šŸ”“šŸ”µ The Caley v Montrose šŸ”µšŸ”µ

3 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Unfortunately we don't do streams because the CEO hates our fans

Ā 

2 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

You aye had the worst streaming service in the entire championship.

Ā 

2 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

ICT has always been one of the worst armchair experiences.

Ā 

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

shittest, cheapest option.

Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, RiG said:

ETA: Did the camera also spin back to the centre circle missing Arbroaths first goal or something along those lines?

Ā 

The Caley Way TM

To be fair to us, there were a couple of moments last night when Montrose's Pixellot camera chose to follow seagulls instead of the ball. Luckily there wasn't any danger of a goal being missed.

1 hour ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

To be fair to us, there were a couple of moments last night when Montrose's Pixellot camera chose to follow seagulls instead of the ball. Luckily there wasn't any danger of a goal being missed.

The seagulls trying to steal pies from some of the fans was probably the most exciting part of the game.

20 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

This reminds me of when we drew nil nil at Firhill against Queens Park at this stage 2 year ago.

Unfortunately for ICT the similarities are uncanny. Manager a slaver. Slow, ponderous football. General sense of malaise.Ā 

I don't gamble but if I did I'd slam some money on Montrose winning on Saturday.Ā  Can just see them scoring after 20 minutes and then the rest of the game being an utterly ponderous grim march of doom for us.

Man that was fucking brutal. One of the worst away performances I've ever seen from ICT. Fair play to Montrose they were really good I think we've underestimated them a bit too much. Worrying about Hamilton or Alloa when Montrose are a decent side themselves.

Rather concerning from a ICT perspective must do betterĀ  on Saturday Reminds me a lot off when we went away to Edinburgh City in the cup & struggled quite a bit on their plastic pitch drawing 1-1. They came up for the Replay & it was like a totally different game we beat them 6-1.

Can only hope something similar happens on Saturday but I'm not holding my breath... certainly not expecting us to score more then twice.Ā 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

You can usually find a pixellot stream somewhere, if you want to watch the camera track vans on the Kessock Bridge.

ICT has always been one of the worst armchair experiences.

That's just not true. I agree that the pixellot experience was and if the evidence of this thread is representative, remains a turgid one. It's for this reason that I declined the Montrose offering in favour of a text based updating service.Ā 

When Inverness moved onto a conventional broadcasting structure from the A9 side of the stadium, it was very well regarded and I recall Ross Tokely delivering a co-commentary that was as sage as it was entertaining.Ā 

Agrue if you will that that means it was always one of the worst but there can shirley be no debating the risible quality of Ayr's worm-o-vision that I recently but will never again subscribe to.Ā 

Ā 

It bears repeating and again there is evidence on this thread to support Scot Gardiner's view, that there is little point in providing broadcast quality footage if fans en masse seek out pirate versions. Whilst thus vojld be retarded as a nobel endeavour when it comes to clubs that are undeserving of the pound from the hoi polloi, to deny our local teams of such valuable revenue is roguery writ large.Ā 

Ā 

Edited by sophia
could be regarded as a noble

9 minutes ago, sophia said:

That's just not true. I agree that the pixellot experience was and if the evidence of this thread is representative, remains a turgid one. It's for this reason that I declined the Montrose offering in favour of a text based updating service.Ā 

When Inverness moved onto a conventional broadcasting structure from the A9 side of the stadium, it was very well regarded and I recall Ross Tokely delivering a co-commentary that was as sage as it was entertaining.Ā 

Agrue if you will that that means it was always one of the worst but there can shirley be no debating the risible quality of Ayr's worm-o-vision that I recently but will never again subscribe to.Ā 

Ā 

It bears repeating and again there is evidence on this thread to support Scot Gardiner's view, that there is little point in providing broadcast quality footage if fans en masse seek out pirate versions. Whilst thus vojld be retarded as a nobel endeavour when it comes to clubs that are undeserving of the pound from the hoi polloi, to deny our local teams of such valuable revenue is roguery writ large.Ā 

Ā 

I bought an International ppv season ticket from AFC, and would happily pay ICT for an international single match, but have to resort to a dodgy stream, as ICT don't offer the service to foreign viewers.

My recollection of the games up north from this season is that they were still filmed from the main stand, that you couldn't see anything on the far touchline as there appeared to be no zoom function and that there was no commentary. If I'm misremembering, I apologise, but that's my recollection.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, sophia said:

the risible quality of Ayr's worm-o-vision that I recently but will never again subscribe to.Ā 

In between County fixtures I follow Ayr, my local team growing up. Iā€™ve had the misfortune to watch Ayrā€™s stream many a time and itā€™s dire.

Your description of the lofty vantage point made me laugh out loud.

Edited by Lanky Highlander

40 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

I bought an International ppv season ticket from AFC, and would happily pay ICT for an international single match, but have to resort to a dodgy stream, as ICT don't offer the service to foreign viewers.

My recollection of the games up north from this season is that they were still filmed from the main stand, that you couldn't see anything on the far touchline as there appeared to be no zoom function and that there was no commentary. If I'm misremembering, I apologise, but that's my recollection.

It was like that for the first while but as said in the post you quoted it did get much better with Ross Tokely and Iain Auld on commentary with the camera on the opposite, or normal, side of the pitch.

The dodgy streams may well have always been from the shite camera in the main stand but the actual PPV one turned out pretty good.

