Livingston V Motherwell 4/5/24

Couldn't see a match thread.

Guess no one cares about this game. Match could confirm our relegation but at least we won't match our worst points tally, but yet still hold that record.

2-1 Livi if we perform like we did last week, otherwise a 0-3 to Motherwell seeming more likely

Strange one for us as a win would mean we're still in with a chance of an ok-ish season, a loss means we've the worst squad in a decade and a disgrace of a manager who should be sacked immediately.

I guess Livingston having to win will make it a fairly open game. I think we'll edge it 2-1 but would take a Livingston, Hibs, Aberdeen treble if offered.

1 minute ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Sitting in the Cooper Stand, everyone around me thought that was never a penalty. Disgraceful decision. 

I can't see what Devlin is supposed to do. Nobody bar one player claimed for it. 

It hit his hand but it’s not a penalty for me - or shouldn’t be a penalty. Not surprised it was given with the current handball laws and VAR.  

Pretty much the "oh, In MY opinion uts a pentaly" from VAR causing the Ref to change thier mind.

Didn't think it's one. So add that to the "Wrong VAR decisions" sheet.

That's an awful awful decision. How the f**k can you justify not sending that to VAR. It's not a foul in the build up, it's not offside.

Posted (edited)

I thought it was a penalty. Devlin could've moved his arm out the way but didn't.

Disallowing the Livi goal made little sense. Anderson didn't foul, he was following the path of the ball whereas the Motherwell defender was moving the wrong way as he'd missed the ball. Therefore Anderson was obstructed not doing the obstruction.

Ach, well.

Edited by Freedom Farter

Just now, AdamMFC said:

Don't think it was a penalty and granted it's down the other end but it didn't look like their goal was offside.

It was given for the 'foul', definitely wasn't offside. The fact they think it's a foul is laughable, defender just throws himself down in front of the ball 

For Livi's disallowed goal, the linesman wave yhe flag for a foul and not off side. So no offside check and they probably decided not to check it/deem the Enfield decision as a mistake?

Seems that this game is Another reason to scrap VAR. Its taking the ref out of managing the game.