🔴🔵 The Caley v Montrose 🔵🔵

Where is the best place for parking near the ground? Could have been mentioned already but I can’t be arsed looking back.

10 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Is that Micheal Gardyne number 6, 6 foot in the air? Or two times 6 foot in the air =12 foot in total? Or 66 foot in the air and you didn’t mean to leave a gap between the two sixes? 
😉

Good spot, meant to just be 6 foot in the air :lol:

7 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Where is the best place for parking near the ground? Could have been mentioned already but I can’t be arsed looking back.

Lunan Bay

6 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

It’s offensive that The Caley have to play such a low level outfit in a competitive fixture. 

I have the fear we could be playing such 'low level outfits' on a weekly basis next season....😞

15 hours ago, sophia said:

Is that the season when we lost four nil to Forfar in the penultimate fixture and when the season climaxed they, having a superior goal difference to Ross County, were promoted in second place? 

I had it in my memory that it was the final game, but you're right. It was the final home game. Alan Morgan put us to the sword. I was hoping we would sign him but he went to Partick. We did get Bobby Mann though.
We lost our final three games of the season after going something like 22 games undefeated. The seethe in cabbagetown was palpable, just as it was in 1995 when we actually produced a performance to beat the C(o)unty 3-0 and stop them being promoted.

Posted (edited)

I recall being at the Mo vs QoS play-off a few seasons back, when Dobbie and Dykes were in the away team.

Mo did well and won 2-1 at Links, but then were scudded 5-0 in Dumfries.

In some ways I think that kind of outcome suits Mo (maybe a bit less harsh in the second leg).  Success for them is being in these play-offs, and continuing to be one of the best part-time clubs in the country - with a great manager, and a fine behind the scenes set up at Links.  This after so many years of battling East Stirlingshire et al at the bottom.

Going up a level? - well their neighbours Arbroath (for a wee while) and Brechin had contrasting fortunes there.  Would Brechin risk this eternal oblivion they could find themselves in if they had never won that Championship play-off vs Yogi's Raith team? 

Edited by tarapoa

Do Montrose do the same steak and black pudding pies as their brethren down the coast?

If so get these Caley roasters punted into the the North Sea and a warm welcome to the Bell's Scottish First Division to you all.

2 hours ago, PB1994 said:

There's car parking at the ground, or plenty of side streets near the ground

No offence intended to Montrose here but please win this Inverness.

One of the upsides of Arbroath’s relegation is the hopeful resurrection of the Angus derby.

Also just sick to the back teeth of playing ICT.

15 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Ffs, I missed it. Who won?

Apologies, a typo (or still pished after our survival struggle to stay in the Championship). Fixed noo! 

Thanks for the heads up.

Absolutely no idea how Montrose will line up.  Looking at their team, they seem to have a good balance of goals across the side, three or four players all chipping in 9 or 10 goals.  From memory they have been in the play off spots most of the season so will probably be well prepared for this - pretty clear for a long time that there was only one title winner in that division so they doubtless made the play-offs a big focus for their season.

Posted (edited)

Value in a Montrose home win at 5/1 IMO.

ETA: got them at that yesterday, been backed in a bit.

Edited by Rob1885

17 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Value in a Montrose home win at 5/1 IMO.

ETA: got them at that yesterday, been backed in a bit.

10 used car salesmen and Michael Gardyne 11 used car salesmen shan't be posing us any problems this evening. Feel free to chuck your money away though.

4 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

No offence intended to Montrose here but please win this Inverness.

One of the upsides of Arbroath’s relegation is the hopeful resurrection of the Angus derby.

Also just sick to the back teeth of playing ICT.

Think we will be playing both these teams next season, always look forward to our games against Montrose, ICT, not so much, any thread involving them, always becomes a shitshow

10 minutes ago, ecto said:

Think we will be playing both these teams next season, always look forward to our games against Montrose, ICT, not so much, any thread involving them, always becomes a shitshow

Not just any thread, but any game too.  One of the key benefits of relegation should be that we won't need to play Inverness, so I'm infuriated that those useless b*****ds have got themselves into the playoffs.