🦨🦨 Dunfermline v The Caley 🔴🔵

13 minutes ago, Heaton said:

So did we set up and play not to lose same as last week? I was nervous ASF watching to see if ICT scored. Had that happened....fucksake

I wouldn’t say we particularly did to start with but it became increasingly clear we were playing shit and to take the point as the game went on, so we ran into the corner etc late on

15 minutes ago, Heaton said:

So did we set up and play not to lose same as last week? I was nervous ASF watching to see if ICT scored. Had that happened....fucksake

100%.

I'd resigned myself to 9th at best in February so any outcome higher than that will do.

Awful style of football tho.....if you can call it a style. I knew both these games would be like that. Nervy and indecisive. Limited attacking intent. Next season has to be better at home. Folk are losing interest.

Need to get this summer right. A repeat of last close season will be unacceptable. 

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

100%.

I'd resigned myself to 9th at best in February so any outcome higher than that will do.

Awful style of football tho.....if you can call it a style. I knew both these games would be like that. Nervy and indecisive. Limited attacking intent. Next season has to be better at home. Folk are losing interest.

Need to get this summer right. A repeat of last close season will be unacceptable. 

Aye there's definitely a good chunk of the support who are becoming increasingly impatient with the plodding, cautious, poor fare from McPake's teams. 

We need to be much more attacking, aggressive and cavalier next season. A significant turnover in the squad is needed and a new forward thinking ethos required. If not then McPake may be fortunate to be here come January.

Goodwill only goes so far, and whilst a lot of folk are probably OK (albeit not exactly happy) with writing this season off, they won't accept the same next season, and nor should they.

We all want the best for the club, and sometimes that means being ruthless and making the hard decisions to loyal folk, regardless of role. 

Strange game. Our shape was strange. 352 but the wide men were very narrow and delivery was shocking. Kerr didn't have pace to ever go at his man. Samuel is such a handful. 

was freezing in the stand and then left and outside was fairly warm 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Goodwill only goes so far, and whilst a lot of folk are probably OK (albeit not exactly happy) with writing this season off, they won't accept the same next season, and nor should they.

Aye, there are some at the club who don’t seem to particularly like fan pressure and if they don’t like it now they are in for a very big shock at what’s going to come if we perform at the same level again next season.

Edited by parsforlife

49 minutes ago, Tartan Dave said:

Strange game. Our shape was strange. 352 but the wide men were very narrow and delivery was shocking. Kerr didn't have pace to ever go at his man. Samuel is such a handful. 

was freezing in the stand and then left and outside was fairly warm 

Main stand gets zero sun so will always be a tad chilly if the weather isn't warm enough.

15 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Aye, there are some at the club who don’t seem to particularly like fan pressure and if they don’t like it now they are in for a very big shock at what’s going to come if we perform at the same level again next season.

Yup, and those are among the many who we need to move on. Loyalty from the League One champions was (mostly) rewarded but if McPake maintains that standard then many should be 'rewarded' with a handshake and farewell.

Edited by DA Baracus

23 minutes ago, North West said:

McPake will go in the summer and a new manager brought in. That's my prediction. The team have given up, why is that I wonder?

Bold. Can't see it.

Get that back three slow passing stuff in the bin. I hate that formation and style. KRH is lost playing that RWB role but McPake is obessed with this awful set-up. I genuinely don't understand why he continues to play that way. We have been much better to watch as a 4-2-3-1 and had much better results but he migrated back to his usual guff.

My patience is running thin with him. Would happly see him replaced if it came to it. 

I do think his done enough to continue next year but there has to be big improvements in style and results.

Edited by Chubbychops

Hosler and Todd are probably our only genuine match winners? The ones that can create or get us a goal with a bit of magic but they are stifled by the system the manager adopts.  He needs to fix that 

this season has been brutal to watch. To be fair so was last year but masked because we were winning 

Edited by Well over Par

He's reverts to the back 3/5 to try and not to lose the game. Rather than go out to win and get the fans on side, his fear of losing the game took over.

I just hope next season we start with the back 4 and look to go on the front foot, especially at home to get the crowd going. Otherwise we'll be in the same boat next season and he can GTF.

Edited by Heaton

15 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

What happened?

I wonder if your match yesterday was as poor quality as County's away to Livinston?

2 hours ago, Well over Par said:

Hosler and Todd are probably our only genuine match winners? The ones that can create or get us a goal with a bit of magic but they are stifled by the system the manager adopts.  He needs to fix that 

this season has been brutal to watch. To be fair so was last year but masked because we were winning 

For Hosler I do think if he could be encouraged to run onto the ball more often (obviously players need to play good balls into the channels) but he seems to prefer a ball into feet every time which doesn't help stretch the game and attack quickly.

However he is obviously so much better wide in an attacking 3 that should only play RWB in an emergency.

14 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye there's definitely a good chunk of the support who are becoming increasingly impatient with the plodding, cautious, poor fare from McPake's teams. 

We need to be much more attacking, aggressive and cavalier next season. A significant turnover in the squad is needed and a new forward thinking ethos required. If not then McPake may be fortunate to be here come January.

We all want the best for the club, and sometimes that means being ruthless and making the hard decisions to loyal folk, regardless of role. 

End of day, football has to be entertaining, helps bring new supporters thoroughly watching an exciting match. Yesterday both teams lost!

Shocked at the aggressive shite from the teenage crew Livi fans, balaclava on 1 when there is County children walking past. Piss off!

Disgracefull behviour! Police, CCTV I'll be googling in future. Even Rangers, Celic and ICT fans better behhaved. (Friendly derby in the Highlands. Best of derby is County v ICT of them all!).

Very disappointing result, obviously.  The first half we started with some pressure and got a few set pieces around the box but soon reverted to the aimless, plodding style of short passing with nowhere to go that's plagued us.  Dunfermline's goal looked pretty soft for us to give away, neither side really threatened a huge ammount in the first half but free headers are unforgivable, second best defensive record or not.

The second half we seemed to respond with a little more urgency and the penalty is a massive moment in our season.  I don't like Mckay on penalties and I wasn't massively shocked when he missed but we pushed a bit more following that at least.  Pepple came on, I've heard people say that he only gets on as we are contractually obliged to play him, but he was a handful and the goal was a superb turn and great finish, really good to see.  It's just not enough though and yet another draw sinks us.

Tactically, it was the same old same.  Playing 3/5 at the back is fine but we don't seem to have any pace to link up and the wing backs didn't really support either.  Samuel had a good game, when we hit him with long balls he did a good job holding the ball but every time he was there on his own with no-one within 30 yards of him.  The guy isn't Mbappe, he can't take a long ball and beat three guys and score.  Mckay seems to play far deeper than a normal striker and spends most of his time dropping off.  He's a finisher, he should be playing up, trying to get the ball in the box.  The structure of the team seems so negative that he has to drop back to try and do something but it's not his natural role.  

I would say it's pretty doubtful that we will beat Morton on Friday night and I expect Queens Park to beat Airdrie.  The play offs are not something anyone should relish, this is absolutely NOT a team who you'd trust to win a high pressure match against a postive, motivated opponent.