Dees v St Mirren- the battle for European glory

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Gogic. For the longest time, I've just thought of him as a useless clogger. A brute with very limited talents but decent enough in a scrap. 

He fairly shut my puss today. Didn't lose a single header. Calmly dribbled past our attacking players when we were pressing him and was like a true leader for St Mirren at the back.

I thought he was brilliant for St Mirren against Rangers, a proper leader and good on the ball. 

I think today we missed Shaughnessy for exactly the same reasons but can have no complaints. 

Thank you. 

4 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

Correct...

Interestingly it was Goodwin that signed him on loan. That said, he joined Aberdeen just under a month later. Goodwin did buy him for the midfield.

Well done to St Mirren, a deserved victory today and surely now the long wait for European football will end. Stephen Robinson has done a fantastic job and the backing from the away stand was brilliant. Surprisingly I remember they took even more up to Dens Park 4 or 5 years ago on the last day when they were down in 11th, so you can't fault their travelling support. 

27 minutes ago, Buckets said:

Well done to St Mirren, a deserved victory today and surely now the long wait for European football will end. Stephen Robinson has done a fantastic job and the backing from the away stand was brilliant. Surprisingly I remember they took even more up to Dens Park 4 or 5 years ago on the last day when they were down in 11th, so you can't fault their travelling support. 

The away support numbers were shite IMO. Call it bitter or whatever you want.

As for the football a thoroughly deserved away victory from a team who looked at it from the off. We never looked capable of breaking through your set up.

Enjoy Europe.

Thank you.

11 minutes ago, mcginns said:

This boy really needs to get a grip of himself btw

I've seen him mentioned a couple of times in this thread, but I'm not sure what he was doing.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Ric said:

I've seen him mentioned a couple of times in this thread, but I'm not sure what he was doing.

He gave Hemming a full on bollocking for giving his shirt to a child in the crowd post match.

Zach gave him verbals fully back, though. The guy was an overzealous dick who nearly had a fit at Hemming because after he jumped over to hand the shirt over, a couple of supporters approached him for....brace yourself for this....a selfie.

Edited by djchapsticks

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

He gave Hemming a full on bollocking for giving his shirt to a child post match.

Zach gave him it fully back, though.

That... seems.. strange... <_< ..I mean that is hardly anything out of the ordinary.

Unless it's our kit man desperate to avoid extra costs! ;)

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

He gave Hemming a full on bollocking for giving his shirt to a child post match.

Zach gave him it fully back, though.

Did the child have a cardboard sign saying ‘Hemming can I have your shirt?’ Until I know the answer to this question, then I’ll hang fire on commenting on the white-haired gentleman’s actions. 

Was interesting that Dundee had an unwavering determination to play the ball out from the back at goal kicks today, particularly in the first half. Especially as they looked so uncomfortable doing so because of the height and intensity of our press.

The few times they did try and shell it in the first half, Gogic ate it up. As poor as they were, a lot of their errors were forced upon by us playing so high and so fast.

Olusanya is an absolute nightmare to defend against and he never, ever lets up. It's some turnaround in the guy in one season considering he had most of our support laughing at him when he came on vs Hearts in late 2022 due to how completely lost he looked and ended up punted to Arbroath off the back of it, where he also looked lost. Now, if he's not anywhere in the squad you'd be genuinely concerned.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Whilst today was an amazing result it is not done yet. 3 big games coming up. 

You are right, but also... we're effectively 7 points ahead (6 with a 9 goal difference), it would need a fairly monumental collapse from us and for them to beat Rangers for it to go all Pete Tong from here.

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Was interesting that Dundee had an unwavering determination to play the ball out from the back at goal kicks today, particularly in the first half. Especially as they looked so uncomfortable doing so because of the height and intensity of our press.

The few times they did try and shell it in the first half, Gogic ate it up. As poor as they were, a lot of their errors were forced upon by us playing so high and so fast.

I ended up listening to this on the radio, as I was on the move, but I'm sure that was Rory Loy's opinion too, "Dundee are trying to play it out from the back, and it's not working".

Edited by Ric

30 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Whilst today was an amazing result it is not done yet. 3 big games coming up. 

I wholeheartedly agree. Celebrating qualifying for Europe is premature. Dundee still only need to collect six points from their remaining three games, which is feasible. Though unlikely, we could lose all our remaining fixtures. We have a HUGE advantage now. It's in our own hands, but I will not be content until we have confirmed our place, hopefully by beating Hearts and Killie.

It's refreshing to read the Dundee fans' magnanimous posts on here. 👍

18 minutes ago, Ric said:

You are right, but also... we're effectively 7 points ahead (6 with a 9 goal difference), it would need a fairly monumental collapse from us and for them to beat Rangers for it to go all Pete Tong from here.

I ended up listening to this on the radio, as I was on the move, but I'm sure that was Rory Loy's opinion too, "Dundee are trying to play it out from the back, and it's not working".

Five points clear...

9 minutes ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

I wholeheartedly agree. Celebrating qualifying for Europe is premature. Dundee still only need to collect six points from their remaining three games, which is feasible. Though unlikely, we could lose all our remaining fixtures. We have a HUGE advantage now. It's in our own hands, but I will not be content until we have confirmed our place, hopefully by beating Hearts and Killie.

It's refreshing to read the Dundee fans' magnanimous posts on here. 👍

What else would you expect, we were well and truly pumped 

20 minutes ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

Five points clear...

Apologies, I was looking up the table not down.

The point remains roughly the same.

Apart from the obvious clowns amongst both supports, I couldn't understand why there was a wee bit of animosity had that developed between our fans.

At present we're both quite similar in terms of our ambitions, albeit the way our clubs are set up are different.

Unlike another couple of teams (not Hibs) who are currently stinking out the bottom six, we're well aware that we could be down there too, and have no divine right to be in the top six.

Respect to Dundee as they've had a very good season and have a fantastic player in Luke McCowan.

Carson can get tae though.:lol: