Dees v St Mirren- the battle for European glory

Aye, there was a Saints flag being waved by the Dee ultras and if I remember correctly, it was nicked from our lads at the last game in Paisley. Could that be the reason for the niggle, as I don’t think we have any historical animosity with Dundee- the Arabs on the other hand….. f**k em😉

4 minutes ago, Friskysteed said:

Aye, there was a Saints flag being waved by the Dee ultras and if I remember correctly, it was nicked from our lads at the last game in Paisley. Could that be the reason for the niggle, as I don’t think we have any historical animosity with Dundee- the Arabs on the other hand….. f**k em😉

The irony being that their roaring and greeting was about a certain Jim Goodwin's tackle on Scott Severin and his magnificent elbow on Stuart Armstrong.

Oh how the times change.

Almost forgot about how shite they were at taking penalties.:lol:

1 hour ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

I wholeheartedly agree. Celebrating qualifying for Europe is premature. Dundee still only need to collect six points from their remaining three games, which is feasible. Though unlikely, we could lose all our remaining fixtures. We have a HUGE advantage now. It's in our own hands, but I will not be content until we have confirmed our place, hopefully by beating Hearts and Killie.

Why do you not want to beat Celtic? Strange comment.

22 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Why do you not want to beat Celtic? Strange comment.

Thing is, if we do win those two games at home, there is a very outside but potentially real chance that we head to Parkhead on the last day of the season needing a result to overhaul Killie.

Still a lot of variables before that scenario, though.

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Thing is, if we do win those two games at home, there is a very outside but potentially real chance that we head to Parkhead on the last day of the season needing a result to overhaul Killie.

Hope that’s the scenario and we are not just going as Celtic cannon fodder on flag day.

10 hours ago, Molotov said:

What @Black_and_White_Stripes i think was implying that by winning our next two games the last game would be null and void in terms of Dundee catching us.

I wanna win them all!

Exactly this. Dundee are five points behind us, with the potential to collect nine from their last three games. Six points is needed to 100% guarantee it. Our next two games are against Killie and Hearts, so winning them ensures European football. God help us if we need to go to Parkhead and get something. Of course I'd like us to beat Celtic, in the same way I'd love us to do a domestic treble and win the Conference League next season. I hope that clarifies things for you, @Sortmeout.

10 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

That would be a great problem to have! Like you indicate, it's highly improbable that we will be in contention for fourth spot, now. That boat pretty much sailed when we blew our two goal lead at Rugby Park.

14 hours ago, MarkoP said:

Anyone wondering why our crowds aren’t increasing need look no further than today 

Slightest hint of optimism and Bang 💥 

We revert to type.

Doc should have seen after 20 minutes we were being bossed all over the pitch 

Hey Ho, sh*t happens 

Cheers to @MarbellaDEE , good meeting another P&Ber despite the outcome 

Nice to meet you too pal! I often wonder how many guys that use the forum have crossed paths with me without knowing! 

As has been said by everyone else, St Mirren were excellent and we were just not at it at all. We never looked like doing anything and it was fairly obvious where the points were going early on in the game. As classic a big game Dundee performance as your likely to see. 

I thought the St Mirren fans were absolutely outstanding and created a great atmosphere, one that surely helped their team perform the way they did. Anyone that lives down that neck of the woods and chooses to isolate themselves from the bigot brothers by supporting teams like St Mirren deserves respect IMO. 

Does anyone know what the half time draw number was yesterday? 

Thank you. 

11 minutes ago, MarbellaDEE said:

Does anyone know what the half time draw number was yesterday? 

IMG_9687.thumb.jpeg.5eea9626f5b5dfeb9a682440f561b6fb.jpeg

Given he probably won MOTM so it would not surprise me if it was 13.

53 minutes ago, Molotov said:

IMG_9687.thumb.jpeg.5eea9626f5b5dfeb9a682440f561b6fb.jpeg

Given he probably won MOTM so it would not surprise me if it was 13.

His shirt predicted correct score too.

What a man! 

No complaints about yesterday's result, St Mirren were worthy winners and full marks to Robinson for getting his team playing with such intensity and no little skill aside. They surely can't blow European qualification now. Great atmosphere at yesterday's game, proves you don't need the bigot brothers involved to create a noisy crowd.

I hope the Buddies get a favourable draw in Europe and they can progress to the second round.

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Liam899 said:

Dundee United bound I am hearing. 

Yeah, rumours going about of this, however he was 'pictured' getting his medical at Utd 2 years ago when Jack Ross was in charge and ended up signing for us a week later and twitter is full of these ITK stories like Michael O'Neill definitely getting the Aberdeen job and Blair Spittal definitely signing for us so I'd take these things with a pinch of salt generally. 

He's certainly one for keeping but Utd will throw money at him on a level that we'd be foolish to get involved at. Seen a few delusional Utd supporters on twitter claiming that they will get Gogic, Strain and Martin Boyle from Hibs in the summer but really, Gogic is the only half realistic one of those three and honestly it would need to be for a far higher wage than we are willing or able to put on the table. Robinson said there's a wage structure in place that we simply refuse to break though I have seen a few folk suggesting we chuck the six figure transfer fee that we're now getting for Declan Gallagher as a condition of Utd's promotion, directly at Gogic.

Edited by djchapsticks