for a fortune, respectfully.

Difference is that the two OF clubs are operating at different financial levels and different operational models.

Celtic could afford to spend big on this player but they won’t jeopardise the future of the club. 

The longer Celtics dominance in the domestic league goes on the harder it’s going to be for Rangers to compete on and off the park.

This season was a massive opportunity for Rangers to capitalise on a poor performing Celtic team.

The Rangers players in that squad let you down big time as getting CL football could have allowed you to try and catch up with Celtic.

I can only see Celtic improving their squad next season and becoming far better than this year.

10 minutes ago, ahemps said:

Whoever wins the coin toss should choose. If a non OF team gets to Hampden several times during a period they may feel they have a lucky side if they were to win a few games with fans at one end. If they lose the coin toss then that's fair but it shouldn't be dictated to them what end they are in when one of the OF are involved. 

It is cringy as anything that only 2 teams get 'a side'

It is basically the SFA, SPFL and the police ignoring over a century of bigotry and sectarianism in our national game.

It’s fcuking pathetic and shameful.

52 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Difference is that the two OF clubs are operating at different financial levels and different operational models.

Celtic could afford to spend big on this player but they won’t jeopardise the future of the club. 

The longer Celtics dominance in the domestic league goes on the harder it’s going to be for Rangers to compete on and off the park.

This season was a massive opportunity for Rangers to capitalise on a poor performing Celtic team.

The Rangers players in that squad let you down big time as getting CL football could have allowed you to try and catch up with Celtic.

I can only see Celtic improving their squad next season and becoming far better than this year.

They are, and it has been that way and will remain that way for a while. I’m not expecting a permanent move for Idah changing anything despite what he may cost.

The only thing I’d add to your post though, is that while it may be unlikely given the teams we’d need to beat, we can still qualify for the CL. And if we did, we would receive more income from it than Celtic would given our European coefficient is better than theirs. So, it could be a bit of a lifeline, I just don’t really see it happening though.

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

They are, and it has been that way and will remain that way for a while. I’m not expecting a permanent move for Idah changing anything despite what he may cost.

The only thing I’d add to your post though, is that while it may be unlikely given the teams we’d need to beat, we can still qualify for the CL. And if we did, we would receive more income from it than Celtic would given our European coefficient is better than theirs. So, it could be a bit of a lifeline, I just don’t really see it happening though.

With the current squad of failures and jokers I can’t see you qualifying for CL group stage fitba. Sorry I should have mentioned that.

It would take an immense amount of effort by Clement to turn that sorry rabble into winners in the qualifying rounds. I’m not saying it’s not possible but it seems unlikely.

It would be great to see all the clubs doing well in Europe to boost our coefficient but the reality is that the quality of our domestic league is much poorer now than it was many years ago.

15 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Follow follow is absolute gold. Despite not getting a penalty against them (which was a stonewaller) and their 'goal' bring chopped off (which was a foul) they've somehow been robbed by the Catholic, Tim, anti-***, conspiracy against them. Its laughable. 

‘Dignified Silence’ is not working for Sevco. Their board needs to go on the attack. They need to speak out against spfl/refs/media/clubs/the world

14 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Is he? Thought Cantwell was crap TBH

Posted (edited)

Late but how I seen it.

Our penalty claim - When I seen the replay I thought we'd get a penalty. Now..... I don't think Davies knows anything about, or could do anything about it given the speed of the ball and late change of direction, but...... I've no idea how handball works anymore. I don't think we deserve a penalty for that but (to my eyes) they've generally been given this season.

Disallowed goal - Rangers can't complain too much, although I thought Hart was weak.

Happy to win the cup and complete the double - although I think we've stumbled across the line this season. I don't think the first choice starting XI's are miles apart, but we have superior depth and it will take Rangers seasons or millions to catch up with that.

Overall we are in a better place than Rangers, but I'm concerned with Rodgers in the transfer market (he wasn't great last summer) and what Clement might do with his own players.

Edited by Raab