Partick Thistle (4)🔴🟡⚫️ vs Airdrieonians (3)♦️

4 hours ago, Doolan9 said:

I’m surprised to see how few have mentioned neilsons performance. Fitzy was poor also but I thought neilson probably had has poorest performance in a thistle shirt or certainly one of. Was totally lost in midfield, not aware of free men around him and lost several 50/50s and headers to smaller airdrie midfielders. Eventually composed himself on the ball later in the game. 

I thought Neilson’s early booking was a large part of that. He hadn’t started well anyway but a really daft booking to get so early on and seemed a bit all over the place after that. McBeth seemed to win a lot more balls in that area than Neilson did.

4 hours ago, Claudia Gentile said:

20240508_104103.thumb.jpg.3cd6564387f2e9eee5dc9dfbddb6dc60.jpg20240508_103840.thumb.jpg.4ccf32b1e2ebfdea3e17ea9d64e0d50c.jpg

Took a couple of looks before working out whose leg was whose in the second picture.

1 hour ago, Mr November said:

I thought Neilson’s early booking was a large part of that. He hadn’t started well anyway but a really daft booking to get so early on and seemed a bit all over the place after that. McBeth seemed to win a lot more balls in that area than Neilson did.

Yep agree with that. Mcbeth has far more potential to be our enforcer in midfield than neilson does. But for whatever reason we’ve been much better defensively as a whole with the 2 swapped around so can’t really argue with it. I am huge fan of neilsons but he really is not a midfielder for me despite the fact he is a good dribbler with the ball. As you said that early yellow had him a bit rattled and I actually feared he was going to get himself sent off. He can put it right on Friday though as I’m sure he will. Hoping fitzy will likewise on a grass park.  I overall was happy with the draw last night and am still confident we can get the job done at firhill. I stand by my earlier post before the game, imo there’s not a chance we get by Raith if we do progress. We missed lawless a lot last night and no back up of tomi. Think the absence of both is what removes any very narrow hopes we had of being promoted. 

3 hours ago, ACAB said:

Took a couple of looks before working out whose leg was whose in the second picture.

Where’s Todorov in the first picture? Second one makes it look as if they’re neck and neck.

8 hours ago, Diamonds02 said:

Yeah I was also really relaxed compared to last season. I was more nervous 3-0 up against Falkirk than I was 2-1 down to thistle. Feels good to just be able to enjoy whatever happens in these play offs.

Also while I may disagree with it’s sentiments, the ‘we hate airdrie’ song has been stuck in my head all day.

One of the Queen's Park fans songs of choice last Friday night too! 🥱💩🚮

7 hours ago, Diamonds Are Red said:

One of the Queen's Park fans songs of choice last Friday night too! 🥱💩🚮

Could be worse: at least you are not the Bully Wee. We really can't stand them 🤣. 🕸🕷🕸

3 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Could be worse: at least you are not the Bully Wee. We really can't stand them 🤣. 🕸🕷🕸

Huh, even they rolled out "We are the famous Bully Wee, we hate Queen's Park and we hate Airdrie!" when they played Aberdeen in that cup game. 

Not particularly keen on them or their cretinous fans. 💩🚾

Clyde are another club and fanbase I'd never had any particular feelings about one way or the other, but the whole Goodwillie thing has put me right off them to the extent that I don't feel any of the usual sympathy that I would for a club in that state of decline and permacrisis. 

I assume he won’t be, unfortunately, but really hope Gabby McGill is fit for tomorrow. McGregor has pace but doesn’t have near the same industry, holdup play or ability as McGill. Suppose you potentially have to balance playing him tomorrow or try and get him fit for the remaining ties (though I assume he’ll miss them too anyway?) but if there’s any way of him playing I think we have to, to have any chance. 

I’m looking forward to this one again. Last game was superb for a neutral, both teams played really well and put on an entertaining game. 
Hope tonight delivers the same standard again. 

On 08/05/2024 at 22:58, jasperellon said:

Was a decent match to watch. More of the same on Friday please lads 

I thoroughly enjoyed the game and as a Saints fan I dont fancy our chances of beating either in the play offs

Looking forward to tuning in, caught highlights of the first leg and thought it was a good game. Would prefer an Airdrie win as I think they would beat Raith, they just have something over them. Also have some ex Pars and decent blokes in Todorov, Fordyce and McCabe. And if Thistle do win, then that's okay, just make sure you take Raith Rovers ever growing head clean off their shoulders 😀