No denying that our first attempt was absolutely shocking so can fully understand why people wouldnā€™t be willing to pay for it again, even if it had changed.

1 hour ago, sophia said:

Ā 

Ā 

I pay for streaming for Arbroath games, and I paid for (and still pay for) streaming from I think every other championship club.Ā  Raith, Thistle, Dunfermline, Ayr, all had decent streams.Ā  It was just that everything from the Inverness side was *so* poor that it put me off ever buying another stream from them*.Ā  It was unapologetically poor.Ā  Like every other club had at least made the bare minimum of effort, and then Inverness had just panicked and set up their streaming service on the bus to school that morning.Ā  Not only that, but they didn't even seem to care.Ā  Your own fans were raging (rightly so), but your club just shrugged and continued with their godawful service.Ā  Didn't you stick with pixellot long long after everyone else had given up?

Ā 

*Also that every single Inverness - Arbroath game was a crime against football

Ā 

Ā 

14 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I pay for streaming for Arbroath games, and I paid for (and still pay for) streaming from I think every other championship club.Ā  Raith, Thistle, Dunfermline, Ayr, all had decent streams.Ā  It was just that everything from the Inverness side was *so* poor that it put me off ever buying another stream from them*.Ā  It was unapologetically poor.Ā  Like every other club had at least made the bare minimum of effort, and then Inverness had just panicked and set up their streaming service on the bus to school that morning.Ā  Not only that, but they didn't even seem to care.Ā  Your own fans were raging (rightly so), but your club just shrugged and continued with their godawful service.Ā  Didn't you stick with pixellot long long after everyone else had given up?

Ā 

*Also that every single Inverness - Arbroath game was a crime against football

Ā 

Ā 

That's one way of looking at it.Ā 

ICT went into contract for the delivery of an auto system and it was awful. It wasn't quite as awful as the cringe worthy commentator (was it Andrew Bannerman?) but awful nonetheless.

Here's the thing, once you've signed a contract, however misconceived that may have been, it's a very difficult place from which to restart. If you want confirmation of this principle, think ferry, think two ferries. Restart they eventually did, I assume when the contract concluded, with a really good offering.Ā 

Don't get why everyone is complaining about our streams.

Scot Gardiner said it 'wasn't that bad', and if you can't trust Scot Gardiner who can you trust eh?

4 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Don't get why everyone is complaining about our streams.

Scot Gardiner said it 'wasn't that bad', and if you can't trust Scot Gardiner who can you trust eh?

Have you considered the possibility that there may have been a clause in the contract prohibiting public utterances by the client to the disadvantage of the vendor? It's quite common.Ā 

10 minutes ago, sophia said:

Have you considered the possibility that there may have been a clause in the contract prohibiting public utterances by the client to the disadvantage of the vendor? It's quite common.Ā 

In that case he could have said nothing at all rather than pretending it was goodĀ 

Just now, Central Belt Caley said:

In that case he could have said nothing at all rather than pretending it was goodĀ 

He could have but there was an almighty clamour for a comment, not least from this part of the online commentariat.Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, sophia said:

That's one way of looking at it.Ā 

ICT went into contract for the delivery of an auto system and it was awful. It wasn't quite as awful as the cringe worthy commentator (was it Andrew Bannerman?) but awful nonetheless.

Here's the thing, once you've signed a contract, however misconceived that may have been, it's a very difficult place from which to restart. If you want confirmation of this principle, think ferry, think two ferries. Restart they eventually did, I assume when the contract concluded, with a really good offering.Ā 

Another way of looking at it is that they weren't the only team to have a dreadful auto system.Ā  Plenty of other clubs had them.Ā  But if ICT were the only team who signed a contract so onerous that they were unable to escape it, then that also reflects badly on them.

35 minutes ago, sophia said:

No but if I had to sign this imaginary contract I'd make sire that there were clauses in it for it to be dropped quick smart if it failed spectacularly time after time. I'm sure he loved Bannerman's commentary too.Ā 

In the grand scale of things, just one of our more minor failures from our beloved CEO though to be fair.Ā 

On 08/05/2024 at 10:29, SandyCromarty said:

Our defense was very good last night that is why their forwards were ineffective, our problems was in midfield and forward, if it hadn't been for our defense this thread would have been in meltdown today.Ā 

Amazing to think we have a guy sitting on the bench week after week who was viewed as one of our more creative players but Fergusson has never trusted Macgregor with more than about 10 minutes. Meanwhile we're treated to the delights of Anderson. Fergusson throws on Pepple who doesn't look like he could score in a brothel (ok he got one...in 30 games according to the Luton newspapers) whilst a bright talent (Adam Brookes) sits, dejected and totally ignored. I thought Fergusson's big selling point was he was good at developing youth? Maybe they've got to come from England first, because obviously those from the U23 league who have never played a senior game will be much better than what we produce in our country.......

Back to the play off are ICT fans confident? This to me has a bit of of a Raith scenario where Gary Fu**ing Locke loaned Louis Vaughan to Dumbarton where he proceeded to score goals that helped them to 3rd bottom and us to eventual relegation by losing to Brechin in rhe play offs. By then we had brought in John Hughes. ICT changed manager, let an experienced player move to Queen'sĀ  Park who finished 3rd bottom, and now face an Angus team in the play offs.