Firstscotrail Whatever The Feck They're Called

Rugster

I have now been spared a trip on the train as one of the guys from my SC is driving up to the game, and coming back a few hours after the game. I can now get a cargo for the journey up (although a 7am start is early even for me) and see the Mrs for a few hours before we come back down the road.

It's also only costing me 8 quid in petrol money for the journey there and back, saving me many pounds.

Up ye, Scotrail.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not the same guy but there is a wonderful conductor usually on the Ayr/Largs lines who is the worst case of bald denial I've ever seen, he has this incredible combover weaved mass of gray hair that looks like it hasn't been combed or indeed washed for about 25 years. It's a sight to behold.

Ha Ha, Thats Canadian Dave. Based at Ayr.

• 3 weeks later...

Noticed on my ticket today a wee notice warning me that if I didn't purchase my ticket at a station that I could be liable for a £20 fine or double fare whatever is greater.

Looks like they're trying to sneak penalty fares into their terms without announcing it...

i believe that guy is called david - he seems alright whenever i've had dealings with him.

He is the very definition of "jobsworth". He is also scum of the earth and deserves to die via a nasty hoover accident.

JOBSWORTH ALERT! There's a jobsworth on the Aberdeen - Glasgow line.

He must be about mid 60s, grey haired, really skinny as in you can see his spine through his back, he announces every other detail when arriving at a station. I was on the train and he was like an sgt. major enforcing the passengers where to put their luggage.

He must be about mid 60s, grey haired, really skinny as in you can see his spine through his back, he announces every other detail when arriving at a station. I was on the train and he was like an sgt. major enforcing the passengers where to put their luggage.

I think I know who you mean. Does he put you in mind of a disgusting version of William G Stewart of 15 to 1 fame?

If we're talking about the same person, I'm both fascinated and horrified by him in equal measure.

I think I know who you mean. Does he put you in mind of a disgusting version of William G Stewart of 15 to 1 fame?

If we're talking about the same person, I'm both fascinated and horrified by him in equal measure.

I think I know who you mean from the WGS comparison! :lol:

He is the very definition of "jobsworth". He is also scum of the earth and deserves to die via a nasty hoover accident.

listen d!ckhead, i am not a jobsworth - i work bloody hard all day, and when people like you come on acting all high and mighty, slagging off my gravity defying quiff and inexplicably lanky legs is it any wonder i am not happy at my work? maybe you should walk a mile in my shoes before you come on here criticising me....

There's a couple on that line.

Whilst most just scan my ticket, scan my railcard then do their stuff with the pen, others demand to see the reservations (for Advance tickets) and inspect everything in minute detail.

So far over the past two weeks, I've been at least 30mins late for work every day (getting the first morning train out of Dunfermline) and got so pissed off yesterday after waiting an hour in the freezing cold, hearing 3 trains in a row being cancelled and being told the next wasn't til 8am, I just went home.

The excuse? Speed restrictions between Perth and Ladybank. Here's a bright idea, arrange the rolling stock to leave from Perth earlier :rolleyes:

As for jobsworth conductors, I haven't run into any for a while, which is nice :D . In fact, it's mostly been apathic, don't give a shit, conductors on the Fife Circle service recently.

What they going to do if you refuse to pay the fine?

Cant see some conducter forcing me to forking out a score for a trip from Motherwell to Glasgow Central.

Correct, the conductor won't force you to pay :) But the courts will :(

That's the man. :)

He looks like a Bill.

He was actually alright to me on the return leg telling me there was a free table at the end of the cabin. I think, I too, am fascinated yet horrified by this well spoken man.

The conductors on the Fife circle are generally alright. Can't ever say i've had any trouble with them. What really annoys me is the fact that some of the more stereotypical Fifers are cottoning on that a train between Kirkcaldy and Kinghorn/Burntisland/Aberdour is cheaper than on the bus. And so they appear on every other train in the same way as today: Mobile phone pumping out the dire music on the second highest volume setting. One of the stupid bints then decides "This isnae loud enough tae get the full feel af it...". <_< I hate people who fail to realise that not everyone wants to listen to that pish.... :angry:<_<:(

Archived