Dees v St Mirren- the battle for European glory

31 minutes ago, LM_0803 said:

I understand where you're coming from however i don't agree with that last comment, personally. Just because we're in the top 6 that doesn't mean our standards should slip or the fans should accept such a poor performance. 

Nobody said it should be accepted. 

But that doesn’t justify the abuse that was hurled from some quarters. 

Strangely the thing I'm most pleased with is not the result, which of course is excellent for us, but that the game wasn't decided by a referee making a fool of themselves.

It will have all been said but fair fucks to St Mirren, blew us away from the first second. Great backing from your fans behind the goal too, created a great atmosphere. Loved the ‘we’re on our way’ stuff - I think Dundee fans can well appreciate how you must be feeling, fookin fantastic. 

Safe journey back to Glasgow lads and lassies. 

2 minutes ago, The Master said:

There are some fucking morons about. You and I have seen some real shite down the years. 

Big part of the day was the fact that after an hour, we needed to freshen the side up and we had someone of the quality of Baccus to call on. I've looked at many many St. Mirren benches down the years and been dismayed at what we had to call on.

Being able to introduce a boy with the quality of Baccus was brilliant. We're going to miss him.

1 minute ago, HulltoonDee said:

Deserved win, the 13 for St.Mirren was very good. Shaved head. Sign him. 

Gogic. For the longest time, I've just thought of him as a useless clogger. A brute with very limited talents but decent enough in a scrap. 

He fairly shut my puss today. Didn't lose a single header. Calmly dribbled past our attacking players when we were pressing him and was like a true leader for St Mirren at the back.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Gogic. For the longest time, I've just thought of him as a useless clogger. A brute with very limited talents but decent enough in a scrap. 

He fairly shut my puss today. Didn't lose a single header. Calmly dribbled past our attacking players when we were pressing him and was like a true leader for St Mirren at the back.

He's a good player. Also, heard United trying to get him for next season

2 minutes ago, Friskysteed said:

But we can offer him European football next season 

But we all know it’ll only be two games. 

Spoiler

49fe93.jpg?a476112 

2 minutes ago, The Master said:

But we all know it’ll only be two games. 

Reveal hidden contents

49fe93.jpg?a476112 

I don't even think that is a dig. We've seen how Scottish clubs deal with the early rounds of European competition, even when it's against "minnows" from "amateur leagues".

22 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He plays in defence for his country, yet other than his time at Hamilton I believe almost all clubs played him in midfield. After his loan spell was converted to a permanent deal, Robinson effectively said, nope he's a defender who can cover in midfield. He has been excellent in defence for us. No idea if he'll resign, the chat was he was off to another country after his loan with us, but ended up staying in Scotland. His next move is probably his last chance for a big payoff (compared to what we can offer him) and I certainly wouldn't blame him for taking that option. It may be with another Scottish team.

Manager of the Year nominee had his arse handed to him on a plate today. Tony Doc uncharacteristically magnanimous in his post match comments so fair play to him and to the Dundee fans who understand they we were well beaten by the better team today.

We know only too well that feeling when the top 6 euphoria starts to wear off when you're getting skudded every week. Hope Dundee at least pick up a couple of points...no more than though pls.

42 minutes ago, The Master said:

Despite our league position there are tits in our support that still have a go at Robinson when we have a bad game.

Teams like us and yourselves will be inconsistent. Some of us can accept that, but there are complete roasters in our support that just just don't have a fucking clue.

Anyone else notice how angry Doc was with the booing from the main stand at full time?  Did someone maybe shout something as well?

Got to say it was a very flat performance today but surely the team have got enough credit in the bank to stop fans booing like they did?

St Mirren put in a very disciplined team performance with some very good individual performances as well so  I think the booing was a bit of a disservice to St Mirren as well.  

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Seriously mate he has been pretty much like that since we signed him. Yes today he was totally outstanding but watch the likes of a view from the terrace and they have been bigging him up since his Accies days. He is an absolutely class act at this level and we have been privileged to have him, a total warrior.

Anyone wondering why our crowds aren’t increasing need look no further than today 

Slightest hint of optimism and Bang 💥 

We revert to type.

Doc should have seen after 20 minutes we were being bossed all over the pitch 

Hey Ho, sh*t happens 

Cheers to @MarbellaDEE , good meeting another P&Ber despite the outcome