Duplicating pages in threads

Dunning1874

Question

Unsure if this is somehow only happening to me or if having one all encompassing thread for each club running to thousands of pages over several years is starting to break things. It's happened a few times lately that I've been on the penultimate page of a thread, read through it, gone to the final page and every post is the exact same as the previous page.

Example below taken from the Raith thread this morning, with the same post starting each page.

Screenshot_20240427-091542_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.4268c2280f59049d03e3a1ee7c21973c.jpg

Screenshot_20240427-091558_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.1a02b56ac5b644b90c79aef26833354d.jpg

9 answers to this question

36 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Unsure if this is somehow only happening to me or if having one all encompassing thread for each club running to thousands of pages over several years is starting to break things. It's happened a few times lately that I've been on the penultimate page of a thread, read through it, gone to the final page and every post is the exact same as the previous page.

Example below taken from the Raith thread this morning, with the same post starting each page.

Screenshot_20240427-091542_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.4268c2280f59049d03e3a1ee7c21973c.jpg

Screenshot_20240427-091558_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.1a02b56ac5b644b90c79aef26833354d.jpg

I’ve had that a few times too and in random threads not just really long ones. 

32 minutes ago, PogoStick said:

Same. Also past couple of days intermittently get directed to this page when clicking on any activity.

https://forum.pieandbovril.com/admin/install/

Aye I had the same last night and had to clear cookies and temporary internet files to get back in. Holding Div personally responsible for the resultant loss of streaks in quordle and similar games.

Morning!

I've applied a micro-patch that sounds like it *might* resolve this issue, and I've also cleared all our cache.

I've logged a ticket with the developers as well as there's some strange messages in the log files that aren't usually there.

So, bear with me and hopefully I'll get this resolved.

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

I got that this morning too. Had to clear history to fix it 

I've cleared all our server side cache so hopefully that issue will be resolved. You're not the first to report that, so if it does happen to anyone after this message (Noon on Sat) please do let me know.

Not sure if it’s related, but there are occasions where using the page numbers to move to the next page (only happens when selecting next page, i.e. on Page 4, tap Page 5) will highlight the new page but show the old page on a reload. I suspect that would relate to the cache issue, but I figured I’d mention it. Very intermittent, when it occurs.